Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 05-03-2008, 10:45 PM   #1
23airjordan23
Nash 4 MVP

23airjordan23 has decent reputation
Default Nathan Jawai.

Big fella from Australia.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=LX42AEpO-EY
http://youtube.com/watch?v=UpJszNGHjNA

Anyone else know about him? since i live in aus i know much about him those videos are from hes rookie season he won rookie of the year..
Anyone want him on your team?
23airjordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 12:03 PM   #2
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Nathan Jawai.

I don't know much about him but sure looks like the Raps could use his services down the road and would be well worth a high second rounder with his size and skillset.
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 06:49 PM   #3
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

espn's mock draft has him going late 1st round.comparisons to elton brand i hear?
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 09:55 PM   #4
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

He dosent look very explosive. Is his offensive skill set any good?
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 12:14 AM   #5
Ballertom04
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Ballertom04 has an OK reputation so far

I Haven't Seen Him Play...But I Have Seen Him In Person Training....He Is Massive Reminds Me Alot Of Dwight Howard But With A Better Jumper!!!!!
Ballertom04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 08:58 PM   #6
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballertom04
I Haven't Seen Him Play...But I Have Seen Him In Person Training....He Is Massive Reminds Me Alot Of Dwight Howard But With A Better Jumper!!!!!
i highly doubt that

THIS guy reminds me of dwight howard
http://youtube.com/watch?v=j-z1roI7-fQ
derrick favors,class of 2009.just so happens to be from atlanta too
Old 06-17-2008, 12:56 AM   #7
Ballertom04
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Ballertom04 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
i highly doubt that

THIS guy reminds me of dwight howard
http://youtube.com/watch?v=j-z1roI7-fQ
derrick favors,class of 2009.just so happens to be from atlanta too

You Highly Doubt What (He Is Like Dwight, or He Has A Better JUMPER than dwight)
Ballertom04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 08:41 AM   #8
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballertom04
You Highly Doubt What (He Is Like Dwight, or He Has A Better JUMPER than dwight)
that he is like dwight
Old 06-17-2008, 09:13 AM   #9
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He's pretty good, but he still needs some work. I doubt he'd be an impact player straight away, but if you're using a late 1st, early 2nd round pick on him, he'd be worth it.

It's hard to judge him based off his play in Australia because there just isn't anyone else his size here (NBL is a guards league). He's freaking huge, and really has no trouble at all getting position in the paint. He really doesn't have any other way of creating offense for himself other than overpowering his opponent. If he's playing in the NBA, he won't be able to do that against every opponent, so he'll have to learn some more ways to score.

He was nicknamed "Baby Shaq" here in Australia.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 01:01 AM   #10
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

I think he would be a great fit for a playoff team that is close (or in Boston's case, there). The game is changing and there isn't as much room for the monsters inside, but in an NBA where everyone else is trying to catch each other, it would be smart to take the lead and add a guy like Jawai who could come off the bench and be a force down low. Just think if the Lakers had a guy like Jawai to knock KG and Pierce around when they went to the hoop early in the series. They would think before they did it again. With Bynum coming back for the Lakers, as well as top teams still having guys like Duncan, Shaq, Yao, Howard, Boozer, Chandler, and perhaps Oden, if you are Boston or Detroit you need to think about that. Even if you are one of those teams with those start players, you still need to think about having some extra beef off the bench.

I just think that Jawai will never be more than a respectable backup, but because of what he could do if he pans out, that is worth a late 1st rounder.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 10:17 PM   #11
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I watched some of his games in the NBL, and i think he can easily contribute in his rookie season because of his experience playing in one of the best league in the Pacific.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 03:16 AM   #12
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He gets pushed out too easily for his size. Even against smaller centres and power fowards in the NBL.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: