Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-30-2008, 02:06 PM   #31
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Villa on the move / RJ not happy / Maggette Free agency

Villa is useless. Way too slow to be a SF, too slow to be a PF, too small/pansy to be a PF, lowest basketball IQ of anyone in the L, more useless than a chair on defense, can't run the floor, not smart enough to play half court basketball, no off the ball movement, can't dribble.

But he has decent range for a PF and he scored 47 points in a game once, WAAHOOO.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 02:37 PM   #32
Miller Time
the fighting mongooses

Miller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Villa is useless. Way too slow to be a SF, too slow to be a PF, too small/pansy to be a PF, lowest basketball IQ of anyone in the L, more useless than a chair on defense, can't run the floor, not smart enough to play half court basketball, no off the ball movement, can't dribble.

But he has decent range for a PF and he scored 47 points in a game once, WAAHOOO.

well I would be happy to see him in a Pacers jersey next season and here is my trade offer: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...11& te=&cash=

this is too little in my opinion, but after what I've read and heard many people say about him this is what you might think he is worth (atleast after this post ^)
Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 02:39 PM   #33
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time
well I would be happy to see him in a Pacers jersey next season and here is my trade offer: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...11& te=&cash=

this is too little in my opinion, but after what I've read and heard many people say about him this is what you might think he is worth (atleast after this post ^)
Wow. I had no idea Charlie V's contract was so cheap. I think the Bucks bite if we throw in a 2nd rounder.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 03:30 PM   #34
craiye
Local High School Star

craiye has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time

I doubt the Bucks would trade Charlie V for that....but who knows? It's funny if that went down though, he'd be "reunited" with the player that he was traded for except they'd both be on a different team.

I guess is shows how much Charlie's trade value has gone down. The Raptors traded him for TJ Ford who was looked at as a great PG prospect (still is IMO), who in turn was traded for a multi All Star PF/C. Now his trade value is a 12th man wing player and a player with all kinds of off-court trouble and some "potential" in S. Williams? I'm not sure if he's fallen that far.
craiye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 04:52 PM   #35
Miller Time
the fighting mongooses

Miller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by craiye
I doubt the Bucks would trade Charlie V for that....but who knows? It's funny if that went down though, he'd be "reunited" with the player that he was traded for except they'd both be on a different team.

I guess is shows how much Charlie's trade value has gone down. The Raptors traded him for TJ Ford who was looked at as a great PG prospect (still is IMO), who in turn was traded for a multi All Star PF/C. Now his trade value is a 12th man wing player and a player with all kinds of off-court trouble and some "potential" in S. Williams? I'm not sure if he's fallen that far.

thats what I am saying too... But some people talk like that is what he is worth.

"Villa is useless. Way too slow to be a SF, too slow to be a PF, too small/pansy to be a PF, lowest basketball IQ of anyone in the L, more useless than a chair on defense, can't run the floor, not smart enough to play half court basketball, no off the ball movement, can't dribble."
- LJJ
Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 06:15 PM   #36
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Charlie V. could make some noise in any close game.
He is a role player until he beef's up enough with age and strength to fill his true position at PF coming off the bench.
Bucks will move him only if he is packaged.

Charlie V. needs a Vet to play and help him on his team.
I think Gobb is correct in saying 18-25 minutes would be enough to cover up his weak a$$ defense.
Skiles might set a fire under him and preach rebound rebound rebound.
You got to want it - to get it.
Alot of short comings can be covered up if you wrip some boards down.

RJ will be just fine in Milwaukee - I actually see him finishing his career in Milwaukee.
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 07:23 PM   #37
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot
I felt like this was a nice combo of newsfacts.

The Bucks are shopping sf/pf Villa who wouldnt last long with Skiles running the show anyhow, RJ is unhappy with the trade but I think he'll fit in nicely with the other offensive players in Milwaukee. And the Clippers' Maggette will opt out.

So combining these news facts, where do you see each player going and how will they fit in? I could see the Clippers trying to move Maggette for Hinrich. Would be nice for them. Villanueava? Cleveland maybe? I don't know. He sucks.
he doesnt suck at all

for his career he is 14 ppg 8 rpg as a starter, with potential for big games like this one:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore...d=200 6032615

38 and 12 late last season: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore...d=200 8040928

kid could be a 18 and 8 guy given starters minutes..
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 07:41 PM   #38
kidachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Charlie suck? Pfft, the guy scored 47 points in a game in his rookie season. The guy is a beast and really should have been a starter on that Bucks team, and Raptors.

wow. didn't know that. i checked it. it was 48 points. god damn.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:53 PM   #39
Ian
Ahh, buck it.

Ian has decent reputation

I've had mixed feelings about Charlie V ever since we acquired him for T.J. I still wish we never traded him away, but not much you can do.

He doesn't suck but he's so inconsistent. Other teams could definitely use him. I hope we trade him.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 08:18 PM   #40
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Charlie is a good offensive player, and a horrible defensive player. There's definitely a place for him in the NBA. Either off the bench for a team that needs scoring, or even in the starting lineup if the rest of the roster is great defensively. He could probably start for the Cavs if he and Lebron were the primary scorers, and the other 3 were good defenders.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:46 PM   #41
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
2. Corey Maggette in Clevland? Wouldnt be a bad idea. How does Clevland get him? Another story. Where is he rumored too go? I'm trying to think of teams who could use his game.

Would have to be expirers and draft picks, or maybe Daniel Gibson or Varejo. Unless someone wants Sasha.

I like Maggette's game, I just worry about the Cavs going after guys who are getting on in their careers. It clearly didn't work out with Wallace or Wally. And I think back further to Shawn Kemp and Dan Marjle. Good guys, but a shadow of their former selves.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 11:35 PM   #42
shaoyut
National High School Star

shaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Charlie suck? Pfft, the guy scored 47 points in a game in his rookie season. The guy is a beast and really should have been a starter on that Bucks team, and Raptors.
48 points
shaoyut is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: