Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 06-03-2007, 03:24 PM   #1
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool
Default Whats next?

Whats next for the Pistons?

Chauncey Billups is on the open market.

C-Webb might retire

Linsday Hunter might retire and work in the Pistons front office.

Flip Murray might opt out his contract and go on the market.

Rasheed might get traded.

Nzar Mohammad could get traded

Theirs a rumor the Pistons could bring in Zach Randolph.

What do you think will happen for each of these situations?

Last edited by idizzle : 06-03-2007 at 04:06 PM.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 03:39 PM   #2
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Whats next?

The Pistons need to make a change. I would like to see C-Web play for the minimum and come off the bench. He isn't the starter we were looking for. The Pistons definately need to resign Billups. They aren't going to find a better point gaurd out there and in my opinion he was always the real heart of the team. The Pistons core is Billups, Hamilton, and Prince. Everybody else we can handle to lose or trade. Wallace didn't have a good playoffs. I think they should really consider trading him while his stock still is somewhat decent. I think the Pistons really need to look at getting rid of Mohammad. That signing was just a kick in the nuts. I really wish they could have pulled off that trade of him for Mo Pete or Bonzi Wells. Speaking of Bonzi he could opt out and if he doesn't ask for crazy money he may be some good help for Detroit. I think Detroit should make a strong pitch to get Grant Hill back in here. If they can sign him cheap that would be the perfect back up. Then we would just have to make a major deal to get a big man in here. I think the front court is really what hurt Detroit all season long. With all the all star caliber trade rumors out there I think Detroit has the pieces to be in the conversation. It would be nice to get a guy who is a yearly all star in Detroit.
dd24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 05:53 PM   #3
guacomole
I brick open layups

guacomole has decent reputation

The team is too old we need to find a young star to build around with maxiel, tay, and amir as the main supporting cast. Also find a pg, if billups leaves were screwed and if he stays he only has a few years left as a starter. Although everyone is saying dump sheed i think he should stay i think hes still the complete package just not athletic and loses his temper sometimes and maxiel or someone can grow into the starting spot as the years progress. The bench is overfilled with veterens that although are good just arent working ne more. Dont expect the team to be very good the next few years, we need at least one good draft pick and some good trades. If only we chose melo
guacomole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 05:55 PM   #4
guacomole
I brick open layups

guacomole has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
The Pistons need to make a change. I would like to see C-Web play for the minimum and come off the bench. He isn't the starter we were looking for. The Pistons definately need to resign Billups. They aren't going to find a better point gaurd out there and in my opinion he was always the real heart of the team. The Pistons core is Billups, Hamilton, and Prince. Everybody else we can handle to lose or trade. Wallace didn't have a good playoffs. I think they should really consider trading him while his stock still is somewhat decent. I think the Pistons really need to look at getting rid of Mohammad. That signing was just a kick in the nuts. I really wish they could have pulled off that trade of him for Mo Pete or Bonzi Wells. Speaking of Bonzi he could opt out and if he doesn't ask for crazy money he may be some good help for Detroit. I think Detroit should make a strong pitch to get Grant Hill back in here. If they can sign him cheap that would be the perfect back up. Then we would just have to make a major deal to get a big man in here. I think the front court is really what hurt Detroit all season long. With all the all star caliber trade rumors out there I think Detroit has the pieces to be in the conversation. It would be nice to get a guy who is a yearly all star in Detroit.

All the people you mentioned are getting too old, bonzi and hill will only add to the oldness, we need young players or in 3 years we'll be the worst team in the league.
guacomole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 06:02 PM   #5
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think we do need some of those veterans to come in off the bench. I would like more youth in the front court. The only chip that we could trade for that is Sheed + whatever else.
dd24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 08:15 PM   #6
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

kobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation here

Ship Chauncy to Lakers!
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 04:26 PM   #7
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobesabi
Ship Chauncy to Lakers!
We would love to have chauncy.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 08:04 PM   #8
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA.MJ&KB#1
We would love to have chauncy.

A lot of teams would love to have Chauncey. The question is: Is he staying in Detroit?
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 03:41 PM   #9
Walton_04
Decent playground baller

Walton_04 has an OK reputation so far

The pistons have a very good draft record (aside from Darko), so I get the feeling they will find at least one effective player in this draft. If not a starter, they will find a good role player.
Walton_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:01 AM   #10
candle_guy
Can barely lace up my sneakers

candle_guy has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by guacomole
The team is too old we need to find a young star to build around with maxiel, tay, and amir as the main supporting cast. Also find a pg, if billups leaves were screwed and if he stays he only has a few years left as a starter. Although everyone is saying dump sheed i think he should stay i think hes still the complete package just not athletic and loses his temper sometimes and maxiel or someone can grow into the starting spot as the years progress. The bench is overfilled with veterens that although are good just arent working ne more. Dont expect the team to be very good the next few years, we need at least one good draft pick and some good trades. If only we chose melo
If only we chose anyone apart from Darko.
candle_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:25 AM   #11
ZeN
24,300...2K To Go

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by candle_guy
If only we chose anyone apart from Darko.

thats true because essentially looking at the past, you got almost nothing by choosing Darko..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: