Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Going to a concert by yourself

So there's a concert coming up this summer with a couple bands that I used to be pretty into and don't tour the east coast very much. Only a couple of my friends are also into this type of music and they can't make it so I'm thinking of going myself. Anyone go to concerts by themselves and if so is it still a pretty fun experience?

Default Re: Going to a concert by yourself

I was supposed to go to a Reel Big Fish concert with some friends and they all backed out, but I went by myself.

Never go out to do stuff by myself like that, so it was akward at first, but I had a blast, met another girl there by herself, ended up fu[COLOR="Black"]c[/COLOR]king her.

So, there's always that.

Get drunk and just go.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

I've gone plenty of times and it is fun. At a certain age, you just stop caring about needing to be with people to have fun. I've gone to movies by myself too, and it is never awkward for me.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    I've gone plenty of times and it is fun. At a certain age, you just stop caring about needing to be with people to have fun. I've gone to movies by myself too, and it is never awkward for me.

This.

Its usually MORE fun to go to events with others but if its not an option theres nothin wrong with mobbin one deep ya feel me

NBA Superstar

I'd say I prefer to go with others but I try not let the fact I'm alone stop myself from going. Sometimes only doing things like that with others can limit your options and opportunities. I passed up Rammstein a few years ago because I didn't really know anyone who'd be into that type of show. In hindsight I wish I would have just gone by myself. Since then I found it can be liberating to get out there on one's own in those type of situations.

Good High School Starter LOLCATS's Avatar

Theres nothing wrong with going by yourself, but you need to outgoing because you will most likely need to make temporary friends there to really get into the experience.

I went to my first concert (AC/DC at the United Center) by myself. IMO, it's more fun with friends, but it's fun regardless.

Nice, thanks guys, glad to hear some positive experiences

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by LOLCATS
    Theres nothing wrong with going by yourself, but you need to outgoing because you will most likely need to make temporary friends there to really get into the experience.
    I'll say, even as someone who's relatively introverted, I've enjoyed my solo concerts (El-P & Killer Mike, part of Brother Ali). Even if I'm just absorbing the atmosphere by myself (without being outgoing with others) it can still be a fun experience, though surely a little strange in the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    The best thing ever is going to a great movie months after it came out and you're all alone in the room

I went to La Dispute myself.. I don't talk to people during the concert anyway so no biggie..

Going to see Clutch by myself in September and Mastodon by myself in October. My friends are f*cking weak when it comes to good music.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    The best thing ever is going to a great movie months after it came out and you're all alone in the room
    I've done that a couple of times with mediocre movies, but not great ones. Great ones tend to have a few other people in the theater no matter how long it has been out.

Quote Originally Posted by dkmwise
    So there's a concert coming up this summer with a couple bands that I used to be pretty into and don't tour the east coast very much. Only a couple of my friends are also into this type of music and they can't make it so I'm thinking of going myself. Anyone go to concerts by themselves and if so is it still a pretty fun experience?
    You are missing out on the perfect reason to ask a girl out. The music cant be that bad....