Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: NBA Elite 11 - Shit just got serious

One thing that bothered me the most is when Pierce got a 3-pointer and the crowd goes loud!

Scribbles
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

OMG LOL@First video. Commentary made it even better

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    I didn't like the demo too much. 2K's was better, there were still some things that bothered me but i didn't even like playing the Elite game. The controls were ehh and the way the other players reacted bothered me. The players on the bench reacting i liked but it's too much, every shot is like WOW! WTF! DID YOU SEE WHAT HE DID? If it just happened time to time it would be better.
    It was the 4th quarter of game 7, obviously every possession/score is a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGlove
    It was the 4th quarter of game 7, obviously every possession/score is a big deal.
    They reacted the same every shot. I guarantee it won't be context sensitive, it never is.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    They reacted the same every shot. I guarantee it won't be context sensitive, it never is.
    You have a point there.

Elite wasn't all that bad, I give it a 5 out of ten. I see where they are trying to go with the whole concept of a basketball game and I think next they will be great.

I was really disappointed by it, and honestly thought they would be further along than this. I like the controls and the movement of the players(2k is still too rigid, every game I'm fighting with my player to get him to go in the direction I want him to) and the commentary. The defensive AI wasn't bad and Ray Allen really played great defense against me.

The bad? Graphics were not up to par, the shot animations were not right, post game is still garbage(I dont know if I should put this in since that we don't know all the controls), they need to downrate everyone's vertical in this game.

The main thing I liked about it was the way the players moved, I went back and forth between the 2k11 demo and the elite demo and that is the one thing I couldn't stand about 2k11. It is still a pain in the ass to move with the ball in this game.

Are you serious? Live was way better than 2k for four years. Do you even remember 2k basketball games before 2k6
    I remember playing NBA 2K on Dreamcast and thinking it was light years ahead of anything Live ever did.

Quote Originally Posted by indiefan24
    I remember playing NBA 2K on Dreamcast and thinking it was light years ahead of anything Live ever did.

Live 2000 was better than 2k, trust me. I got my dreamcast on 9/9/99 and the only thing 2k had on live was graphics and online play.

Then let's not forget about when isomotion was a button while live had freestyle dribbling. That whole era live OWNED 2k hard.

The third link is from Live 10, check the upload date. Check the comments. Look at the footage.
    One video nice live fan boy... You can't backup the rest. Please don't tell me you're gonna try and defend the jesus mode now...

Future D1 Dad

Live 2000 was better than 2k, trust me. I got my dreamcast on 9/9/99 and the only thing 2k had on live was graphics and online play.

Then let's not forget about when isomotion was a button while live had freestyle dribbling. That whole era live OWNED 2k hard.
    i remember one version of live was better on the original playstation than it was on ps2. that's crazy enough. must have been like '00 or '01.

Yeah maybe it was the graphics that made me overlook everything else, but I enjoyed it.

On a different but related note, I totally thought NFL 2K had Madden on it's heels until EA completely bought out the NFL rights in 2004.

You have a point there.

Elite wasn't all that bad, I give it a 5 out of ten. I see where they are trying to go with the whole concept of a basketball game and I think next they will be great.

I was really disappointed by it, and honestly thought they would be further along than this. I like the controls and the movement of the players(2k is still too rigid, every game I'm fighting with my player to get him to go in the direction I want him to) and the commentary. The defensive AI wasn't bad and Ray Allen really played great defense against me.

The bad? Graphics were not up to par, the shot animations were not right, post game is still garbage(I dont know if I should put this in since that we don't know all the controls), they need to downrate everyone's vertical in this game.

The main thing I liked about it was the way the players moved, I went back and forth between the 2k11 demo and the elite demo and that is the one thing I couldn't stand about 2k11. It is still a pain in the ass to move with the ball in this game.
    What kills me about the EA games is they always have these great player / crowd reactions but they never make them context sensitive. It doesn't strike me as that difficult to do. If game is within 5 points and 1 minute and you hit shot, everyone jump up. That would be so cool. But nope, it's all or nothing 95% of the time....

Quote Originally Posted by Batz
    One video nice live fan boy... You can't backup the rest. Please don't tell me you're gonna try and defend the jesus mode now...
    You are a dumbass, I laughed the first time I saw it a long time ago(tuesday). Why would I try to defend the game and how am I a fanboy? I'm just tired of 2k being so god damn lazy. The have been using the same engine since 2k7. This shit is out of hand, the movement is still garbage. I hate that.

You are a dumbass, I laughed the first time I saw it a long time ago(tuesday). Why would I try to defend the game and how am I a fanboy? I'm just tired of 2k being so god damn lazy. The have been using the same engine since 2k7. This shit is out of hand, the movement is still garbage. I hate that.
    You can tell me all the bullshit you want but right now I see is a live fanboy getting virtually whooped and going crazy replying to every post to try and defend Live/Elite and himself. Try and be less obvious first before you lie.

Quote Originally Posted by indiefan24
    Yeah maybe it was the graphics that made me overlook everything else, but I enjoyed it.

On a different but related note, I totally thought NFL 2K had Madden on it's heels until EA completely bought out the NFL rights in 2004.
    NFL 2k was better than Madden, but NBA Live 2000/02(arguable)/03/04/05(Live was killing 2K) was better than 2k.