Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Default Sixers met with Allen Iverson Nov. 30, and on Dec 2 agreed to a deal

This thread was started on November 27, but the latest as of Monday, November 30 is that the Sixers have met with Allen Iverson to discuss signing him

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=5090

UPDATE: And on Dec. 2 the 76ers and Iverson agreed to a deal: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=5097
    Last edited by insidehoops; 12-02-2009 at 10:17 AM.

NBA rookie of the year Styles p's Avatar

Default Re: Sixers should sign IVERSON

id love to see this happen.

I like it for Iverson.
    I don't like it for Philli.

I have been rooting for a 76er return since he got moved from Denver. However, the Grizz thing makes it harder to happen somehow.

Iverson's welcome to Phili as a Nugget:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNcY-xn65rU

Local High School Star BALLin01's Avatar

I don't like it for either one of them. AI will always be remembered as a Sixer but right now I think Philly is more focused on developing Holiday and Williams because they aren't going to challenge for a championship anytime soon and Iverson won't change that.

Philly is currently out of the playoff race right now with everyone playing as pretty much expected except Brand. Lou was really accelling, Thad is about on par with last season, Iggy has been good, Dalembert is about as effective as you'll get for the limited minutes they are now playing him, and Kapono & Carney are spreading the floor as expected.

I really don't see a reason why Philly wouldn't want to try experimenting with Iverson, especially with Lout out for the next 2 months. Starting out the season 5-9, with most of your players playing as expected is not good. There's only so long the "new coaching system" excuse will work.

You aren't suddenly going to insert a rookie PG into the lineup and expect a swing in the win %.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86
    Philly is currently out of the playoff race right now with everyone playing as pretty much expected except Brand. Lou was really accelling, Thad is about on par with last season, Iggy has been good, Dalembert is about as effective as you'll get for the limited minutes they are now playing him, and Kapono & Carney are spreading the floor as expected.

I really don't see a reason why Philly wouldn't want to try experimenting with Iverson, especially with Lout out for the next 2 months. Starting out the season 5-9, with most of your players playing as expected is not good. There's only so long the "new coaching system" excuse will work.

You aren't suddenly going to insert a rookie PG into the lineup and expect a swing in the win %.
    Well, Lou Williams was excelling for Lou Williams at least, but Thaddeus is having an awful year. Dalembert has been terrible, Kapono has been inconsistent and Carney's minutes have been erratic as has his play. Have you even seen a Sixers game this year?

Quote Originally Posted by BALLin01
    I don't like it for either one of them. AI will always be remembered as a Sixer but right now I think Philly is more focused on developing Holiday and Williams because they aren't going to challenge for a championship anytime soon and Iverson won't change that.
    Why don't you like it for Iverson?

Banned

so its a trend to not sign iverson when the lakers have ****ty guards like farmar LOL

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luigi
    Why would he want to go to another **** team? Philly isn't built around him and he would be terrible there. His run in the NBA is over. He might latch on with someone but you can just forget about it. No one wants him. What's the sense of him going to a crap team and jacking up a bunch of shots every night? He needs a team to be built for him and at this stage in his career no one wants to do that. It's not like he practices much or is a good locker room guy. Coaches and GMs don't want him anywhere near young players.

Quote Originally Posted by Luigi
    Why would he join another mediocre team? When Lou Williams comes back his minutes will be reduced than will complain, even as an AI fan I can admit this. At this point, the only reasonable destination for him is Charlotte. He respects Larry Brown and will listen to what he says and I think Larry Brown is the only coach in the league that knows how to use AI to the best of his ability.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BALLin01
    Why would he join another mediocre team? When Lou Williams comes back his minutes will be reduced than will complain, even as an AI fan I can admit this. At this point, the only reasonable destination for him is Charlotte. He respects Larry Brown and will listen to what he says and I think Larry Brown is the only coach in the league that knows how to use AI to the best of his ability.

AI stephan jackson, gerald wallace, and tysone chandler

Quote Originally Posted by HylianNightmare
    AI stephan jackson, gerald wallace, and tysone chandler
    AI/Augustin
    Jackson/Brown
    Wallace/Murray
    Diaw/Diop
    Chandler/Mohammed

Not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by francesco totti
    If it goes down, this will be Iverson's audition to the rest of the L. If he does well, they will probably trade him to better team.

NBA rookie of the year Styles p's Avatar

i hope this happens. it cant hurt us at all.

Serious playground baller Ruslan`'s Avatar

Default Sixers appear ready to bring back Allen Iverson