Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-12-2009, 05:19 PM   #1
JayGuevara
Hellbound

Default If You Were An NBA Ref?

Would you make the "right" call to the best of your abilities, whether it was against LeBron or Royal Ivey? I would. Not because I want to follow the rules, but because I can imagine the league telling me to cool my jets on fouls against certain players, to which I would say "no dice" and then threaten to go public with evidence/proof of the bending of the rules to protect the superstars. I would either blackmail Stern into millions of dollars, or probably get a book/tv deal to detail it all.

I think that would definitely be worth it. Extortion is always good. Though since it's never happened (as far as I know), it makes me think there's not that much of conspiracy to believe in. Or Stern has each and every ref in his pocket.

So, what would you do in that scenario?
JayGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 05:21 PM   #2
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Default Re: If You Were An NBA Ref?

Stern has assassins in his pocket more like it.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 05:21 PM   #3
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

You don't know Stern like I know Stern. He forced Jordan out of the league for two seasons because of his off-court demeanor and gambling. He'll literally eat you alive while fining your family members $1,000,000 each for the inconvenience of having to eat you.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 05:26 PM   #4
JayGuevara
Hellbound

Well luckily, I'm a pseudo-anti-conformist, and pseudo-anti-establishment. So I would fight the good fight, until it became apparent that I wasn't going to get my millions of dollars, then I would move to Bolivia for political asylum from David Stern.

Where's Doomsday? Is there any evidence linking Stern to 9/11? I'm sure there is somewhere. Hell, if you think about it, it's pretty obvious. 9+11=20. 2+0+0+1 = 3. = 23. That was his prophecy of the changing of the guard from Jordan to LeBron. The old tower would fall, and a new era would be ushered in.
JayGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 05:56 PM   #5
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

I wouldnt want to be a ref. Too much under the microscope. Having to read your game review by others who are very critical of how you called a game? Trying to do a good job dispite all the pressures so you can ref in the playoffs? Eh, not that appealing to me.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 06:47 PM   #6
YAH trick YAH
Local High School Star

I could barely stand being a sideline referee during a girls soccer game. Those parents are nuts. I wouldn't last a quarter for an NBA game.

But yes I would call the game fairly no matter who it was.
YAH trick YAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 07:31 PM   #7
PistolPete
The Pistol

College and below is where it's at.
PistolPete is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: