Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
    the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Default Re: Ben Affleck Is The New Batman

I know Affleck has been great as of late, both as an actor and director...but the type of films he was working on are in a completely different field than 'Batman'.

I think the idea of Affleck as Batman sounds just fckin awful...sorry, I think he has a 0% chance of even being 50% as good as Bale, even if there is only a 10% my math makes any sense here.

Banned

I know WB was pushing hard for Affleck to direct the Justice League movie(s). I wonder if he agreed to that only under the condition that he gets to be Batman. If he does end up being at the helm of those projects, and it makes sense now that he would be, it might not be too terrible to have him in the role.

Real Men watch CBM

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    With the way they overpowered Superman in Man of Steel he would rip Batman apart in approximately .02 seconds. Warner Brothers is going for the hail mary pass and hopes putting both of them in a movie together will generate enough buzz for a Justice League movie.
    If it's really going to be Superman vs. Batman they aren't going to let it go that way. Two things will keep it from being the "realistic" (odd word to apply to a superhero movie) bloodbath it should be.

1: Superman isn't a killer. He's not even a maimer if he can avoid it. It is completely in-character for him to just try and subdue Batman and thus give Batman a chance.

2: Batman isn't just going to punch him in the face. Batman is the DC Universe's ultimate strategist and as such he'll uncover Superman's vulnerability to kryptonite, hit him with missiles and/or make an Iron Man-like armor that can take some of the abuse.

Whenever they fight it's always implied that Superman would destroy him if he had no morals and that's a fact Batman relies on. The fight will either end with Superman getting pissed off, knocking Wayne out and then flying away or Batman realizing that whatever reason he had for fighting Superman was based on faulty intel. Maybe Superman is fooled into hunting down the "criminal" Batman, sees some good in what Batman does and he either decides to side with Batman without bringing him to the authorities or he brings him in leaving Batman with the ability to escape.

But it's never the .0002 second fight it would be if Superman just wanted to be rid of him.

You know who could have been Wonder Woman? A younger, WWE Chyna. No chance now though...her movie career took a decidedly, um, "different" direction.

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

this movie is going to be an absolute train wreck of suckiness...

I just can't picture a duo of Superman and a Batman played by Affleck any other way...the entire idea of this thing makes me cringe in embarrassment really.

It is so bad that I actually wish this movie would go away as I am scared it is going to get its "suckiness" on all the other comic book movies...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    this movie is going to be an absolute train wreck of suckiness...

I just can't picture a duo of Superman and a Batman played by Affleck any other way...the entire idea of this thing makes me cringe in embarrassment really.

It is so bad that I actually wish this movie would go away as I am scared it is going to get its "suckiness" on all the other comic book movies...
    I feel the same way unfortunately

But if I'm right and they made this move just to retain Affleck as the director of the JL franchise, it might not be a total loss. I have great respect for his abilities as a director. Zack Snyder's hack ass can go kick rocks, f*cker still owes me money for that abomination that was Sucker Punch.

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    With the way they overpowered Superman in Man of Steel he would rip Batman apart in approximately .02 seconds. Warner Brothers is going for the hail mary pass and hopes putting both of them in a movie together will generate enough buzz for a Justice League movie.
    Superman is not overpowered in this movie. He was just like the movie, an alien with no limits. Don't compare this Superman with cartoon version, the comic version has no opponents except for doomdsday and darkseid. His weakness besides krryptonite is magic, thats it.

Taylor Cole would make the perfect Wonder Woman in a JL movie. Srsly...

Very good NBA starter

Wack... I had high hopes for the first Man of Steel film, though I walked away from it thinking it was not memorable (in the grand scheme) and they didn't hit a home run.... Now I'm even more skeptical. Not an Affleck fan.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    You know who could have been Wonder Woman? A younger, WWE Chyna. No chance now though...her movie career took a decidedly, um, "different" direction.
    hell no that dude is gross

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    I feel the same way unfortunately

But if I'm right and they made this move just to retain Affleck as the director of the JL franchise, it might not be a total loss. I have great respect for his abilities as a director. Zack Snyder's hack ass can go kick rocks, f*cker still owes me money for that abomination that was Sucker Punch.
    the director of sucker punch plus the leading man from gigli...sounds like a can't miss!!

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

I'm not ready to start bashing this idea. But part of me is wondering if, after the studios realized MoS wasn't going to be the huge success they had hoped and really insisted on Batman vs. Superman that they would have done everything they could to bring back Christopher Nolan to direct it and Christian Bale to play Batman.

In other news, the MoS fan page on facebook is saying that Bryan Cranston will likely be cast as Lex Luthor and the official announcement will come right after the series finale of Breaking Bad.

But right now, Affleck is Batman and I'm not going to start saying it's going to be absolute crap until we see Affleck on the set and we get pictures of him in the cowl and even a trailer to see what the movie will even be like.

This is NOT going to be Batman & Robin or Batman Forever bad. There's no way the studio would let that happen. Neither would Zack Snyder and David S. Goyer. Snyder might not be on Nolan's level but he's not THAT bad to make another Batman & Robin/Batman Forever.

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor
    hell no that dude is gross
    You can definitely say that now and I wouldn't have disagreed much back in her heyday. But I figure Wonder Woman should be played by a body-builder woman, tall and looking like they did steroids. It's supposed to be believable that she can go to-totoe with Superman. So it's not just about being attractive.