Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Coffee vs energy drinks vs 5 hours

If you're trying to do it with healthy way, change your diet so you get the nutrients you need for the day through food. I've done detox flushes for weekends with fasting then the following week I will eat nutrient rich foods like veggies and fruits and have a bunch of energy and don't need anything to stimulate myself.

If you have to choose one of those three I would recommend the coffee. Small coffee daily can be healthy, and is great pre-workout as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    If you're trying to do it with healthy way, change your diet so you get the nutrients you need for the day through food. I've done detox flushes for weekends with fasting then the following week I will eat nutrient rich foods like veggies and fruits and have a bunch of energy and don't need anything to stimulate myself.

If you have to choose one of those three I would recommend the coffee. Small coffee daily can be healthy, and is great pre-workout as well.

Why would anyone want to do that when they can just drink some coffee?

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    5 hours is just B-vitamins in fast uptake form, right? you should try to get that stuff from your diet + supplements so that you don't need such drinks.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/clareoco...5-hour-energy/

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta

Why would anyone want to do that when they can just drink some coffee?
    Because doing that promotes so many other good things for you body than what just having a poor diet and drinking coffee does.

Healthy heart, less chance of getting sick, better libido, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Because doing that promotes so many other good things for you body than what just having a poor diet and drinking coffee does.

Healthy heart, less chance of getting sick, better libido, etc.

Going for that 100th year are you brah?

Going for that 100th year are you brah?
    I have trouble believing Meticode has a libido, much less need for it to be better.

5-time NBA All-Star

I ask all of you to look up the following

- Russian Morning Energizer Workout
    - Eastern Practices such as Qigong and Bramachary
    - Books such as Food and Mood
    - Ben Greenfield's Superhuman Diet
    - Dave Asprey Bulletproof Executive
    -

Please.

If you want to significantly increase your energy levels you have a lot of things you can look into

It's out there.

Get these basics down then add coffee

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

drinking coffee has been linked to longer life...

they are not sure what it is that makes coffee drinkers live longer on average, coffee has hundreds of different antioxidents, but they know it's not caffeine...decaf coffee has the same effect...caffeine is very unhealthy, it raises stress and anxiety levels.

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-

they are not sure what it is that makes coffee drinkers live longer on average, coffee has hundreds of different antioxidents, but they know it's not caffeine...decaf coffee has the same effect...caffeine is very unhealthy, it raises stress and anxiety levels.
    Too much caffeine is unhealthy. Not just caffeine. A lot of medications, etc. have caffeine. It speeds up the blood flow, if my asthma kicks up (which it does if rarely) a little coffee helps. Speeds up the blood flow, moves oxygen around. (Now if you have so much that everything is all jittery, yeah that doesn't help.)

   

okay, i forgot about the energy blend component. a lot of that is common in energy drinks IIRC.

but hard to believe the reviewer had no downside to drinking those things. maybe for a single shot, but over time she'll probably skew her biochemistry just like those other drinks do.

if it was a straight colloidal B-mix i could see the point. B's can be hard to absorb, which is why doctors sometimes give them in shot form. the effect can apparently last for months.

i still might try one of these 5H's just to see how my body likes it, but i would expect little diff between it and a rockstar, redbull or whatever.

   

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-

last time i looked at caffeine it was considered medically safe at reasonable levels (non mega-dosing). what research are you referring to?

   

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
    I ask all of you to look up the following

- Russian Morning Energizer Workout
    - Eastern Practices such as Qigong and Bramachary
    - Books such as Food and Mood
    - Ben Greenfield's Superhuman Diet
    - Dave Asprey Bulletproof Executive ...
    i do some yoga, a strength exercise and a meditation when i wake up.

my diet is whole foods / antioxidant spectrum / low-inflammation - oriented.

other than qigong which we've talked about, do you reckon there's anything useful for me from that list?

shhhhhhh

okay, i forgot about the energy blend component. a lot of that is common in energy drinks IIRC.

but hard to believe the reviewer had no downside to drinking those things. maybe for a single shot, but over time she'll probably skew her biochemistry just like those other drinks do.

if it was a straight colloidal B-mix i could see the point. B's can be hard to absorb, which is why doctors sometimes give them in shot form. the effect can apparently last for months.

i still might try one of these 5H's just to see how my body likes it, but i would expect little diff between it and a rockstar, redbull or whatever.
    Yeah I wouldn't know myself, but you're right it was interesting, she seemed to go into the experiment with one attitude and came out with another one ..

I've never had one of those or an energy drink... I'm naturally amped up, nowhere near hyper but i don't need anything to rev me up more... although i do like coffee (one of the best flavors in the world).. i can drink the stuff then go take a nap it really has no effect or at least not one that i notice... 3 or four cups in a row i'm wishing i hadn't done that but a couple are never a problem

last time i looked at caffeine it was considered medically safe at reasonable levels (non mega-dosing). what research are you referring to?
    So's heroin.

   

So's heroin.
    and they're basically the same thing, so good point, dresta.