Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast
    why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Default Re: Basketball Diary

Finished with 14 pts 5 rebs 3 ast 4 st, 3/5 3pt 1/1 2pt 3/4 ft.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz

What's your ethnicity bro??

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    What's your ethnicity bro??
    Indian -> picked the wrong sport for my genetics.

Indian -> picked the wrong sport for my genetics.

You are a pretty good player.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

nice

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Dude... are you in the NY area? That court looks really familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
    Dude... are you in the NY area? That court looks really familiar.
    LOL no. In South Korea.

NBA Superstar

I outscored a 44-year-old Lindsey Hunter tonight, haha.

I wore down late though. Ran out of energy because I exerted a little extra on defense trying not to look like an idiot guarding Lindsey. Thankfully, he mostly seemed satisfied with setting himself up to pull from deep. Kept trying to get me with a cross, hoping to put me on my heels so he could get a clean look from deep. Just tried not to bite. He hit two anyway, both from a healthy distance.

I feel pretty stupid though. Scored eight of our first ten and wore down as the game wore on (we had six players). Finished with 15 after scoring 30 last week (hashtag shameless brag). We led by 10 at half and coughed it up :-\ They started hitting from deep - they also had a guy named Pierre Dukes who played for Oakland U. in the mid-2000's (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q2dc2UixlI). He was hitting. Good player.

They sat in a 2-3 zone and there were gaps - I just didn't make myself have the energy to go to those gaps with enough frequency, so kind of a regretful feel about things. Also missed a wide open layup that would have cut our deficit to two with a couple minutes left. Caught a 50 foot pass with my back to the basket, tried to turn and go up immediately and inexplicably lost control of the ball as I went up. Shoulda dunked it, didn't know if I could.

Definitely my worst game of the past three weeks. Lindsey also picked me up full court one possession. I eluded him with an in-and-out dribble and proceeded up the floor, pumped the brakes a little, and he back-tipped me, leading to a transition bucket the other way. Another stupid move on my part.

This last part belongs in the brag thread we had around here for a while. My last five games, points-wise: 35, 19, 30, 25, 15. Just upset to leave with such a bad taste in my mouth after tonight's performance.
    Last edited by Rake2204; 03-03-2015 at 02:33 AM.

We played 2 on 2 basketball race to 25. Scored 16 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    I outscored a 44-year-old Lindsey Hunter tonight, haha.

I wore down late though. Ran out of energy because I exerted a little extra on defense trying not to look like an idiot guarding Lindsey. Thankfully, he mostly seemed satisfied with setting himself up to pull from deep. Kept trying to get me with a cross, hoping to put me on my heels so he could get a clean look from deep. Just tried not to bite. He hit two anyway, both from a healthy distance.

I feel pretty stupid though. Scored eight of our first ten and wore down as the game wore on (we had six players). Finished with 15 after scoring 30 last week (hashtag shameless brag). We led by 10 at half and coughed it up :-\ They started hitting from deep - they also had a guy named Pierre Dukes who played for Oakland U. in the mid-2000's (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q2dc2UixlI). He was hitting. Good player.

They sat in a 2-3 zone and there were gaps - I just didn't make myself have the energy to go to those gaps with enough frequency, so kind of a regretful feel about things. Also missed a wide open layup that would have cut our deficit to two with a couple minutes left. Caught a 50 foot pass with my back to the basket, tried to turn and go up immediately and inexplicably lost control of the ball as I went up. Shoulda dunked it, didn't know if I could.

Definitely my worst game of the past three weeks. Lindsey also picked me up full court one possession. I eluded him with an in-and-out dribble and proceeded up the floor, pumped the brakes a little, and he back-tipped me, leading to a transition bucket the other way. Another stupid move on my part.

This last part belongs in the brag thread we had around here for a while. My last five games, points-wise: 35, 19, 30, 25, 15. Just upset to leave with such a bad taste in my mouth after tonight's performance.
    I bet he's still a pretty sick baller. There's a 30 year old baller at our gym who has played in the sweet 16 in college. I've never had the guts to guard him.

NBA Superstar

Lost to a team we should have beaten last night. I played pretty poorly. Felt out of sync all first half. Knew I wasn't giving my all but struggled to make myself exert the way I should have been. Picked it up in the second half but overdid it. Forced some shots at the hoop. Finished with 18, but it wasn't my favorite 18.

Also, late in the game I eluded a defender at the top of the key and it looked like they were going to concede my layup (wide open lane with them leading by seven). So I went to just drop it over the rim and a lanky feller came out of nowhere (literally never saw him) and destroyed my shot. Probably one of the worst blocks I've absorbed in my life. He and I had a good laugh about it afterward.

I bet he's still a pretty sick baller. There's a 30 year old baller at our gym who has played in the sweet 16 in college. I've never had the guts to guard him.
    Lindsey can still rain, and that is his overriding tendency these days. Watched part of his game after ours last night and even with his willingness to fire and drill from deep, the other team still managed to give him ample breathing room on almost every trip down. Questionable defensive strategy there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Lost to a team we should have beaten last night. I played pretty poorly. Felt out of sync all first half. Knew I wasn't giving my all but struggled to make myself exert the way I should have been. Picked it up in the second half but overdid it. Forced some shots at the hoop. Finished with 18, but it wasn't my favorite 18.

Also, late in the game I eluded a defender at the top of the key and it looked like they were going to concede my layup (wide open lane with them leading by seven). So I went to just drop it over the rim and a lanky feller came out of nowhere (literally never saw him) and destroyed my shot. Probably one of the worst blocks I've absorbed in my life. He and I had a good laugh about it afterward.

Lindsey can still rain, and that is his overriding tendency these days. Watched part of his game after ours last night and even with his willingness to fire and drill from deep, the other team still managed to give him ample breathing room on almost every trip down. Questionable defensive strategy there.
    My family friend used to see Meta World Peace ball alot in his early days before the NBA in Queensbridge. He said he was crazy good and had a crazy side to him back then too.

Lost in Championship of YMCA league.

In my other league though I had one of the hottest streaks I've ever been on. Blew an alley oop the first play of the game . Team we were playing brought their whole families, we actually had a pretty big crowd for a Y league game. One dude brought his little brother who was probably 18 or 19 and he brought 4 or 5 of his friends, they were sitting on the bench courtside. I hit 3 three's in a row in the final few minutes of the first half. I was showboating a little, you know doing the LeBron celebration. They were loving it. Open the second half hit another 2 in a row, 5 in a row total now. Im feeling it! Crowd starts getting louder after every three I hit, they know I'm on a roll. *the team I'm playing is a bunch of cool dudes, it's a competitive league but not ultimate shit talking assholes like some other teams (I'm a shit talker so I like that) but we cool with this team.* Now they start doubling when I cross half court. BANG 6 in a ROW! I swear I can't feel my face and anything right now. Other team scores, as I'm bringing the ball up, dudes lil bro and friends was like keep pulling!!. Im in another world. I pull up next possession from hella deep...BANGGG!!! 7 in a row. Next possession, I'm crossing half court... I get a pick at damn near half court, defender goes under, I'm like **** it! Pull up from like 4 or 5 feet inside halfcourt, it leaves my hand..I hear the ****ing crowd start to make noise...SWISH. Place went ****ing nuts, even refs were just shocked. I didn't move. I stared at it through and said **** defense and just stood there. I don't know what was going on in my head but it was euphoric. We lost the game but it was the best feeling in the world and is the reason I play ball. The RUSH that was going on inside me was indescribable. Can only imagine what it's like to be doing that on the big stage like some NBA stars. What a feeling.
    Last edited by TylerOO; 03-12-2015 at 04:31 PM.

Pretty decent

Thanks Brah. I'll just pm you when I visit New York.