Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 10-22-2009, 06:28 PM   #1
Chuck Thou NBA
That's Turr'ble

Chuck Thou NBA has decent reputationChuck Thou NBA has decent reputation
Default Phoenix Suns fans make some noise!! err... no??

Anybody excited about this season?
Any hopes of us actually winning a lot of games?

Alright guys, what can we look forward to and what should we expect this season and in the off season?

What direction are we going into?

Are we going to rebuild?
Steve Kerr likes defense, Steve Nash likes offense.
Im so confused right now!

Somebody give me the 101 on our situation!
Chuck Thou NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:48 PM   #2
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

DirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Phoenix Suns fans make some noise!! err... no??

I am excited for this season, I do think we'll win a lot of games but I don't think we're built for the playoffs.. I think of this team as some of the past teams where we are just out bullied on the boards when teams slow us down. Also with the Lakers looking tough and San Antonio (fnck them!) getting Richard Jeff... I don't see us going to the Conf Finals let alone the Finals.. I think we're on par with the Nugs. I don't think we're rebuilding or atleast I hope we're not.. I hope/think we're retooling.. hopefully we can make some roster improvements this year and this coming offseason and add some good pieces.. As for Steve Kerr it looks like he has seceded his stance on wanting to be more slow and play defense and rebound more.. I don't mean totally as I am sure he wants those things but is allowing this team to run more. I see us landing anywhere from 3-8 hopefully no lower.. realistically I think we fit in around the 4-6 spots.

Some moves I think we should do.. Trade Barbosa, whether it be for picks or players or expiring contracts whatever it may be.. I think his time has passed.. he's a helluva scorer but he's not gonna be the future PG of this team and he's too streaky and small to play SG.. Another move I'd make is to find another Marcus Camby or get Marcus Camby.. If you're gonna trade Amar'e get a proven commidity, I wouldn't chance it on the draft.. I'd say try and get Josh Smith from ATL, or some guys that might fit that mold from other teams.. Try and find another Louis Amundson, perferably a little bit better but basically a hustle guy who will just go and grab boards.. A big bodied guy who can run but will primarily be there for boards when either on the first squad along side Amar'e or when he's going with the second squad..

Who is our big man coach? if we don't have one we need one.. if we have one I say get a different one.. a former player who can teach Robin Lopez how to move his feet. I'd like to see our big men improve their post defense, they're obviously going to be tested a lot because our guards get burned quite a bit by other guards.. it's unfair to put it all on the bigs but it is what it is.. protect the paint.. and if Tony Parker comes into the lane and starts lighting us up for 30-50 pts.. put his ass on the floor, and let him heal the rest of the season.. same with Kobe, Artest, Duncan, Ginobli, Derron Williams etc... seriously though, make them fear the contact in our lane otherwise we're gonna get gashed as usual by these guys.
DirtBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:01 PM   #3
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

DirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

C'mon Maniak where's your opinion at??? Don't be bashful
DirtBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 12:33 PM   #4
DouXer4ouR
RunAndGunSuns

DouXer4ouR has decent reputation

I want to be a top 5 team in the Western Conference. I think we can make it there, I like our squad and now that we have the run-and-gun mentality again I like our chances.
DouXer4ouR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:07 PM   #5
NASH = BEST
On Campus Baby ; )

NASH = BEST has an OK reputation so far

Last I checked we still have Steve Nash, and that there my friend always gives us a chance to be a Top 5 team in the west. Now that Shaq is gone we can go back to being a fast pace team. Nash can go back to being Nash again!
NASH = BEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:37 PM   #6
DouXer4ouR
RunAndGunSuns

DouXer4ouR has decent reputation

Another good win tonight, Frye looks awesome, Nash looks like Nash, and Amare is going to have a hell of a year. Suns fans have a lot to look forward to. It's good to have basketball back.
DouXer4ouR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:10 AM   #7
nash4eva!gosuns
Back!

nash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Good to finally be back here.
Good to finally be able to look at the Suns without tearing my hair out.

Let's go Phoenix!
nash4eva!gosuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 06:51 AM   #8
WonkeyDonkey
live n die by the 3's.

WonkeyDonkey has an OK reputation so far

out of boredom, i watched the 04/05 suns highlights on youtube.
so much memories of the highflying suns came back. every night brings highlights of crazy alleyhoods, vicious dunks, killer three's and sick passes.
that suns team with nash, stat, marion, JJ and qrich was totally exciting and badass.
come to think about it, ever since the departure of marion and the injuries of stat, the suns no longer fly like they did before and is now basically a jumpshooting team that lives and dies by their shooting each night.
sure i enjoy it when they hit from long range and that their shooting % till today is good beyond expectations, but as a fan i would love to see the suns take flight again.
though i believe stat and jrich no longer jump as much due to injury concerns, but man it would be awesome if those 2 leap again

also, i would like to applaud nash, stat and LB for having been through so much ups and downs with this team . having played with so many different players - from matrix, JJ and qrich, to diaw and bell, to hill and shaq, to jrich and frye, they remain strong and are the heart and soul of this suns team. keep running, gunning and winning. i'm sure they will do well this year. GO SUNS!

Last edited by WonkeyDonkey : 11-10-2009 at 08:23 AM.
WonkeyDonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: