Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 03-27-2007, 08:17 AM   #1
TheOakman
I hit open layups

TheOakman has an OK reputation so far
Default Frustrating Division

Over the past few games I have watched closely the other teams we have been playing and the more I see the more disappointing I become in the Knicks.

Look at the Raptors, they have an established superstar in Bosch, someone you build a team around. They are in good cap shape and they are adding pieces to the puzzle. They are on the way up.

Orlando is almost there to. They have a great piece in Dwight Howard to build their team around (You want to know the difference between Howard and curry, last night Howard had 4 blocks (1 of which is questionable) and 3 steals, Curry had no blocks and no steals). Orlando is in great cap shape, so they can go out and get that big free agent, and they have young players building.

The Knicks on the other hand, have no chemistry, disgruntled veterans, we won't even talk about their cap situation. The point is at this point even if we start improving, I think its clear that the teams in our division are improving at a faster rate than us!!!
TheOakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:03 AM   #2
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Frustrating Division

An easy comparison.

Look at how easy Cury got double and triple teamed last night and there was no way that he could find somebody open. Mind you, he has two defenders more than what he should have. That means that two of your guys are WIDE OPEN. He doesn't have the basketball smarts to get the ball to one of them. Now, the Knicks try to double, or God forbid, TRIPLE team ANYBODY from the Orlando team and they'd see the double or triple team coming and before it could even happen they'd pass the ball out with no problem. Not a turnover, no complaints, no long face, nada. They would make the Knicks pay for that when they wanted with a three. Redick was shooting some pure three point shots. I mean I thought the nets would have been torn with how nice that ball was going in. A center who "supposedly" should have been an All Star that can't get out of a double team consisting of at least one shorter player than him is a center that has no skill with the ball. His posting up against Howard showed how inferior his skills are. He was getting more frustrated at himself than anything. That's why he was eating bench most of the night.

I see what you mean with that example I have portrayed. Not only against teams in our division, this happens with ANY team that they play. They just plain out suck. The other teams in our division our LIGHT YEARS way ahead of us in developing and bringing together a winning team. Possibly, a championship team. Curry is not our center for the future. Build around him and they will not make the playoffs until he leaves the team or retires.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:09 AM   #3
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far

In trying to motivate and develop Curry Isiah has forsaken his other players.

Frye's development has hit a wall, crashed and burned. Lee was developing nicely because Lee was doing it on his own.

It's not just having the coach work with you, it's running plays for you. It's having the team and yourself know what your place is and what is expected of you. You need defined roles.

By making Curry the first option and the person the ball goes through you limited your options because he is not ready skill wise to take on that responsibility.

It is embarrassing to see him get caught up like he does. It reminded me of what he went through at the beginning of the season against Yao.

Curry does not have a full skill set.

Does Zeke realize it now and that's why he signed Morris?

Before I would have made Curry the guy the offense revolves around he would have had to show me more than just a post up move and a layup and baby hook. Not to mention he tries layups with shot blockers around him when he should dunk, he's 6'11". A layup is good when you are alone at the basket, even guys like Nate can block a layup.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:44 AM   #4
TheOakman
I hit open layups

TheOakman has an OK reputation so far

I agree that Curry is not ready to be the center of the offense, but the Knicks are so bad they have no other choice.

Curry's basketball IQ is very low. He does not know how to read defenses, he never sees the double teams coming and he does not know how or where to pass out. Not to mention that he is a terrible passer, so that on the few occassions when he trys to find the open man, he cant get the ball to him.

I think they need to work alot with him on his ability to understand the game, although I am not sure at this point whether he is willing to take that next step, or even if he is able. He has the offensive moves he just needs to understand how the game flows. Plus he seems to miss an awful lot of layups and chippies.
TheOakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:38 PM   #5
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOakman
Plus he seems to miss an awful lot of layups and chippies.

That's the biggest problem a player can have. Not making this "gimme" shots. Most of them are wide open or he's the tallest guy going for that rebound put in. He's just bad. Not as bad as James, though.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: