Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 01-11-2011, 07:08 PM   #46
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Default Re: The obvious needs to be pointed out

All 3 of those things need to happen for us to get that much better.

I think Korver will find his shot. Shooters like him usually go into slumps, but don't stay in them for very long.

Watson has been productive playing alongside Rose in short spurts it just hasn't been consistent, but maybe if Thibs tries it a little more and gives them some more floor time together that can improve.

JJ needs to get a chance to be able to prove anything.

At this point i'm not even complaining about Bogans minutes I'm complaining about the fact that he gets playing time at all. I'd really like for him to replace JJ in the DNP column and give JJ his minutes. Give JJ a chance for a while. If he proves to be a liability (more so than Bogans) put JJ back on the bench and put Bogans back into the rotation backin up Brewer.

I'd like to see Thibs try this for a while:

Rose-Watson
Brewer-Korver-Bogans
Deng-Johnson
Boozer-Gibson
Thomas-Asik
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:15 PM   #47
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

Two things are certain, in any case:

1. The Bulls aren't making a move before the deadline. You can pretty much take that to the bank. There just isn't any palatable two-guard option out there.

2. This team might need the remainder of the regular season before it can be properly evaluated because we've seen Boozer and Noah together for so little time.
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:26 PM   #48
tamaraw08
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeeeeebro
THIBS is not playing the right rotation WITH bogans in starter. WTF why ........... everyone thinks if we win its cause of the coach? is that true look at lebrons ex coach fired already. dont say cause we are winning that thibs is a genious LOOK at what vinny did he beat us with the worse team in the league.. so worse team> our team? even for a day WTF thibs is playing a bad starter and he knows it...... WTF WTF WTF WTF the obvious is the obvious a great coach should know this AND IF YOU DONT AGREE THAN >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> YOU

Yup, thibs is stupid alright, They must fire the guy for losing to Vinny's bad Clippers. BTW, the coach of the Spurs, OKC, Denver etc should also be fired bec they also lost of the lowly Clips.
Hey, I have a better idea, trade Korver or Brewer for Mo Williams bec Mo is such a great pt shooter at 27.1%, better than Bogans, right?
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:51 PM   #49
tamaraw08
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame414
Also, this is becoming irrelevant, because Ronnie is averaging more and more minutes every month. He's playing 30 minutes a night the last five games and Bogans is down to 14 a night after averaging 21 a night the first month of the season.

So if you want Bogans pushed completely out of the rotation- and we all would as long as there's a viable option to do so- then you don't need to look at Ronnie Brewer because he's already getting the minutes you want him to get. (And hopefully proving me wrong about being effective playing closer to full-time minutes.) You need one of these three things:

1. Kyle Korver to get out of Thibs' doghouse, get his head out of his ass and made a damn shot once in awhile so he has some value, because he's always going to be a defensve liability.

2. C.J. Watson to stop being bad at basketball and be solid enough that you can play Derrick and C.J. together in a small-ball lineup for a few minutes a night.

3. James Johnson to finally become a legitimate NBA player.

The Brewer/Bogans question as far as minutes go has become a false dichotomy. Regardless of who starts, Brewer is playing the amount of minutes- and the important ones- that those calling for him to "replace" Bogans want him to play.

Until any of those three things happen, though, I still say the wing rotation makes sense the way it is. Especially with Brewer's minutes increasing anyway.
You and Drwax are having a great intelligent discussion here, great points guys, also ljsbb..
I don't know if you already mentioned it, but to me, Brewer looks awfully good coming off the bench, either against a tired starter or an inferior player of the opposing team. The energy he brings with the rest of the bench is very vital, those precised cuts from the baseline, the defense etc.
A team like New Orleans not only struggled last year bec of the injury of CP3, but also bec of their very weak bench.
Like somebody said, putting inferior starters is nothing new even Phil Jackson used the aging AC Green over Horry, or the late Chuck Daly's preference of Mahorn over Rodman.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:02 PM   #50
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Sometimes I absolutely despise off days.
Rumors, rumors, rumors. And guess what, because the Nets, Pistons, and Nuggets have a legit deal in negotiations, doesn't mean every other Bulls fan and journalist needs to make up absolute crap trade ideas, just to feel involved.
Sure, someone on a credible radio show talked about the Bulls talking to another team. The sources were off twitter, and someone who drinks box wine in school parking lots.

If it's not the obviously made-up rumors, it's all about blame. I blame Bogan's blah blah blah... (if you're still on the topic of Bogan's, welcome to the Bulls season, because you're about 2 months late.) Get over it!

Wait, you can buy all of this for only 3 easy payments. There's more! You can also enjoy the new "Blame Classic". This is when someone brings up an early game of the season to base current play. Remember opening night at Oklahoma? Oh boy, we sure have a lot more to talk about there. Not hardcore enough, well what about preseason when Brewer stunk up every minute of his play. Still not good enough? Lets base Deng's evaluation off last years performance! YES! That hits the spot. Only the real hardcore Bulls fans know to go right after Lou. Wait, but we can blame Lou somehow on Ben Gordon, and then we can blame Gordon on Skiles and then the front office. Oh yes, I went there. I blamed the front office. Blame Classic!

It's a damn broken record. If it's not on ISH, it's definitely on other Bulls forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
Yup, thibs is stupid alright, They must fire the guy for losing to Vinny's bad Clippers. BTW, the coach of the Spurs, OKC, Denver etc should also be fired bec they also lost of the lowly Clips.
Hey, I have a better idea, trade Korver or Brewer for Mo Williams bec Mo is such a great pt shooter at 27.1%, better than Bogans, right?

Don't feed the committed.

Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:47 AM   #51
shortlunatic
Knowledge Is Power

I think Brewer coming off the bench is perfect. I don't really like bogans as much as the next guy, especially at starter. But I'd rather have Bogans in the starting lineup than with the the bench. I don't feel like a second unit of Watson, Bogans and Korver would be very effective. Just look at the way bogans starts, he really doesn't bring much to the table. Having him come out with the second unit s laughable. We'd be giving all teams an advantage to either diminish any lead that's been established or put us down big early.

Brewer on the other hand is very "alive". He brings energy, hustle, and recently, a pretty mid range. Everything about him is a perfcet trait for a sixth man. And as someone pointed out earlier, as long as he's getting the minutes, it really shouldn't matter. If he's on the court for 30+ minutes, then that's great, and there's really nothing to complain about. Until we get another 2 guard, we just have to deal with bogans in the rotation.
shortlunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:53 AM   #52
tamaraw08
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortlunatic
I think Brewer coming off the bench is perfect. I don't really like bogans as much as the next guy, especially at starter. But I'd rather have Bogans in the starting lineup than with the the bench. I don't feel like a second unit of Watson, Bogans and Korver would be very effective. Just look at the way bogans starts, he really doesn't bring much to the table. Having him come out with the second unit s laughable. We'd be giving all teams an advantage to either diminish any lead that's been established or put us down big early.

Brewer on the other hand is very "alive". He brings energy, hustle, and recently, a pretty mid range. Everything about him is a perfcet trait for a sixth man. And as someone pointed out earlier, as long as he's getting the minutes, it really shouldn't matter. If he's on the court for 30+ minutes, then that's great, and there's really nothing to complain about. Until we get another 2 guard, we just have to deal with bogans in the rotation.
Good points Short, nice to know you are posting here again. Im really sorry about what is going on with your other team the Denver Nuggets....Denver is your other team right?
Old 01-22-2011, 11:06 AM   #53
DaBigReality
I usually hit open layups

Bogans is friggen trash. JJ should be getting most of his minutes. Heck, without JJ we have at least 2 more losses on our record. I sure as hell can't attribute any wins to Bogans.

JJ makes a lot of turnovers simply for the fact that he often tries to do too much because he's given so little time. He's also usually the only playmaker on the court when he finally comes in. He still has a rookie mentality in that aspect. Best way to deal with that is to...play him more and play him more with the starting unit.
DaBigReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:05 PM   #54
shortlunatic
Knowledge Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
Good points Short, nice to know you are posting here again. Im really sorry about what is going on with your other team the Denver Nuggets....Denver is your other team right?

lol, yea. Surprised you remembered. I've taken a HUGE break from this site, posting every once in a great while, but hopefully I can get back to it, I miss putting my ball thoughts in the threads.

But about the Nuggz, yes it is really quite sad. The whole situation has really tuned me against Melo, he's pretty much my next hated player right under LeBron. I just can't understand it. The team is NOT a terrible team, I still stand by previous statements saying it is very well constructed. I just can't stand the fact that Melo is following LBJs footsteps and taking the punk way out. The fans loved him, the players got along with him...I just cant admire such poor work ethic when it comes to leadership on a team. It's clear that Melo has the talents of a star, what he really needs to do is mature and assume his leadership role. Both Lawson and Afflalo are excellent young pieces to a team and I think both complement him really well. A little patience could take the team a long way. But whatever, he's made his decision, and unless he has a change of attitude, I can't ever see myself supporting him on any team. Go Nuggz.
shortlunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:36 PM   #55
KelticForce1349
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortlunatic
lol, yea. Surprised you remembered. I've taken a HUGE break from this site, posting every once in a great while, but hopefully I can get back to it, I miss putting my ball thoughts in the threads.

But about the Nuggz, yes it is really quite sad. The whole situation has really tuned me against Melo, he's pretty much my next hated player right under LeBron. I just can't understand it. The team is NOT a terrible team, I still stand by previous statements saying it is very well constructed. I just can't stand the fact that Melo is following LBJs footsteps and taking the punk way out. The fans loved him, the players got along with him...I just cant admire such poor work ethic when it comes to leadership on a team. It's clear that Melo has the talents of a star, what he really needs to do is mature and assume his leadership role. Both Lawson and Afflalo are excellent young pieces to a team and I think both complement him really well. A little patience could take the team a long way. But whatever, he's made his decision, and unless he has a change of attitude, I can't ever see myself supporting him on any team. Go Nuggz.

Hey bro! I am sorry to see all the turmoil with your Nuggz, but I am glad to see you posting with the Bulls. I hope you stick around with the guys in red and black.

KelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: