Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast

Default Re: Kobe Bryant: "Nobody has won more championships than me in my entire generation."

The agenda on Insidehoops from both sides here is f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]cking amazing.

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Kobe Bryant: "Nobody has won more championships than me in my entire generation."

Lol how the hell does this thread go to 12 pages? Unless you count Robert Horry in his generation what exactly has Kobe said that's untrue?

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot

Did you suffer from a coma from 2004-2008?
    How can the media protect such a bad team? It was Kobe and scraps at the time.

You gonna act like I didnt just answer all your questions and in the process handed your ass back?

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    This is too easy. Chris Paul and Lebron had the stats of high scoring and assisting players. This isnt true at all, Pierce in 2008, Billups in 2004, and Dumars in 1989 had average scoring outputs. You could also say Worthy and Johnson in 1987 and 1988, particularly worthy who had low assists and rebound totals.
    The Hornets and Cavs had fewer wins than the Lakers and yes it is true this comment references regular season MVPs not Finals MVPs.

I answered this above, Paul Pierce 2008, Billups 2004, Dumars 1989, Worthy 1988, technically you could leave out MAgic in 1987 for his high assists totals.
    Pierce, Worthy and Dumars were all leading scorers of the series. Just like Kobe. You are not very good at this.

The gap between Hamilton and Billups was 0.4 points. The gao between Kobe and Pau was 10.0-13.8.

Well the fact he has as many first all defensive team selections as GREAT defenders like Garnett, and Payton is a travesty. Further to that he has often been the second best on his OWN team, Artest was left out, while Kobe gets selected? go figure
    This doesn't answer the question. Is Kobe the only player in NBA history to get superstar bias votes in all defensive team selections? How did it just start and stop with him?

Jordan
    so 1 player in NBA history. That's definately a fair criticism then.

Well we are talking about a weak era and period of basketball. Only up until last year have we seen serious teams come to the fore. ie the heat and thunder and even the Celtics and Spurs who are still right up there. The depth this year is alot better, and I give more weight to who wins a championship this season. However the superteams are pretty stacked and do cast a shadow over the success and difficulty of winning the title.
    This isn't comprehensible English. Try again.

How can the media protect such a bad team? It was Kobe and scraps at the time.

You gonna act like I didnt just answer all your questions and in the process handed your ass back?
    Yeah man I wouldn't be surprised if Obama picks you up to prepare for the next debate. You are brilliant.

Yeah man I wouldn't be surprised if Obama picks you up to prepare for the next debate. You are brilliant.
    You concede defeat. Thanks, that's all I wanted to know You asked for facts and called me out, and I gave it to you. I don't see anything you have disagreed with in my response so I take it you have no counter argument.

why is this thread so long

-His only MVP was a gifted one, one that I think was more a longevity award , moreso than the year he had which is what the award is judged on(Chris Paul or Lebron had better credentials that year).
    -The finals MVP he was handed, when Gasol was clearly the best player in the series
    His overrated defense that has landed him all defensive team selections
    -Riding shaq to 3 championships as the second fiddle.
    -Most of his career he has had good to great players and teams around him that hidden his tendency to ball hog and chuck.
    -His last two titles was during a period of a weak western conference. Only Boston could be considered a team to be good or great or real competition for the title at that time.
    -ESPN and media has carried a fake image that Kobe is a great, based on how his game has similarity to the last money spinner named Jordan.

There's just a few, and Im sure there are more...
    He was considered the consensus best player on the planet and was on the best team in the western conference.
    Kobe was the best player for the entire series in the Finals in both years he won Finals MVP.
    He made some underserved defensive teams maybe, but in his prime he was a good defender, not overrated.
    That point doesn't make sense.
    In 2009-10, the 8th seed in the West won 50 games, pretty weak huh?
    So Kobe isn't great, great point...

"We're all surrounded by idiots"
    -Kobe Bryant
    Last edited by Deuce Bigalow; 10-03-2012 at 11:32 PM.

The Hornets and Cavs had fewer wins than the Lakers and yes it is true this comment references regular season MVPs not Finals MVPs.

Wrong.
    Link: http://espn.go.com/nba/history/awards/_/id/11

Pierce, Worthy and Dumars were all leading scorers of the series. Just like Kobe. You are not very good at this.

What, now your backtracking on what you originally said? About scoring and assisting outputs of MVP calibre players? Gasols scoring and rebounding outputs, was very similar if not better than these 3 or 4 examples I gave of previous FINALS MVPs

The gap between Hamilton and Billups was 0.4 points. The gao between Kobe and Pau was 10.0-13.8.
    So based on that, Kobe can shoot the ball so much that he reaches good points totals, yet Gasol who is more efficent and takes less shot is penalised from being finals MVP, because his stats weren't padded? OK. Let not mention Kobe did not have a remarkeable series or standout and Gasol did.

This doesn't answer the question. Is Kobe the only player in NBA history to get superstar bias votes in all defensive team selections? How did it just start and stop with him?

No he is not and wont be the last. When it comes to judging a person's accolades such as alldefensive team selections, it should be taken with a grain of salt. Most of these are laughable, when you consider the defensive players Kobe is stacked up against in the first team selections.

so 1 player in NBA history. That's definately a fair criticism then.

Well when you consider that Shaq is a top 10 player all time, and pointing out players who can score better than shaq and be as dominant as shaq are also centres, they simply would share the load. ie Wilt, Hakeem and Kareem.

This isn't comprehensible English. Try again.
    Its readable enough. Kobe's championship years have either been taking advantage of a weak few years, or riding Shaqs coattails.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    I know that but I'm speaking in the context of Kobe specifically. In what other ways do you define a generation in the NBA? Unless we just pick an arbitrary year to contradict Kobe's statement...
    Yeah I see what you are saying, it would hard to pick a year to cut of each end and make a definitive unbiased study of his statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    The agenda on Insidehoops from both sides here is f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]cking amazing.
    These people make it seem possible to write a thesis on one quote from Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    why is this thread so long
    My dude, I know you remember 2009 when Kobe's "The Knicks never had a marquee player" thread was like 40 pages, lol.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    He was considered the consensus best player on the planet and was on the best team in the western conference.
    Kobe was the best player for the entire series in the Finals in both years he won Finals MVP.
    He made some underserved defensive teams maybe, but in his prime he was a good defender, not overrated.
    That point doesn't make sense.
    In 2009-10, the 8th seed in the West won 50 games, pretty weak huh?
    So Kobe isn't great, great point...

"We're all surrounded by idiots"
    -Kobe Bryant
    Why are you even responding to this guy? I don't take anyone seriously who believes Pau Gasol deserved finals mvp or talks about the media suPposedly propping up Kobe. People like that just make up things in their mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    I know that but I'm speaking in the context of Kobe specifically. In what other ways do you define a generation in the NBA? Unless we just pick an arbitrary year to contradict Kobe's statement...
    I missed this question before and since I don't really want to debate anything else... I asked BlackVVaves and DatAsh a similar question and I got this:

http://insidehoops.com/forum/showpos...&postcount=108

Quote Originally Posted by DatAsh
    It's usually listed as 20-22 years, or somewhere in that ball-park.
    http://insidehoops.com/forum/showpos...&postcount=123

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    Yea, 25-30 years is typically the measuring stick in sociology. For NBA purposes, it's usually considered a smaller scale. I'd say, for instance, that the generation that Lebron is considered in begins with Amare's draft class, and ends with Bogut's draft class.

It's truly all subjective, but it makes sense when you sit and look at it. When we look at Durant's "generation," we automatically think of players like D-Rose, Aldridge, Bargnani, Westbrook, John Wall, Blake Griffin. And, just like Lebron's generation class, those players all fall within a 3-4 year window where they were drafted.

Idk, that's my perception at least.
    And my response was:

http://insidehoops.com/forum/showpos...&postcount=110

the term of years, roughly 30 among human beings, accepted as the average period between the birth of parents and the birth of their offspring.
    So give or take 20-25 years, perhaps ? It's subjective, like Vaves mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by RaininTwos
    These people make it seem possible to write a thesis on one quote from Kobe.
    Yeah, seriously. And it's not just Kobe either, I could see other stars like James, Howard, etc... get burned for this too on here.

Stuff is getting crazy in here.

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    Why are you even responding to this guy? I don't take anyone seriously who believes Pau Gasol deserved finals mvp or talks about the media suPposedly propping up Kobe. People like that just make up things in their mind.
    Do they? Or is it you don't want to hear or see anything negative against your favourite player?

Pau Gasol was considered by many to be the better player out of the two. I have seen some radical justifications of Kobe's performances and his no show in the big games, to the point where I wonder if any Kobe fan thinks at all rationally. There are a few of you, so Im not directing this at the knowledgeable Laker fans..

Very good NBA starter

Do they? Or is it you don't want to hear or see anything negative against your favourite player?

Pau Gasol was considered by many to be the better player out of the two. I have seen some radical justifications of Kobe's performances and his no show in the big games, to the point where I wonder if any Kobe fan thinks at all rationally. There are a few of you, so Im not directing this at the knowledgeable Laker fans..
    Really? Lol by many do you mean yourself and all your alternate accounts... Nobody outside of messageboards actually spouts this garbage. Pau played great but Kobe was the finals MVP. It was so bad that he was even getting finals MVP consideration even if the Lakers lost. Lol @ no show in big games. Lakers won cry me a river build a bridge and get over it

"rode shaq's coattails to 3 rings"
    "Pau was Finals MVP"
    "his accomplishments are undeserved"

Got to love what Kobe does to some of these people