Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Draft Lottery

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Default Re: Draft Lottery

I think if we packaged Monroe + #8 we could get a top 4 pick. As Monroe is a very highly skilled big man who has his best 10 years ahead of him.

Not sure teams would bite on Jennings or Smith + #8 though...

I'd like to score Exum if possible, Exum to Moose and Dre would be great. Also and Exum / KCP back court would be ELITE defensively in a couple of years.

If I am the new GM - I am not going into training camp with either Smith or Jennings - I would cut my losses and get rid of the Dumars era and start a fresh. Build around Moose and Dre and get the best deal available for jennings and Smith. We need a pass first point guard and shooters / defenders to increase our advantage in the paint...

This could shape up to be our most important off-season in a long time. The new GM has a huge chance to shape this franchise...

I wonder what draft picks we could get outright for Smith and then Jennings... Late lottery perhaps?

NBA lottery pick

The problem with trading Jennings is we would then need to replace him because we wouldn't have a starting PG. So if we can possibly draft one that's fine. I would think Smith would have teams interested in him. He's a good player that can defend multiple positions. I definitely wouldn't want to move Monroe just to move up in the draft.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Is there any PG in this upcoming draft outside of Exum / Smart that you would possibly trade Jennings to pick one up?.. Ennis, Shabazz?

Or if Exum or Smart were still there at #5 or #6 would you tie Jennings with #8 to move up to grab one?

PG - Stud* Smart / Exum
    SG - Role playing Defender / Shooter* (possibly KCP)
    SF - Role playing Defender / Shooter*
    PF - Stud* Monroe
    C - Franchise Player* Drummond

Sacrifice Jennings + Smith for this to happen = happy days

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    Is there any PG in this upcoming draft outside of Exum / Smart that you would possibly trade Jennings to pick one up?.. Ennis, Shabazz?

Or if Exum or Smart were still there at #5 or #6 would you tie Jennings with #8 to move up to grab one?

PG - Stud* Smart / Exum
    SG - Role playing Defender / Shooter* (possibly KCP)
    SF - Role playing Defender / Shooter*
    PF - Stud* Monroe
    C - Franchise Player* Drummond

Sacrifice Jennings + Smith for this to happen = happy days
    Yup, I would. Guards and wings are so important in the NBA now and that's where we're lacking at. I'm not sure a team would go for it. Outside of Exum and Smart I don't think taking a PG would help us out very much. Still, we need the ping pong balls to fall the right way for us.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Yup, I would. Guards and wings are so important in the NBA now and that's where we're lacking at. I'm not sure a team would go for it. Outside of Exum and Smart I don't think taking a PG would help us out very much. Still, we need the ping pong balls to fall the right way for us.
    +1. Couldn't say it any better.

I'm really missing Brandon Knight right now. hahahaha.

Good college starter

Pistons have been working out Jordan McRae. He's a 6'5 combo guard from the Volunteers. He's been described as the jack of all trades.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by idizzle
    Pistons have been working out Jordan McRae. He's a 6'5 combo guard from the Volunteers. He's been described as the jack of all trades.
    Do we really need to go out and get another combo guard, lol? I understand they may be looking at a Rodney Stuckey replacement but we've went after these guys like this before and it just usually doesn't work. He's too small to play SG, but probably not skilled enough to play PG.