Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-19-2019, 12:14 PM   #16
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Default Re: U.S. drone strike kills 30 pine nut farm workers in Afghanistan

This sort of thing is terrible and reprehensible. I understand our reliance on drones... it keeps our troops safe, it's relatively effective, and we can act quickly and decisively when threats are found and identified. However, we need to take a step back and acknowledge that were are consistently killing civilians and innocents. There needs to be far more public oversight and accountability. In this instance, if the reports hold up and these were indeed innocents, who loses their job? Who is tried and jailed? We're not talking civilians mixed with terrorists. We're talking just civilians.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 12:22 PM   #17
Patrick Chewing
VOTE BREXIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
Is this the message you'd send to the families of these people who have to live the rest of their lives knowing their father/uncle/son/daughter were killed due to "bad intel"?

"Our bad, but mistakes happen. You guys will be ok. Remember, we are here for your benefit! Remember that and don't hate us!".

At what point does America become the terrorist and the "terrorist groups" become people defending themselves?

America isn't the enemy to Afghans. It's the terrorist cells and it's the Taliban. If Afghanistan had a legitimate government and weren't overrun by terrorists, then we would not be getting involved. So the only one the Afghans have to blame is themselves. Hard truths my man.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 12:24 PM   #18
Bosnian Sajo
Bernie 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
America isn't the enemy to Afghans. It's the terrorist cells and it's the Taliban. If Afghanistan had a legitimate government and weren't overrun by terrorists, then we would not be getting involved. So the only one the Afghans have to blame is themselves. Hard truths my man.

Patrick...you don't even believe that.

Look at the POV of the family and friends of the 30 people that died and 40 that got injured, the Taliban didn't send out this drone to harm their loved ones. Who do they hold this against?

I'm not playing your game, find someone else to play with.
Bosnian Sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 12:25 PM   #19
Patrick Chewing
VOTE BREXIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan

I refuse to believe you're a Catholic...killing is wrong and it's a mortal sin, especially when innocent people are involved.

Be gone demon! Into the depths of hell may you rot!

The hell are you talking about? All I said was that mistakes happen. Nowhere did I say or imply that killing innocent civilians is warranted or celebrated. You're insinuating that this was a deliberate attack.
Old 09-19-2019, 12:26 PM   #20
Bosnian Sajo
Bernie 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
You're insinuating that this was a deliberate attack.

...It was exactly that. What, you wanna argue that the drone acted in self defense??
Old 09-19-2019, 12:29 PM   #21
Patrick Chewing
VOTE BREXIT

Quote:
Patrick...you don't even believe that.

Look at the POV of the family and friends of the 30 people that died and 40 that got injured, the Taliban didn't send out this drone to harm their loved ones. Who do they hold this against?

I'm not playing your game, find someone else to play with.

Don't believe what? That the Taliban is the true enemy to Afghans? That's irrefutable. So what part of what I said is untrue and I shouldn't believe?

Yes, what happened was tragic. No one is denying this. But I'm not going to burn the world down because of it, when everyone knows full well that the bigger threat to Afghanistan is the terrorists that run that country and that recruit with or without American drones dropping a bomb on the wrong target.
Old 09-19-2019, 12:31 PM   #22
Patrick Chewing
VOTE BREXIT

Quote:
...It was exactly that. What, you wanna argue that the drone acted in self defense??

A deliberate attack on innocent civilians, genius. The order wasn't to kill innocent people. Come on man, you're smarter than this.
Old 09-19-2019, 12:39 PM   #23
Patrick Chewing
VOTE BREXIT

Quote:

The question these people should be asking is why has the US been dropping bombs from drones in the first place. Not who dropped this bomb on us this time around.

You're making Afghans out to be simple goat-herders incapable of seeing the big picture of why other countries intervene in the first place. If the United States isn't dropping bombs on terrorists, then who will?
Old 09-19-2019, 01:03 PM   #24
sammichoffate
Land o' Lakes

Do we really need to keep spending billions and trillions of tax dollars to kill random targets for the next decade instead of taking care of the country's domestic issues Chewing? Actual question, food for thought.
sammichoffate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 01:11 PM   #25
Patrick Chewing
VOTE BREXIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammichoffate
Do we really need to keep spending billions and trillions of tax dollars to kill random targets for the next decade instead of taking care of the country's domestic issues Chewing? Actual question, food for thought.

Drone strikes are a lot cheaper than putting boots on the ground, but I'm with you. We're going to need the money to feed all these hungry mouths that keep crossing the border on a daily basis.
Old 09-19-2019, 01:20 PM   #26
stalkerforlife
Free the banned users.

OP enjoys American freedom and opportunity and won't surrender either, but he has the audacity to criticize why he lives the way he does.

Pathetic.
stalkerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 01:28 PM   #27
Bosnian Sajo
Bernie 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
OP enjoys American freedom and opportunity and won't surrender either, but he has the audacity to criticize why he lives the way he does.

Pathetic.

I'm struggling to understand what exactly you are trying to say here. We have freedom and opportunity because the military is overseas killing civilians? Is that your argument?
Old 09-19-2019, 01:34 PM   #28
rufuspaul
Alpha Tarheel

Quote:
Do you see anything about Trump or Obama in the OP? Idgaf who the president is.

Oh really? Where was all your outrage when this sort of thing was happening over and over during the Obama years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facepalm
He's pre-conditioned to defend, obfuscate, and deny anything and everything Trump related. Even if we aren't talking about him. Trumpettes can't help themselves.

Oh shut up and go and change your armor Kevin.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 01:41 PM   #29
Patrick Chewing
VOTE BREXIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Oh really? Where was all your outrage when this sort of thing was happening over and over during the Obama years?

Well, to his defense, he was avoiding being labeled a racist by criticizing a Black person.
Old 09-19-2019, 01:43 PM   #30
Bosnian Sajo
Bernie 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul

Do you know of an efficient way to search through ISH to find posts? Because I've been going on about this bs since 9er was here back in 2013.

Me, J$, imdaman, red1 and more have always talked about the injustice of Muslims...it's always been the same group to argue against it, the 9ers...pat chewing..tomtucker...welcome to that illustrious group, rufus.

Again dude...idgaf about your lord and savior Trump, I haven't mentioned him once in this thread other than in replies to you. Politely **** off if that's all you wanna talk about.

FYI, I'm on record saying Obama is probably one of the worst presidents due to this very issue, killing civilians and non combatants. It's EXACTLY why I didn't vote for Hillary, either.

You Trump guys are obsessed, I don't wanna talk about him.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: