Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: RIP Rep System

Default Re: RIP Rep System

So actually there are people who give a damn about the rep system... wow.

Quote Originally Posted by artificial
    So actually there are people who give a damn about the rep system... wow.
    not really, I've never asked for rep in my life. I'm complaining for 2 reasons:

1. It's annoying that ISH can never be mature enough to handle ANYTHING. Jeff gave us the rep system back when the board first started, people couldn't handle it so we lost it. He brings it back and people are begging for rep, making deals to get rep, and then this whole laker thing. Any time Jeff tries to give the board anything cool that almost ANY other board online can handle, the ISHiots ruin it.

2. New guys coming in will see that and it just gives them the wrong idea about things around here

I dont think rep should matter here. Maybe new members will look at judge at first based on rep but if you are a legit poster, then it will show. I think the whole rep thing is retarded and its just a popularity contest. I will give them out only when the post is really good and deserving.

McCants is Available!!

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low

1. It's annoying that ISH can never be mature enough to handle ANYTHING. Jeff gave us the rep system back when the board first started, people couldn't handle it so we lost it. He brings it back and people are begging for rep, making deals to get rep, and then this whole laker thing. Any time Jeff tries to give the board anything cool that almost ANY other board online can handle, the ISHiots ruin it.

2. New guys coming in will see that and it just gives them the wrong idea about things around here
    The rep system is cool???

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low

We need negative rep back so that we can negative rep everyone starting threads trying to rep whore.

McCants is Available!!

Wait...Who the hell repped me saying Lebron for prez?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
    The rep system is cool???
    lol shut up you know what i mean...just anything new/different

Wait...Who the hell repped me saying Lebron for prez?
    That was me. :)

McCants is Available!!

But seriously though I don't even get the point in having a rep system. I knew the day Jeff brought it back that it would be abused.

Its sad that a simple add-on to the site has gotten this out of control. People are treating this like they first got a MySpace. Remember those people who bugged the **** out of you to leave them comments on their profile and their pictures? The guys who posted bulletins bargaining deals to swap comments? Yeah, that's what the rep system here has become.

But seriously though I don't even get the point in having a rep system. I knew the day Jeff brought it back that it would be abused.
    Its to acknowledge posters when they have something good to say. I do that instead of posting in a thread, because me posting that in a thread wouldnt add much to the convo. Of course people are gonna abuse it but you cant do anything about it. Lets just be thankful that Jeff decided to give us ONE feature that almost every other board has.

McCants is Available!!

We need Polls!

-primetime-
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

We need Polls!
    I'll give you a pole....

We need Polls!
    people would delete cookies and vote over and over and over for their answer and even the polls would lose all credibility.

2007 ISH All-Star voting. There was a poll site voting for poster all-stars, just a fun little thing (yes VC did set it up lol) but people couldn't handle that and some guys a way to vote for themselves and random people like 1,000 times a day which ruined the whole thing

ISH, Can't, Handle, ANYTHING

McCants is Available!!

Quote Originally Posted by -primetime-
    I'll give you a pole....
    f@ggot [COLOR="White"]j/k[/COLOR]