Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Playoff Analysis: Who is the King of the Playoffs? Kobe | Lebron | Wade?

at "SRS"

Simple Rating System; my colleague Doug Drinen of Pro-Football-Reference.com has written a great explanation of this method.

Wow dude, your analysis is clearly one hundred percent spot on!

Default Re: Playoff Analysis: Who is the King of the Playoffs? Kobe | Lebron | Wade?

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxballer
    yo does anyone know a mod at realgm? I used to be itsmillertime. they perma-banned my IP address and i cant view the forums anymore. all i did was post a story about beastality. please get me unbanned from at least reading the damn forums
    Uhh just reset your ip or call your isp to do it.

Local High School Star

I wonder if ESPN will ever write an article about the LeBron playoff performance myth.

NBA rookie of the year ashbelly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxballer
    yo does anyone know a mod at realgm? I used to be itsmillertime. they perma-banned my IP address and i cant view the forums anymore. all i did was post a story about beastality. please get me unbanned from at least reading the damn forums
    and you think thats cool or something ??

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 8BeastlyXOIAD
    But really Lebron stats would be much different if he played in the Western Conference. The Teams Lebron lost to which were 50+ win team were all defensive minded.

I believe the Team Bron lost too were Detroit, Boston and Orlando? Am I correct.

Kobe himself didn't put up amazing stats against Both the Celtics and Pistons during those years in the regular season.
    This is why many different statistics were used to come to the conclusion.
    Did you look at the defensive rating stats and the SRS, they all show us that Lebron still regress in the post season while Wade and Kobe excel.

voice of reason

Quote Originally Posted by 8BeastlyXOIAD
    But really Lebron stats would be much different if he played in the Western Conference. The Teams Lebron lost to which were 50+ win team were all defensive minded.

I believe the Team Bron lost too were Detroit, Boston and Orlando? Am I correct.

Kobe himself didn't put up amazing stats against Both the Celtics and Pistons during those years in the regular season.
    Yea except he iced Boston and Orlando in the finals .

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by az00m
    Uhh just reset your ip or call your isp to do it.
    i dont want to do all that ****ing work. all i did was post a humorous story and i get perma IP banned from reading the forum. why couldnt they just ban me from making accounts? ****ing racists

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by catch24
    at "SRS"

Simple Rating System; my colleague Doug Drinen of Pro-Football-Reference.com has written a great explanation of this method.

Wow dude, your analysis is clearly one hundred percent spot on!
    Actually I'm not the one who suggested using that statistic.
    It was suggested by the guy who wrote the famous blog post outlining Kobe's playoff misses.

He wasn't expecting Kobe would come up on top though.

Anyway here is an explanation of it: http://www.basketball-reference.com/blog/?p=39

It is pretty dead on accurate.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi
    I wonder if ESPN will ever write an article about the LeBron playoff performance myth.
    Because it doesn't align with the agenda they are trying to accomplish.
    I bet some of them at one point tried but when they saw the results, they feared greatly and destroyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk Hogan
    Actually I'm not the one who suggested using that statistic.
    It was suggested by the guy who wrote the famous blog post outlining Kobe's playoff misses.

He wasn't expecting Kobe would come up on top though.

Anyway here is an explanation of it: http://www.basketball-reference.com/blog/?p=39

It is pretty dead on accurate.
    I like how you clowns disregard using advanced stats like PER, Per40, etc, because they're made by "fat and white bald men" yet have the gull to post this crap like its supposed to mean anything. I've already read the explanation and fully understand how the statistic works - it's dumb, flawed, and made by a guy who follows the NFL .

Quote Originally Posted by ashbelly
    and you think thats cool or something ??
    What the heck is that? Rofl lmao

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by catch24
    I like how you clowns disregard using advanced stats like PER, Per40, etc, because they're made by "fat and white bald men" yet have the gull to post this crap like its supposed to mean anything. I've already read the explanation and fully understand how the statistic works - it's dumb, flawed, and made by a guy who follows the NFL .
    How is it flawed when it is accurate? Do you mind elaborating on its faults? You can't just make an assertion and expect people to take it on without factual concrete evidence proving it to be true.

Again, not only SRS was used but two other statistics pointing to the same conclusion. I don't even know why you mad, your boy Wade is doing good.

Lastly, it wasn't a Kobe fan that suggested using that statistics but a known kobe hater. Again he did not expect Kobe to come up on top and just like you he was very upset with the outcome.

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Kobe and LeBron's playoff numbers against Top 5 defensive teams from 05-06 onwards.

KB8(30 games): 28.5/5.8/4.6/45%
    LBJ(30 games): 28.4/7.9/7.0/42%

^ The only numbers that matter.

I rule the local playground

Well, I read the thread title/saw who was posting it and instantly knew what the conclusion was going to be(Kobe's the best). I wasn't wrong, but I must say for once you actually put up a somewhat fair and logical argument. Good Job

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Poochymama
    Well, I read the thread title/saw who was posting it and instantly knew what the conclusion was going to be(Kobe's the best). I wasn't wrong, but I must say for once you actually put up a somewhat fair and logical argument. Good Job
    Nearly 60% of Kobe's playoff series' the last 5 years have come against Phx/Utah/Denver. Every freaking perimeter star dreams about facing those teams while in bed every night. As the numbers I posted above clearly indicate, against top-level defensive teams, LeBron and Kobe's production is close to a wash. And this is a 21-25 year old LeBron vs. 27-31 year old Kobe.