Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Larry Bird Post Moves (13:18 Minutes)

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    lol @ the exaggerations.

He was 6' 9'' and 210 llbs was his playing weight.

The reason why Bird's moves were so basic because it was just that. Bad defense but he was a good shooter so I expect him to make it.

Don't let rough play make you think it's good defense because it's not.
    No he was measured at 6'9'' without shoes, and 220 lbs when he first entered the league.

If Rodman, Salley, Pippen, Jordan, Bobby Jones, Cooper, Grant, Pressey, McCray, Roundfield, Nance, Erving... Are bad defenders, I don't know what's good.

But whatever I'll stop feeding the troll.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by selrahc
    Larry Bird was great in the post, yes. But I think that Kobe has proven to be the best post player of all time.

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Kobe Greatest Post Player Ever?

Has He Even Gotten Close to 50% FG for a Season?

There Have Been Plenty Of Players With Better Post Game than Bryants and One of Them Is Larry Bird.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by selrahc
    Larry Bird was great in the post, yes. But I think that Kobe has proven to be the best post player of all time.

WTF are you smoking? Kobe IS the best post player ever....

[COLOR="White"]...compared to Lebron.[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe
    WTF are you smoking? Kobe IS the best post player ever....

[COLOR="White"]...compared to Lebron.[/COLOR]
    Lebron has Gotten Much Better At This BTW. Last Year He Prooved It but He Is Still Not in the Level of Bird, Dantley, King, Magic, Barkley, McHale, Kareem, Wilt, Shaq, Jordan and Many Others

Quote Originally Posted by Round Mound
    Lebron has Gotten Much Better At This BTW. Last Year He Prooved It but He Is Still Not in the Level of Bird, Dantley, King, Magic, Barkley, McHale, Kareem, Wilt, Shaq, Jordan and Many Others

Dantley is probably the best SF after Bird in the post ever, only reason I put Bird above is because of passing from there though, because Bird had all the versatility (also effective though) but Dantley was so effective it was crazy, beast down there, could get a shot off surrounded from everywhere.

Then you got dudes like King, Aguirre and so on.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SHAQisGOAT
    Dantley is probably the best SF after Bird in the post ever, only reason I put Bird above is because of passing from there though, because Bird had all the versatility (also effective though) but Dantley was so effective it was crazy, beast down there, could get a shot off surrounded from everywhere.

Then you got dudes like King, Aguirre and so on.
    Rick Barry, Havlicek, Worthy, Dr. J, Dominique, Scottie Pippen, LeBron James all have an argument for being ahead of Dantley. Not knocking AD either, that is some rare company right there.

Sir Charles gets called a power forward but he was so bizarre you could throw him in that as well.
    I just don't think it's so clean cut as just sayin AD is the best after Bird.

Listen People...Bird Was Better than Dantley as a Player Clearly because he Could Create, Pass, Rebound and Defend...He Had a Better All Around Game but Dantley Was The Master in the Post Among SFs in The History of the NBA: He was a Much Better Post Player and Scorer than Bird. Had Dantley Played in Great Teams in the 80s In HIS PRIME (20s-about 30) he Might Have Gotten a Ring. It Took the Idiots in the HOF to Finally Locate him In There After Years. What a Waste.

Lebron has Imrprooved his Post Game But He Aint in the Level of Them, Yet. Bryant is Closer in Those Terms.

Regarding Barkley...he Played SF from 1989-1991. The Rest of his Career He Played PF. Barkley Was The Most Difficult Forward To Guard in NBA History. His 2-Point FG is Only Rivaled as a Focal Scorer by Shaq
    Last edited by Round Mound; 11-15-2012 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
    Rick Barry, Havlicek, Worthy, Dr. J, Dominique, Scottie Pippen, LeBron James all have an argument for being ahead of Dantley. Not knocking AD either, that is some rare company right there.

Sir Charles gets called a power forward but he was so bizarre you could throw him in that as well.
    I just don't think it's so clean cut as just sayin AD is the best after Bird.
    As players they're all ahead of Dantley.

As far as scorinng the post? No they don't, not even close. Ever watch the man play at least? He was a complete beast in the post, draw fouls easily, could get his shot off in a forest, numerous post moves and so on. Plus his numbers also speak for themselfs.

Know who's 3rd on the highest FG% while scoring 30 or more points in a season? Dantley with 30.3 PPG, .570 FG%. He's also 5th and 6th on the list, other guys on the list are Kareem, Karl, McAdoo, Wilt and Jordan.

Great post scoring SF's like King, Worthy, Aguirre, Julius, 'Nique and a couple more come after. Then the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Round Mound
    [B]Listen People...Bird Was Better than Dantley as a Player Clearly because he Could Create, Pass, Rebound and Defend...He Had a Better All Around Game but Dantley Was The Master in the Post Among SFs in The History of the NBA: He was a Much Better Post Player and Scorer than Bird. Had Dantley Played in Great Teams in the 80s In HIS PRIME (20s-about 30) he Might Have Gotten a Ring. It Took the Idiots in the HOF to finally But him there Years. What a Waste.

Yea, Bird was better in probably every category than AD, except for scoring (post scoring the most) and drawing fouls.
    Bird was really versatile in the post, could do eveything at good rate there, also great passer from there but AD was the master in post scoring as far as SF's, such a beast.

Serious playground baller

Dominique Wilkins got his ankles broke @ 3:29

High School Starter mentallooser's Avatar

That move at like 1:38 while double teamed was crazy. His technique is just ridiculous.

High School Starter mentallooser's Avatar

His ability to go to his left and finish with either hand really amazes me.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SHAQisGOAT
    As players they're all ahead of Dantley.

As far as scorinng the post? No they don't, not even close. Ever watch the man play at least? He was a complete beast in the post, draw fouls easily, could get his shot off in a forest, numerous post moves and so on. Plus his numbers also speak for themselfs.

Know who's 3rd on the highest FG% while scoring 30 or more points in a season? Dantley with 30.3 PPG, .570 FG%. He's also 5th and 6th on the list, other guys on the list are Kareem, Karl, McAdoo, Wilt and Jordan.

Great post scoring SF's like King, Worthy, Aguirre, Julius, 'Nique and a couple more come after. Then the rest.
    OH - I do see what you mean there. I was thinking all-round which of course is right out of context.

Huh. AD.... I will have to check out some footage again, been a long time.

As far as seeing him? Gosh yes. Many times. I remember him well at Notre Dame, his college career was just incredible and the battles with UCLA....

Then of course he landed on the old Buffalo Braves and what a shambles that was, McAdoo at his MVP level right around then and here was another force showed up from college ranks in the young Dantley... but yet that team basically folded (?don't remember a lot about how that all went down really) and turned into the Clippers.
    I remember some announcers back then it was kind of a theme they used, AD was "a basketball waif", going from team to team, great player but never found a home.

Yes I need to find old footage of Adrian's game.... great player he was, thank you for reminding me