Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 07-16-2008, 03:47 PM   #1
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Golden State Trade

Why on earth would we? Biedrins I can see a little bit. He is a center and we need one. He could come in and start, but he still only put up 10 and 10 last year and that was his best season. Billups is better than that. Why does the Detroit Free Press want us to trade Billups for Harrington so bad? That would be a terrible trade. I like Harrington. The problem is we have 4 or 5 players just like him. We don't need another, especially for Billups. At least Biedrins is young and has potential yet. He could be a 17 and 10 type of guy. He's only 22 and has a ways to go. He's a legit 6'11" so him next to Sheed would be a lot of length. I could live with it but I just think we could do better at this point. If we trade Chauncey for Harrington I'm not watching any games next season.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 05:04 PM   #2
shaoyut
National High School Star

shaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Golden State Trade

i dont like any of the piston trades
shaoyut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 01:54 PM   #3
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

Out of all these trade rumors, the Billups for Biedrins was the most intriguing and would greatly benefit this team in adding some much need support in the front court.

Now any deal regarding Al Harrington, that is absolute garbage. Golden State is trying everything to move him and I would rather not sacrifice anything to take on their problem. Harrington offers very little for the price we would have to pay. If Pistons were to trade for lackluster Harrington, they may as well bring back teal jerseys.
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 02:08 PM   #4
20 Dimes A Game
HeartHustleHope

20 Dimes A Game has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Why on earth would we? Biedrins I can see a little bit. He is a center and we need one. He could come in and start, but he still only put up 10 and 10 last year and that was his best season. Billups is better than that. Why does the Detroit Free Press want us to trade Billups for Harrington so bad? That would be a terrible trade. I like Harrington. The problem is we have 4 or 5 players just like him. We don't need another, especially for Billups. At least Biedrins is young and has potential yet. He could be a 17 and 10 type of guy. He's only 22 and has a ways to go. He's a legit 6'11" so him next to Sheed would be a lot of length. I could live with it but I just think we could do better at this point. If we trade Chauncey for Harrington I'm not watching any games next season.

That's all we need. A Center who plays inside and rebounds.
20 Dimes A Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 04:35 PM   #5
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Are you saying you would rather have Bierdins than Chauncey? I think Krstic is a better talent than him and he could be had for the MLE. Bierdins could have a lot of upside though, he's still young.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:58 PM   #6
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

i would yell for joy if we traded chauncey for biedrins

krstic is in no way a better talent. biedrins is a beast.

i'm of the oppinion that simply allowing stuckey to start would really help this team. if we got back a young center who can run the floor and block shots like a madman... we will be set for a long time in the froncourt.

Last edited by final.wrath : 07-17-2008 at 05:00 PM.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 05:13 PM   #7
dd24
College superstar

I agree about Stuckey. As much as I love seeing Billups on the Pistons, I think it's just about came to an end.
Old 07-17-2008, 05:36 PM   #8
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

and bringing in biedrins would give us a great core for the future. the guy is underrated.

his FG% tells you he can be a force on both ends, not just the defensive end that hes known for.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 05:24 PM   #9
dd24
College superstar

Looks like Chauncey won't be headed to GS. They made a trade with NJ for Marcus Williams.
Old 07-22-2008, 06:23 PM   #10
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
if we got back a young center who can run the floor and block shots like a madman... we will be set for a long time in the froncourt.
if thats all you need, you got samb waiting in the wings. look at his blk average per game played
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: