Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 07-15-2010, 01:10 AM   #1
acidbasesalt
Coward Saviour

acidbasesalt has decent reputationacidbasesalt has decent reputation
Default MJ having lockout on mind?

The deeper I meditate on Chandler trade the more I become confused.

We gave up a former 1st round pick and our perhaps ex starting center, for Carroll and Najera, both who are no more than costly bench heaters. Dampier's not going to play for us almost guaranteed.

So is MJ expecting a lockout or some sort next season?

Analysts at ESPN are very alert at the current spending habit of NBA executives lately. They conclude that lockout is likely inevitable unless the team owners can magically create revenues.

So I guess MJ traded for Dampier because he's trying to save money on perhaps a no game season?
acidbasesalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:46 AM   #2
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: MJ having lockout on mind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidbasesalt
The deeper I meditate on Chandler trade the more I become confused.

We gave up a former 1st round pick and our perhaps ex starting center, for Carroll and Najera, both who are no more than costly bench heaters. Dampier's not going to play for us almost guaranteed.

So is MJ expecting a lockout or some sort next season?

Analysts at ESPN are very alert at the current spending habit of NBA executives lately. They conclude that lockout is likely inevitable unless the team owners can magically create revenues.

So I guess MJ traded for Dampier because he's trying to save money on perhaps a no game season?

Interesting. Maybe he's been talking to Jerry Richardson because he seems to be doing the same thing with the Panthers. I can't believe that we could go all of 2011 with no NFL or NBA.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:08 AM   #3
Laxlen
I brick open layups

Laxlen has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Interesting. Maybe he's been talking to Jerry Richardson because he seems to be doing the same thing with the Panthers. I can't believe that we could go all of 2011 with no NFL or NBA.

This thought has Gary Bettman and all of the NHL doing the following dance

Laxlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:16 PM   #4
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxlen
This thought has Gary Bettman and all of the NHL doing the following dance

rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 03:02 PM   #5
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Interesting. I can't believe that we could go all of 2011 with no NFL or NBA.

Unimaginable. I'm panicked just thinking about that possibility.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: