Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 09-14-2006, 11:09 PM   #1
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Zeke will make the knicks better.....

I know I will probably get roasted for making this thread. But as you guys have checked my post I get roasted alot anyway so here i go. I may be the only Knicks fan in NY who think Zeke is going to give us fans some GOOD Basketball to watch this year. here are my reasons why....

1) He has the players trust already...while LB wanted damn near the whole team traded, Zeke refused to get into the player coach squabbles. Although most people think that move was weak of him, deep down he knew he would have to deal with this team on a closer level, Now he has to.

2) He wants his players to have a more uptempo style. His players want to play that way too. Especially Marbury.

3)Zeke's #1 fan is running the offense. Marbury WILL play at the level he believes he is at. Personally I think Steve Nash IS the best PG in the league but Marbury will have a Nash-type season. Expect about 20 point 10 assists 2 steals 5 rebounds. Marbury is goona play his ass off for his idol and for once in his career he will make a team BETTER.
4)Zeke's idea of putting Francis in the line-up is gonna help ressurect both of his guards careers. Francis will be "The Franchise" of old. He won't have to score as much but he will be able to amass about 16pts,7assist,4 rebs and a steal himself. Contrary to what alot of people think, I don't believe by starting Francis with marbury, Zeke is trying to showcase for a trade of some sort. I believe if these two guys play well together they will NOT be traded no matter who comes available (even K.G., lets the bashing begin!).
5)While I hope that Curry comes to camp in shape, I think since Zeke since has his job on the line he will settle quick on a set rotation. I can see Frye at center, Jeffries at p-forward, Jalen at small-f. While it won't be the most imtimdating on defense, I love the tall, lanky athletic mix. It give Frye that chance to be free and aggressive at either center or pf, therefore being able to score at will on most slower centers and take most pf on the perimeter to knock down the J. 19 point, 7 boards should do the trick there. Jeffries is an excellent help and one-on-one defender who can score on putbacks. 10 points and 6 boards would be all he would have to do statwise. Jalen can still hoop no matter what people think!
6)the bench will get alot of cohesion through practice. Their purpose which consist of Crawford, robinson, lee, balkman, q-rich, Jalen or Curry (if curry starts) will be to provide a jolt of offense and scramble up defenses with a young potentially tenacious group. We should be able to get 20 off the bench alone from Crwaford but all together i believe we will have the high scoring Bench in the league. Almost 30-40 point right off the bench!!! (It could be true)
7) With our new wide open style complete with our athleticism and these new offense related NBA rules we should be able to amass anywhere between 41 wins minimum to an absolute peak of 47-52(YEAH REALLY 52).

We are squaded up Knicks Fans.........LETS GO KNICKS!!!!!!
So holla back and let me know what you guys think.

P.S. By the way I've been kicking it in the Bulls forum lately bashing on them Chicago fans. Check out my post in there as to WHY THE BULLS WILL NOT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!! It was built to piss them off since ain't really nothing going on NBA related, so check it out

Holla!!!!!

Last edited by knickscity : 09-14-2006 at 11:15 PM.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 10:38 AM   #2
DinoMite!
Can barely lace up my sneakers

DinoMite! has an OK reputation so far

You're an Idiot! 52 wins! why didn't you just right that they will win the championship, Marbury will be MVP, Crawford Sixth Man, Coach of the year, Francis will be Most Improved, and Jefferies Defensive player of the year...

The knicks will definately be better than last year, but not that good...be realistic...

MORONS!
DinoMite! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 02:42 PM   #3
Underdog
Kids at the park dunk on me

Underdog has an OK reputation so far

like I mentioned before in another thread...

consistent starting lineup.

nuff said
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 06:35 PM   #4
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

oldknickfan has decent reputation

Many of the points you made were good.

However,

1. I don't think 52 wins is realistic. 33-41 is more probable.

2. Frye will play the starting PF and Curry will start at Center.

3. I hope that Francis and Marbury will play great

4. I don't see Francis as the permanent SG.

5. I hope the Knicks can trade SF for KG.

6. And bashing other team's fans is not worthy of Knick fans! Let's try to be above that.
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 09:37 PM   #5
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You have fan rivalry anytime of the year especially now since NOTHING is going on. Now as the season starts and progresses then we can talk facts. Right now we just b.s. ing around and everyone knows that
Old 09-15-2006, 10:46 PM   #6
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far
Thumbs down

Oh be quiet knickscity you make me sick.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 10:59 PM   #7
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far
Thumbs down

You think you're really funny by posting crap in the Bulls forum. Get a life Knickscity. I hope the Knicks get sold to some ridiculous Canadian Company. Then you can make friends with the Raptors and be the two worst teams in the NBA. So you better shut your pile hole soon. Bozo. Let me guess are you the Knicks mascot. I hope Benny the Bull lays the smack down on all of you. Knicks suck, Bulls rule. What do you think about that. I guess you really feel stupid now.

Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 09:25 PM   #8
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Style
You think you're really funny by posting crap in the Bulls forum. Get a life Knickscity. I hope the Knicks get sold to some ridiculous Canadian Company. Then you can make friends with the Raptors and be the two worst teams in the NBA. So you better shut your pile hole soon. Bozo. Let me guess are you the Knicks mascot. I hope Benny the Bull lays the smack down on all of you. Knicks suck, Bulls rule. What do you think about that. I guess you really feel stupid now.

Why would I feel stupid? I actually believe MJ is the best player in the nba overall ever. He was born in brooklyn just like me. So that's a pretty good feeling. Just because he played for the Bulls don't make me feel no worse. I rooted for what he accomplished. even though my beloved knicks took alot of the beatings. By no means would I feel stupid for that? Now look at what happened to all those players Jordan made GREAT while he was playing with them. The owner broke up the team, players went their own ways and really didn't accomplish anything else. I think kerr got another ring with S.A., but Pip looked like some doo-doo in portland. And the others for the most part just vanished... literally. But me, stupid not hardly. I am a fan opf my team. I only believe that the knicks will make the playoffs. they have talent and they have a coach who believes in their talent. I don't feel stupid for that. Now on the other hand if I thought a guy who can't score or run would make my team a contender(which by the way makes a legitimate push for a title), but don't predict a championship then that's stupid in my opinion. The bulls are not CONTENDERS and by the time they have that chance the won't be able to pay all their players the money they will be worth.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:51 PM   #9
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

IMHO: MJ was the greatest player ever and the worst Knick killer.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:34 PM   #10
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

no doubt nyk!!
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 08:00 AM   #11
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

I can hardly wait for the season to begin!

It is full of hope and promise with a new coach, new players, set rotation and up-tempo style. I hope the Knicks do not disappoint.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: