Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year

I'll eliminate Sell/Smith because I couldn't stand all the high fiving and hugging during the match. That's just me, though.

Karo/Diego was a very good fight. As was Nog/Barnett.

GSP/Hughes wasn't really a good fight because it was so one-sided, but it was still highly entertaining.

That leaves Cro Cop/Wandy. That's my favorite because I was hyped up on Cro Cop going into the finals of the OWGP. It was like he just took on all of Pride that night. It was awesome.

Good college starter TMacsOneGoodEye's Avatar

ember, you can watch alot of fights at dailymotion.com. It's like youtube but hasent been infiltrated by the suits yet (keyword yet). Don't know anywhere to DL events if I did I wouldn't be here right now cause I have alot of catchig up to do since I've only been following MMA for about 9 months.

I loved the high fiving in the Smith/Sell fight. I thought it was great and highly entertaining.

And GSP/Hughes MIGHT be my favorite fight of the year just on account of GSP winning. If there is ever any fighter who has paid their dues and deserved the title it would be GSP. The guy got his shot and got dominated because he was so young and so enamored by the great Matt Hughes, he worked, and worked and got another rematch and learned from his mistakes and wasn't so enamored anymore and totally dominated the great Matt Hughes who doesn't get dominated. It might just be the newness of the bout taking place because I felt the same way about Wandy/Cro Cop II and Franklin/Silva the whole week after they happened.

I really think Josh Barnett should take Shockwave off. He's one of the only guys in all of MMA who has an inkling of a chance of beating Fedor and he'll get his shot after Cro Cop next year but he's fought like six times this year and I'm sure he's gonna wanna fight at the Feb USA show and he's really gonna have to pick either Dec. or Feb. to fight. He's crazy if he picks both.

Thanks for the info TMacs I'll check it out.

I usually hit open layups Ricardo Tubbs's Avatar

Is there a good torrent site for MMA?

I can usually find the bigger UFC events on torrent spy, but dammit I want to start watching more of the different leagues.
    If you go on youtube, there are tons of Shooto matches, because they're not copyrighted here. Their rules are a bit different and it's really just lighter weights, but it is simply the purest, most grassroots MMA organization there is. Pride Bushido is basically just MegaShooto, because tons of guys there are from Shooto.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=p51t6ZKwK2Q
    ^the most bad ass video by an MMA org ever

You can actually watch all Pride and K-1/Hero's events live and for free if you've got Sopcast.

You gotta watch it at like 3AM, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Oh, and fight of the year: Crocop

You think Cro Cop could have beaten Fedor that night?

I'd give it 50/50.

Quote Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
    You think Cro Cop could have beaten Fedor that night?

I'd give it 50/50.
    Cro Cop is a legit threat to beat Fedor any night. He damn near had him when they did fight. Lucky for us Mirko (who is my favorite fighter) won the OWGP because I believe he stated that if he didn't he probably would have retired from fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
    Cro Cop is a legit threat to beat Fedor any night. He damn near had him when they did fight. Lucky for us Mirko (who is my favorite fighter) won the OWGP because I believe he stated that if he didn't he probably would have retired from fighting.
    Yeah, I remember hearing he was gonna retire if he didn't win the OWGP. And I don't think he was close to winning the first fight. Fedor was pretty much having his way with him and it was STANDING which was amazing. Fedor gameplan was to crowd Cro Cop and always stay close and give him no room to throw the LHK. It's pretty crazy how good that stragey worked.

But the night Mirko won the OWGP I don't think anyone could beat him. Not even Fedor.

I think the losses to Hunt and Fedor got Crocop's ass in motion and are what changed his style. Rather than just being the usual counterpunching, LHK-throwing backseat fighter he usually is, he became the aggressive, forward-moving fighter we all wished he was.

He finally realized what he has to do to be at his best, just a shame it took like half a decade to realize it.

Quote Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
    So what are your guys nominations for fight of the year? I say we nominate five and then pick the best out of those 5.

My top 5 are in no order .

Cro Cop/Wandy II
    Karo/Diego
    Big Nog/Barnett
    Scott Smith/Pete Sell
    GSP/Hughes.
    I agree with Fatboy on Sell/Smith, too much high-fiving, not even enough crisp striking.

I'd replace that with Kang-Misaki. Great fight, both guys got in trouble standing, and both had serious submission attempts; one of which almost ended the fight. Add in Kang losing his fiance a couple months before, being pretty heavily injured, but still fighting, and you have something special.

Other then that the list looks good.

You know, if we're just talking about crazy ass fights, then Sakuraba

[QUOTE=Ricardo Tubbs]You know, if we're just talking about crazy ass fights, then Sakuraba

OK I just watched this one, and when the ref pulls them back into the ring and lets Smirnovas just continue beating on him I couldn't help but laugh, how ridiculous, fight should've definetely been stoped, but Sakuraba is probably happy with the way it turned out I guess.

If it was any other fighter but Sakuraba I would be okay with it but Sakuraba is pretty close to losing his head. He's been beaten up so bad over the years that he's very close to not leaving the ring alive. I'm dead serious (no pun intended) if there ever was a true MMA death in the right I think Sakuraba would be the guy.

I don't know if any of you heard, but Fedor is going to have a fight for the Bodog org and it is rumored that Bodog is in talks to potentially sign Fedor long term. I know if you're Pride you try not to let that happen but Bodog I believe has a lot more money available so it will be interesting to see how that will pan out.

Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
    I don't know if any of you heard, but Fedor is going to have a fight for the Bodog org and it is rumored that Bodog is in talks to potentially sign Fedor long term. I know if you're Pride you try not to let that happen but Bodog I believe has a lot more money available so it will be interesting to see how that will pan out.
    Yeah I heard that also. And that Pride still doesn't have a TV deal in Japan. There's rumors of Cro Cop jumping ship to the UFC(sylvia = murdered). Bad scheisse, Pride's heavyweight division is one of the best things about MMA.