Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Do you guys think Wade stopped caring?

I remember this time last year, while everyone worked their asses of in the gym, Wade was at fashion shows and celebrity parties. There were some games last year where he played lazy, like he didn't care and wanted to be somewhere else.

This year, same thing. While others began their training, Wade's on his honey moon saying he's sad he missed some fashion shows. No basketball related topics whatsoever.

It just feels like he doesnt care anymore about getting better.

National High School Star Jlamb47's Avatar

Default Re: Do you guys think Wade stopped caring?

I feel like he had his opportunity to win, and maybe realizes that he doesnt have a shot anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jlamb47
    I feel like he had his opportunity to win, and maybe realizes that he doesnt have a shot anymore.

I think he lacks motivation. He's already a 3x NBA Champion. It sucks that Lebron had his most efficient finals peformance, and the heat still losses the series in 5 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    I think he lacks motivation. He's already a 3x NBA Champion. It sucks that Lebron had his most efficient finals peformance, and the heat still losses the series in 5 games.
    efficient but not dominant

I usually hit open layups

I can't stand that whole attitude of "you shouldn't be at a party ever in your life, you have to be working out 24 hours a day!" Or "maybe if he didn't spend time doing that commercial and actually worked out, he would be better."

Quote Originally Posted by FPJ
    I remember this time last year, while everyone worked their asses of in the gym, Wade was at fashion shows and celebrity parties. There were some games last year where he played lazy, like he didn't care and wanted to be somewhere else.

This year, same thing. While others began their training, Wade's on his honey moon saying he's sad he missed some fashion shows. No basketball related topics whatsoever.

It just feels like he doesnt care anymore about getting better.
    Lebron has noticed this as well, which is why he left. I remember Wade sitting out a game in Phoenix last season due to a "migraine." Right after that game the Heat flew into Oakland to play the Warriors, (a game he also sat out) and I heard via my local radio station that Wade was out partying till the wee hours of the morning.

NBA rookie of the year

You can go to a party or a social function as a basketball player without it being "not caring", lol.

2-4 hours of training 6 times a week is enough.

Going to a party isn't going to cause your basketball skills to evaporate or something.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Dude is 33 in a few months. He isn't getting better. He is who he is.

And you all think you know what happens behind the scenes in athletes' lives just because you follow them on Twitter or Instagram.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Wade stopped caring after 2011 nba finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave
    You can go to a party or a social function as a basketball player without it being "not caring", lol.

2-4 hours of training 6 times a week is enough.

Going to a party isn't going to cause your basketball skills to evaporate or something.
    Yea, that wasn't the point at all. No one expects Nba players to stop partying, people expect them to train though. Most players started their routine weeks ago (even ****ing Carmelo, lol), im yet to hear anything about Wade.

Greatest Of All Time Baller1986's Avatar

That's why you respect people like Lebron. He's been a consistent NBA player from age 18 to age 29.

I think it was more about him getting discouraged about the deterioration of his game last year than it was laziness.

Greatest Of All Time Baller1986's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    I think it was more about him getting discouraged about the deterioration of his game last year than it was laziness.
    He was missing some easy layups in the NBA finals

When people started doubting him, he thought he'd bounce back and show everyone who he is. Things didnt go his way though. Im really curious what he'll do next season but i dont have high hopes.

I would have never imagined 2-3 years ago that Wade will play second fiddle to Bosh.

Banned

Ever since he realized he couldnt win FMVP's or MVP's anymore he stopped giving a flying f*ck

Dude is so selfish