Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default What do you guys see in Embiid?

How good do you think he'll become? Is he the next Andrew Bynum? A guy who came in the league very raw but refined his post game a lot as the years went by, and barring injuries is a top 3 C in the league. Or more of an athletic, high-potential guy like Drummond? I've seen one Kansas game this year against Duke and he was pretty quiet that whole game, but he is a project after all.

ILL WILL RUNS NYC WhySoInsecure?'s Avatar

Default Re: What do you guys see in Embiid?

For a guy who has only been playing for 2-3 years, his post game is amazing. He's much more nimble than Bynum, and has more moves than Drummond. He hasn't shown it at Kansas yet, but from the highlights that I've seen it looks like he has can step out and hit the jumpshot.

If he continues to improve has the potential to be the best center in the league.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoInsecure?
    For a guy who has only been playing for 2-3 years, his post game is amazing. He's much more nimble than Bynum, and has more moves than Drummond. He hasn't shown it at Kansas yet, but from the highlights that I've seen it looks like he has can step out and hit the jumpshot.

If he continues to improve has the potential to be the best center in the league.
    Yeah, people have been raving about him lately. Won't mind him at all on the Celtics if this is the general consensus. Where do you think he should be drafted? Ahead of Smart and Exum or below?

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    Yeah, people have been raving about him lately. Won't mind him at all on the Celtics if this is the general consensus. Where do you think he should be drafted? Ahead of Smart and Exum or below?
    If he keeps improving and shows up in March I think he could end up going 2nd in the draft behind Parker.

Banned

If he keeps improving and shows up in March I think he could end up going 2nd in the draft behind Parker.
    Wait, you have Parker over Wiggins?

Wait, you have Parker over Wiggins?

What does Wiggins have on Parker other than jumping ability?

Banned

What does Wiggins have on Parker other than jumping ability?
    Potential. Parker is better suited for the college game and it's why he looks better. With this logic, Doug McDermott is a better NBA prospect than Wiggins.

Potential. Parker is better suited for the college game and it's why he looks better. With this logic, Doug McDermott is a better NBA prospect than Wiggins.
    I would have said the same thing about a month ago but Parker is a much better athlete than I thought. Seems to me like he really put in work over the summer and I see no reason why he can't tone up even more in the next few years.

I like Wiggins but right now he's just a pogo stick, his jumpshot is not there, he can't put the ball on the floor and create for himself nor his teammates, and the worst part is that he's passive. I agree that he has a higher ceiling than Parker, there's no doubt that his jumpshot and handles will improve, but I'm not sure that he can ever be a guy who does more than just get his, a la Rudy Gay.

The thing that really impressed me about Embiid in that Duke game was some of the passes he made. He already seems to have good instincts and the ability to pass out of a double team. He was much more developed mentally than I expected from a guy who hasn't been playing for long. Add that to the physical tools and potential for improvement and you have a rapidly rising draft stock.

Of course all these observations are based on 1 game but what I saw was really exciting.

not sure if srs

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    The thing that really impressed me about Embiid in that Duke game was some of the passes he made. He already seems to have good instincts and the ability to pass out of a double team. He was much more developed mentally than I expected from a guy who hasn't been playing for long. Add that to the physical tools and potential for improvement and you have a rapidly rising draft stock.

Of course all these observations are based on 1 game but what I saw was really exciting.
    Oh yeah. His passing out of the post was definitely nice for a guy like him in that game.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I said this in another thread, but right now I think Embiid and Exum are sort of a toss up for that fifth spot, depending on your needs. Right now I feel Smart is definitively ahead of Exum, based on such a visable body of work, and a physical presence that appears to be second to none at the PG spot. If he continues to show that his jumper is as improved as the results have been early in the season, I feel like he's locked himself in in front of Exum and

I could see him jumping to three ahead of Randle, because you're looking big against big, and you may find a team that wants a true center at that point, but in the current league that spreads the floor more than ever, I can't see him jumping the other two.

I swear there will come a point where some genius finds a big guy who wrecks all the small lineups, and the league will slowly vascilate back in that direction, then it will slowly move back the other way. It seems like a 25 or so year cycle. The small lineups right now look more like the 70s into early 80s lineups than I think most people realize. And league really started getting smaller around the late 90s. I think we're just right in the middle of a small cycle.

He has the ideal body for an NBA center, and although he only started playing the game a few years ago, he's shown glimpses of brilliance in about every area of the game. He runs the floor very well, he can dunk on you but he's also displayed highly promising footwork and coordination (he already has a strong, quick baseline spin), a jump hook, the form on his FTs looks good, he's got amazing passing instincts both out of the post and on the outlet, and should logically end up a defense and rebounding monster with his athletic profile. He learns incredibly fast too, he seems quite intelligent and down to earth too, like a Tim Duncan.

His ceiling is the highest in this draft. If he gets it together he could utterly destroy the league, especially given the prevalence of small ball nowadays.
    Last edited by BoutPractice; 11-23-2013 at 11:57 AM.

dude can be a great shot blocker and has good hands for his size. Apparently used to play volleyball growing up. fitting

I see the number 1 pick in the draft, at worst number 2.