Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 05-18-2008, 02:39 AM   #1
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

Default What's the highest you'll draft Wade next season?

Quote:
May 17 - Dwyane Wade is working three hours a day, five days a week in Chicago with trainer Tim Grover. While some are questioning why Wade is not working with the Heat's staff in Miami, Grover is supposed to be the best in the business. Grover says Wade should be at 100 percent by the Olympics, which means he should also be 100 percent by the start of the season, barring any setbacks. He never fully recovered from knee and shoulder surgery last year, but is focusing on coming into the new season fully healhty. He'll be worth a first-round pick this year.

I know its early, but where would you take Wade next year?
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 03:26 AM   #2
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: What's the highest you'll draft Wade next season?

Haha, I was thinking about this myself today. He's easily top 10 when healthy.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 03:48 AM   #3
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

Anywhere after top 6 is fine with me, once you get past the stud 6 (lebron,cp,kobe,amare,dirk,marion)... it's a big crapshoot anyways but Wade offers the biggest reward.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 09:53 AM   #4
RapsFan
Great college starter

I think after the 6 you have Wade, Arenas and KG to make a top 9 where any of them could actually end up being the #1 fantasy player overall if things went well for them. You also have Josh Smith who if he continues to improve his %'s could push for top 10, along with Yao, Butler, Brand, Gasol & Deron Williams. Lot's of injury risk in that top 16. I'd round out the top 20 with Iggy, Pierce, Iverson and Camby.

There are of course a number of guys who could end up with a ranking in the top 20 for various reasons....Manu, Gwal, Melo, Sheed, Billups, Baron, Granger, Gay, Roy, Nash, VC, Shard, Martin, Duncan, Bosh, Boozer, AK, Jamison, Durant? etc etc.

But to answer the question, I don't know if given the list of players in that top 10-12, that I'd take Wade in the 1st round. I might feel safer with KG at 7 even with his 'boring' numbers this year. Then it gets risky and you have to decide to you roll the dice for a high risk/reward player who is an injury risk or do you go safer with Smoove, Dwill, Gasol, Iverson types. If you go risky, then you choose if you build your team starting with a big, or a small.....Yao, Brand vs Gil, Wade.

I guess I wouldn't start thinking Wade until 8.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 11:12 AM   #5
stewen12
Banned

his Stats even when injured were still sick. I find him a Top 6 pick behind, Paul, Kobe Lebron Amare and DHOWARD
stewen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 02:01 PM   #6
elz
Dylan spits hot fire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
Anywhere after top 6 is fine with me, once you get past the stud 6 (lebron,cp,kobe,amare,dirk,marion)... it's a big crapshoot anyways but Wade offers the biggest reward.

I'll actually take Josh Smith before Marion
but thats just me. He literally owned my last yrs league, I won the finals but he's fking headache I want at all cost next yr.

I know for a fact in the league Im in his going late 1st, early 2nd easy
I think the injury factor and people sleeping on him will get him into the 2nd and maybe 3rd rounds.

me 2nd round convinced he still be there....
elz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 12:05 PM   #7
Phenith
NBA Junkie!

Wade is a top 5 fantasy guy when fully healthy, but his health concerns drop him to about the 6-9 range along with other health risk guys like Yao and Arenas.
Phenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 03:41 AM   #8
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

I'd agree with you guys that he's a top 5-10 when healthy, but i'll pass on the league leader in TO's. That can be a costly stat and therfore i'd more likely say he's top 15 instead of top 5-10.. but I suppose after last season he could be a steal because his value is significantly lower as of now, just like a Gilbert Arenas.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: