Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: We're flying Stealth Bombers over South Korea

I admit I have been mostly ignorant beyond generalities as to what North Korea is like and how they operate. But having a close friend stationed on the Korean border, I've slowly began playing catchup. I watched a National Geographic documentary on the region a few days ago and while it was just about what I expected, it was still kind of crazy to watch a woman sing a nursery rhyme to her children that went: "The pathetic Americans kneel on the ground. They beg for mercy."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFxvvd-l6-w

Quote Originally Posted by d.bball.guy
    To all of the people who have knowledge about NK, who are their allies? China? Russia?
    and Pakistan.

I think Russia..

If they are allies with Russia then this could be a helluva war.

North Korea has no allies that would come to their aid in a war. None at all. Their closest ally china might actually wind up fighting them to close the border and restore order - helping them is not in the cards.

NK running their mouth, trying to get more aid from the UN. Cant believe people buying this shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    and Pakistan.
    Isnt Pakistan working with the USA?

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    North Korea has no allies that would come to their aid in a war. None at all. Their closest ally china might actually wind up fighting them to close the border and restore order - helping them is not in the cards.
    I believe it is Russia, Iran, China, and a few other nations. It is their own axis of allies. It is ridiculous to think China will side with the US when they have formed their own pact right after 9/11.

Also, I don't believe Kim un is an idiot or a crazy mad man: this is clearly a strategic military move. They know the US is tied up in two wars, the state of the economy is in a crisis, and they are trying to invade Syria and Iran.

Kim un is calling our bluff.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    I believe it is Russia, Iran, China, and a few other nations. It is their own axis of allies. It is ridiculous to think China will side with the US when they have formed their own pact right after 9/11.

Also, I don't believe Kim un is an idiot or a crazy mad man: this is clearly a strategic military move. They know the US is tied up in two wars, the state of the economy is in a crisis, and they are trying to invade Syria and Iran.

If he is rational he'd just walk away.A war With the US isnt helping anyone unless he values damaging the US over everything he has in this world.

Problem is he just might.

Very good NBA starter

some of you swallow every BS that the media feeds you.

threat of war my ass.

this is all a dramatic show.

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24

North Korea has NO allies that would come to their aid in an armed conflict. Literally zero. I know people like to pretend WW3 is coming and get a hard on but this would be North Korea vs. literally everyone, including their allies in China.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    North Korea has NO allies that would come to their aid in an armed conflict. Literally zero. I know people like to pretend WW3 is coming and get a hard on but this would be North Korea vs. literally everyone, including their allies in China.
    Only if the US humbles itself co-operates with the rest of the world.

I don't think speculation about war is based on this alone. The international system is becoming increasingly fragmented; the Cyprus situation is threatening Europe unification ; everyone being annoyed by Israel's and the US' bullshit in the middle east and power vacuum's opening up in volatile countries like Cuba and Venezuela...the political system is unstable.

I don't even want to get into economics.

Everyone wants to see the North Korea situation resolved, including China, but the Chinese aren't going to sit there and let their sovereignty be threatened and the UN and the media aren't going to watch the US senselessly kill people.

Quote Originally Posted by DCL
    some of you swallow every BS that the media feeds you.

threat of war my ass.

this is all a dramatic show.
    Please indicate exactly what is the BS?

The US didn't fly B-2 bombers from the US to South Korea on a practice run?

The US didn't take the unprecedented step of announcing where our B-2s have been contrary to previous policy?

This didn't happen today in response?
    Last edited by KevinNYC; 03-29-2013 at 10:08 AM.

NBA Superstar

They do these drills every year.

NK is a joke.

Yes, the threat of a full scale war is very remote, but It hasn't been three years since these guys took shots at each other. Three years ago this week North Korea sunk a South Korean ship and that was before Kim Jong Un took over.

It's unclear to us, how shaky Kim Jong Un's grip on power is. His one year anniversary is coming up next month. So for domestic reasons, he might try to make a move. The whole point of the fly-by was to point out what the consequences might be.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    Please indicate exactly what is the BS?

The US didn't fly B-2 bombers from the US to South Korea on a practice run?

The US didn't take the unprecedented step of announcing where our B-2s have been contrary to previous policy?

This didn't happen today?
    what exactly am I looking at and how is it even relevant to what DCL said?

The fact of the matter is people are blowing this situation way out of proportion. It's not BS because the stability of East Asia depends on the nature of China and NK's diplomatic relationship but let's not pretend we are on the brink of full scale world war any time soon because TWO stealth bombers were deployed for a practice run.