Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Gilbert Arenas charged with felony gun possession

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    Doesnt he still need to be convicted though ?
    Saw on espn news he will plead guilty and not have to serve time behind bars. And Wash can attempt to void his contract if convicted of a felony. Now would they win such a battle? I dont know. NBA Players union is ready to rumble!

I dont think Spreewell contract was voided after he choked PJ right? Think they tried and lost. It'll be interesting.

Local High School Star KelticForce1349's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Geez, when did simply the owning of a gun become the worst crime imaginable? Isn't USING a gun the crime?

Yet, if he lived in the country and had guns for hunting, it would be perfectly fine. Or if he simply had a license, then its all good.

Calm down, everyone. No one got hurt. Everything's ok. Take it easy on the guy......

"Throw the book at him...."

Uh huh. So let me guess...he could not afford the license to carry the gun legally, right?

Poor Gil, he needed to guns for protection but doesn't make the money to own them legally. I guess that is what happens when you "leave money on the table" when signing a contract.

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    Dude are you purposely not getting it, to annoy people?
    No, I don't get it. You have it ingrained in your head that the simple ownership of a gun is terrible. I think the use of a gun to hurt someone is terrible. The guns weren't even loaded.

Why don't you read up on Switzerland and gun ownership. Everyone owns guns there and the crime rate is extremely low.

Maybe you should question your assumptions.

Geez, when did simply the owning of a gun become the worst crime imaginable? Isn't USING a gun the crime?

Yet, if he lived in the country and had guns for hunting, it would be perfectly fine. Or if he simply had a license, then its all good.

Calm down, everyone. No one got hurt. Everything's ok. Take it easy on the guy......

"Throw the book at him...."

I would much rather live next to a r@pist or child molester...

Thats much more safe then a guy that hides his unloaded guns in a locker!!

Local High School Star KelticForce1349's Avatar

No, I don't get it. You have it ingrained in your head that the simple ownership of a gun is terrible. I think the use of a gun to hurt someone is terrible. The guns weren't even loaded.

Why don't you read up on Switzerland and gun ownership. Everyone owns guns there and the crime rate is extremely low.

Maybe you should question your assumptions.

You must have hit your head getting out of bed this morning. Do you sleep with rocks inside your pillows or something? Owning a gun requires a certain degree of responsibility, a license to own or carry should not be considered too difficult or unreasonable. If you can't do such a simple thing then you have no business having a gun in your hand.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

I'll never understand the fascination between entertainers and fire arms. Not only that, but the "need" to own lots of them.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Saw on espn news he will plead guilty and not have to serve time behind bars. And Wash can attempt to void his contract if convicted of a felony. Now would they win such a battle? I dont know. NBA Players union is ready to rumble!

I dont think Spreewell contract was voided after he choked PJ right? Think they tried and lost. It'll be interesting.
    choking PJ isn't a felony

Quote Originally Posted by KelticForce1349
    You must have hit your head getting out of bed this morning. Do you sleep with rocks inside your pillows or something? Owning a gun requires a certain degree of responsibility, a license to own or carry should not be considered too difficult or unreasonable. If you can't do such a simple thing then you have no business having a gun in your hand.
    No, I get it. And Arenas should be punished for not obtaining a proper license. We get that. But you think he should be charged with a felony and go to jail for years for it? I don't.

No one was hurt. No one was threatened. No one was in any danger. The guns weren't loaded. Isn't that what we care about most?

Local High School Star icemanfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB

choking PJ is not the same as a felony conviction. The morals clause clearly covers this and the players union can go to hell. The union was designed to protect the innocent from the bully boss not the stupid guilty from being correctly fired.

Local High School Star icemanfan's Avatar

No, I get it. And Arenas should be punished for not obtaining a proper license. We get that. But you think he should be charged with a felony and go to jail for years for it? I don't.

No one was hurt. No one was threatened. No one was in any danger. The guns weren't loaded. Isn't that what we care about most?
    you are either playing stupid and doing a great job of it or you really are stupid. He took the guns to his place of work and set them out in a public place. This is against the law. If you took your guns to the Mc donalds you work at they would call the cops, have you locked up and then fire you. This is NO DIFFERENT.

Good High School Starter

No one was hurt.
    OK
    No one was threatened.
    How do you know?
    No one was in any danger.
    You sure about that?
    The guns weren't loaded. Isn't that what we care about most?
    Uh. I care that he showed poor judgement and broke the law. And then acted like a fool.

If he'd put a fake bomb in the arena would that be OK with you? No explosives, right? It might be illegal, but nobody would be "hurt."

I think you're being contrarian just for giggles. Go rock back and forth and think of your dream team of Kenyon Martin and Eddy Curry.

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Wow, that was pretty mean of them.

I'm sure Arenas agrees.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

icemanfan for the win.

i'm guessing it's not dirty or he would be f*cked right now...

The basic thing about it is that having an unlicensed firearm on you, or your person is illegal. End of story. Gilbert could have obtained a license to carry, but didnt want to. Because hes thug life.

Now, step two of this...is that he brought these weapons to his place of work. That would be fu*k up number two.

These things are not allowed. We can argue WHY it should, or shouldnt be allowed, but this is the way it is.

Laws are in place, just in case someone comes along that actually DOES hurt someone.