Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Stephen A Smith had the rumors flowing today....

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    Why would LeBron be talking about these hypothetical scenarios in the midst of a possible dynasty? Or even thinking about it?

I would be shocked to see LeBron leave Miami in 2014. Absolutely shocked.

It just doesn't make sense to me. I feel he would make the dissipating ill feelings toward him even worse. He would be known as the biggest front runner the league has ever see. A guy with zero integrity or loyalty. A real POS and someone you just can't respect.

If LeBron, for some crazy reason, is actually thinking/talking about this shit, and is actually considering jumping to another team.. then not only is he a paranoid freak with physiological issues, but also a complete and utter moron who's brain never fully developed.
    I don't know about the physiological issues, but I agree with the rest of your post. Why would Lebron even consider leaving to a team like LA or NY? I could maybe see Cleveland, but even that doesn't make too much sense.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

LeBron is not going to leave Wade. So until Wade retires, LeBron is staying in Miami. And why on earth would he want to move to another place if he still has the best team? His situation right now is basically perfect. Amazing city, great team, your best friend, etc. Only thing is that his home is in Akron. If he leaves Miami, it's going to be to Cleveland. I don't think LeBron is that type of guy that will be remembered for team hopping every few or so years.

Very good NBA starter

I trust Stephen A Smiths' judgment and he seems to be pretty well connected. As for Melo I could see him leaving for LA, but New York will have tons of capspace in the 2015 season. As far as Leborn, we all know he doesn't have any loyalty. If the Heat lost next year I could definitely see him heading to the Cavs although the Lakers might have a an outside shot.

Melo theme music..."I'm leaving home....leaving home....tell the world....I'm leaving home......"

People....get real. Melo is NOT leaving the Knicks, unless something truly bizarre happens, like a total collapse this season, or some Dolan/Melo feud....other than that, expect an extension at next season's end.

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    LeBron is not going to leave Wade. So until Wade retires, LeBron is staying in Miami. And why on earth would he want to move to another place if he still has the best team? His situation right now is basically perfect. Amazing city, great team, your best friend, etc. Only thing is that his home is in Akron. If he leaves Miami, it's going to be to Cleveland. I don't think LeBron is that type of guy that will be remembered for team hopping every few or so years.
    Basically this. If he leaves it'll be to Cleveland, why would he go to NY without Melo?
    Cleveland or Miami 2014.
    Also I don't think Melo will go to LA cause of Pringles.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    I don't know about the physiological issues, but I agree with the rest of your post. Why would Lebron even consider leaving to a team like LA or NY? I could maybe see Cleveland, but even that doesn't make too much sense.
    Well, he is playing for championships so other teams with younger and better supporting casts will have more appeal.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

I honestly think IF LeBron leaves, it's going to be in 2015 when all of these guys' contracts expire. After that he'll be a free agent and won't have that "he didn't take the option" aura about the move. But honestly, if Wade is rejuvinated this season and works on his game (wanted to do expansive workouts and train with MULTIPLE shooting coaches in the summer of 2012) then Miami could go on for another 3-5 years no problem.

Local High School Star The JKidd Kid's Avatar

Stephen A Smith really needs to learn when to just STFU.

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    Why would LeBron be talking about these hypothetical scenarios in the midst of a possible dynasty? Or even thinking about it?

I would be shocked to see LeBron leave Miami in 2014. Absolutely shocked.

It just doesn't make sense to me. I feel he would make the dissipating ill feelings toward him even worse. He would be known as the biggest front runner the league has ever see. A guy with zero integrity or loyalty. A real POS and someone you just can't respect.

If LeBron, for some crazy reason, is actually thinking/talking about this shit, and is actually considering jumping to another team.. then not only is he a paranoid freak with physiological issues, but also a complete and utter moron who's brain never fully developed.
    Loyalty... loyalty is a one way street in the NBA. Fans expect players to be loyal but organizations rarely are. Why is there such a double standard?

i dont want him in NY. sorry dude, fool me once but you're not gonna fool me twice.

dont buy it knicks fans. i swear i see these stupid white dudes on live tv at the garden with lebron posters or lebron in knicks jersey, ima find them and beat the shit outa them rich whiteboys.

Love Live Life

Can't see LeBron leaving Miami. SAS seemed pretty sure LeBron was opting out after next season, but why would he? With Riley there, I think that Miami will always put good players around LeBron, so he'll always have a good roster to contend with.

I could maybe see him going at the end of his last year (if he doesn't opt out at the end of 2013-2014). But it wouldn't make sense for him to opt out next year.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    I really don't think Lebron is leaving Miami.

I think he would, if the team looks unable to compete deep into the playoffs. You have to figure that after next year, some of their most important players, i.e. Wade, Allen, maybe Battier could start to be significantly slowed by age. It may not be easy to replace these guys with new players, given their lack of draft picks.

To reload Miami with new talent, they'd have to go the free agent route. It's much more difficult to do that with the new CBA, so Lebron might have to be willing to take a drastic paycut in order to stay in Miami and bring in other talent. Or, he could find a team that has quality young pieces who are still on smaller contracts, and was able to carve out just enough max space to make him the final piece to their championship puzzle. It's not far fetched that other teams making room for him could potentially be better positioned to be contenders. If that's the case, I think he would have a very difficult decision. He would get a TON of backlash for "The Decision pt II" and even if he wins more rings, could ultimately be remembered as a villain. It's gonna be very interesting.

Another interesting thing would be the Gilbert factor. Let's say Cleveland looks to be positioned much more strongly than Miami in two years. What if Gilbert had the opportunity to secure championships for Cleveland by taking Lebron back and basically looking like a bitch in front of his whole organization, or essentially saying no and preventing Lebron from joining a contender, but also taking the risk with his own team that they don't get over the hump. Does he do what's best for the club at the expense of his pride, or does he cut off his nose to spite his face just to see Lebron suffer?

Could be a crazy summer.

honestly cant tell who is worse. SAS or Broussard.

Thanks Stephen A. I've learned so much.