Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-20-2007, 02:21 PM   #46
Optimus Prime
Ringsssss

Default Re: HOUSTON has 5 PG'S now.......................

If you haven't seen it already, browse some of the past posts like FRANCIS TO ROCKETS! Go to ESPN and read the comments on the Francis to Rockets story. Etc...they are out there, in pretty great quantity...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsatyr
And again who and the hell is talking about championships as if we have it locked?
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:22 PM   #47
BankShot
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
You also said the Jazz are not that good even though they made it to WCF.

They made it to the WCF's without having to play Phoenix, Dallas, or San Antonio... not to take away from their accomplishment but it doesn't get much easier than a #5 seed and a #8 seed in the west.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:23 PM   #48
Optimus Prime
Ringsssss

Addressing your edit, I said the Jazz weren't CRAZY GOOD. I never said they weren't good. Way to twist my words...

The Heat made it back to the playoffs even though they lost D-Wade and Shaq (which is an annual occurrence).

Quote:
And again who and the hell is talking about championships as if we have it locked? You also said the Jazz are not that good even though they made it to WCF. Well we took them to game 7 and we are a stronger team than last year, much stronger. So your logic is flawed, anything can happen in the NBA. I guess the Jazz were stronger than you thought. And no one has had injuries like the Rockets and did not suffer.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:25 PM   #49
Xsatyr
Samurai Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
He's a f*ckin BALLER, i saw him play live all four years at oregon, and he has both the knack for making big shots (made the game winning shot against the #1 and undefeated UCLA bruins) and can absolutely take over the game on offense with his unlimited range and quick moves off the dribble.

He'll also put up an amazing blocked shot every couple of games and rebounds extremely well for someone who's barely 6'0" 160 lbs.

Adelman picked him personally, saying he watched him during his time off. He thinks Brooks' speed is perfect for the NBA. I think playing with Yao and Tmac will give him plenty of space to do his thing. That is why they will not get rid of him, he can pass and shoot. Rafer's inability to shoot allowed the double teams to continue on Tmac. That should not happen with Brooks. Adelman is a weird coach so don't be surprise to see Brooks at the one with James or Francis at the 2 at times. You never know but they are definitely keeping him for years to come.
Xsatyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:28 PM   #50
Xsatyr
Samurai Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
Addressing your edit, I said the Jazz weren't CRAZY GOOD. I never said they weren't good. Way to twist my words...

The Heat made it back to the playoffs even though they lost D-Wade and Shaq (which is an annual occurrence).

Okay even better, you said they are good. But the Rockets took them to game 7 without having a bench. The Rockets are much better than they were last year so they have a chance. No one said they will automatically win a championship next year, no team can say that. But you can't say they don't have a chance, well you can but it is stupid because you can't predict the future. The Suns, Mavs, Spurs, Rockets, Jazz or any other top can win if they get hot at the right time. You can't just say they don't have a chance.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:30 PM   #51
Xsatyr
Samurai Chef

Quote:
If you haven't seen it already, browse some of the past posts like FRANCIS TO ROCKETS! Go to ESPN and read the comments on the Francis to Rockets story. Etc...they are out there, in pretty great quantity...

Yeah from the same people or select posters with low post counts probably spamming or just bandwagoners. Every team has them but it is not in excess, most of us are being reasonable.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:34 PM   #52
Optimus Prime
Ringsssss

I could (ever so slightly) see the Rockets getting hot and catching Dallas, Phoenix, Utah and Denver off guard. But San Antonio is too solid. They are not going to have a colossal meltdown. Barring a TD/TP season ending injury, San Antonio just isn't going to bow down because the Rockets have the Franchise back.

And no, I'm not a Spurs fan, before that conspiracy theory starts. I don't even really like the Spurs (they are kinda boring), but I can see them for what they are: Rock Solid.

Quote:
Okay even better, you said they are good. But the Rockets took them to game 7 without having a bench. The Rockets are much better than they were last year so they have a chance. No one said they will automatically win a championship next year, no team can say that. But you can't say they don't have a chance, well you can but it is stupid because you can't predict the future. The Suns, Mavs, Spurs, Rockets, Jazz or any other top can win if they get hot at the right time. You can't just say they don't have a chance.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:54 PM   #53
Xsatyr
Samurai Chef

Quote:
I could (ever so slightly) see the Rockets getting hot and catching Dallas, Phoenix, Utah and Denver off guard. But San Antonio is too solid. They are not going to have a colossal meltdown. Barring a TD/TP season ending injury, San Antonio just isn't going to bow down because the Rockets have the Franchise back.

And no, I'm not a Spurs fan, before that conspiracy theory starts. I don't even really like the Spurs (they are kinda boring), but I can see them for what they are: Rock Solid.

The Spurs have yet to show they are capable of winning two in a row so it is not impossible to beat them. The Rockets fans have every reason to be optimistic, no one is already saying we are going to be the champions. So I don't see any reason for there to be so much hating unless your mad about all the threads being created. But if you look closely most of those threads are not even from Rockets fans. Besides it will die out and we well will get back to our normal Lakers, Knicks and Hey I want to suck Kobe's d*ck off who is with me threads.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:55 PM   #54
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

Quote:

Have the Spurs ever gone back to back. I'm just asking, becuase it seems like every year after they win some other team gets past them (and no I'm not saying it is going to be the Rockets)

Also all you keep spouting is "Franchise isn't going to save the Rockets". "Why are Rocket fans thinking Stevie is their savior" crap

Smart Rocket fans see Francis for what he is.........depth. Most Rocket fans are excited about the other move made........Scola, thats the real move there, Steve is just a extra cherry thrown into the mix. I also love the Steve is going to be a locker room poison. At 2.5 mil. he is very expendible and can be told to take his ass home, I also think he knows this is his last chance in the NBA.

Also don't bring up the crap, "Every team has injuries", NO team over the last 2 years has had more injuries to their core players like Houston has. That crap just makes you sound ignorant.

Last edited by TMac&Luther : 07-20-2007 at 03:16 PM.
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:59 PM   #55
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Ok Optimus Prime i can't hold this in any more....

The quote goes ABOVE your own words so that people can see what you're responding to before they see your response.

(space)
Optimus Prime's words
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 03:02 PM   #56
Optimus Prime
Ringsssss

:)

If it's a forum rule, I'll gladly change my ways. But I like to shake things up a bit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
Ok Optimus Prime i can't hold this in any more....

The quote goes ABOVE your own words so that people can see what you're responding to before they see your response.

(space)
Optimus Prime's words
Old 07-20-2007, 03:08 PM   #57
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Quote:
:)

If it's a forum rule, I'll gladly change my ways. But I like to shake things up a bit...

You rebel you
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 03:10 PM   #58
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

1. BankShot, you couldn't come up with any example like I asked, so you will now shut the f*ck up. You spew nonsense.

2. Optimus Prime, you also spew nonsense. ESPN comments? This is ISH, you tool. I haven't seen any Rocket fan proclaim us as favorites to win the championship. We're merely excited about the improvements our team has made and you obviously can't stand that. You are dripping with all the signs of jealousy. Get over it.

3. Who is Optimus Prime's favorite team and who is BankShot's favorite team?
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 03:14 PM   #59
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11

For real, I got to hear this.
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 03:23 PM   #60
Optimus Prime
Ringsssss

1. Cussing at someone because he disagrees with you is real mature...

2. Jealous? Of the First Round Exit Wonder Rockets?

3. I don't have a "favorite team". The NBA is about super stars, and I like players more than teams in general. There are teams I like more than others, but I don't really have one I can pick as a favorite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
1. BankShot, you couldn't come up with any example like I asked, so you will now shut the f*ck up. You spew nonsense.

2. Optimus Prime, you also spew nonsense. ESPN comments? This is ISH, you tool. I haven't seen any Rocket fan proclaim us as favorites to win the championship. We're merely excited about the improvements our team has made and you obviously can't stand that. You are dripping with all the signs of jealousy. Get over it.

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: