Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 05-25-2007, 12:26 AM   #1
liverpooty
Local High School Star

Default Chad Fords Mock Draft

This is what Chad Ford said regarding Charlottes draft picks.

22nd pick. Ante Tomic The skinny: The Bobcats are, according to a source close to the team, talking to several teams about trading this pick. With several teams anxious to get into the first round, they should be able to exact a high price.

If they keep it, don't be surprised to see them take a flier on a guy who could possibly replace Primoz Brezec when his contract expires next year. The Bobcats could leave Tomic in Europe for a year or send him to the D-League to get stronger. Either way, he's an intriguing player at the point.

8th pick Corey Brewer

The skinny: If the Bobcats weren't going to win one of the two top spots in the lottery, then this is a dream come true for them. They've needed a 2 who can play defense, get to the basket and shoot from the perimeter. Brewer can do all three.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 12:51 AM   #2
UNCrules2187
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Re: Chad Fords Mock Draft

Brewer would be a dream come true for me. If we weren't going to land one of the top two picks, I wanted to take Brewer. Sadly, I think he will go about 2-3 picks ahead of us. I wouldn't mind trading the #22 pick if we can get a good return on it, but I definitely don't want to use the 22nd pick of the first round on a "flier." If we get Brewer at #8, I'd like to see us take a decent center with #22.
UNCrules2187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 04:24 PM   #3
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Yes. Hopefully we won't pull off another Eric Williams trade either. If we trade that pick, I want 2 or 3 other guys involved. Something like this:

22nd pick
May, Knight, McInnis, or Brezec

for

A decent starter
future draft pick, cash, or a filler
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:47 PM   #4
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCrules2187
Brewer would be a dream come true for me. If we weren't going to land one of the top two picks, I wanted to take Brewer. Sadly, I think he will go about 2-3 picks ahead of us. I wouldn't mind trading the #22 pick if we can get a good return on it, but I definitely don't want to use the 22nd pick of the first round on a "flier." If we get Brewer at #8, I'd like to see us take a decent center with #22.

IMO: Cats have a decent center. His name is Okafor. What the team needs is a darned good back-up center to keep the team going during those times whem Mek is out with injuries. (Bye-bye Brezec). I would want to keep Voskhul and let go of Harrington if need be.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 10:24 PM   #5
liverpooty
Local High School Star

Okafor is not a natural center, he is a PF. We dont need a backup center, we need a starting center. Our options are to draft a true center like Hawes or to wait and nab a Josh Mcroberts or Sean Williams to play PF and move Okafor back to center. Either way, we need help bad on the front line.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 10:50 PM   #6
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Okafor plays better at center. So lets dump Brezec, draft a PF, and get to work.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:47 AM   #7
ILuvThisGame
My Swag is Phenomenal

It basically comes down to the fact that the Bobcats have the money and the picks in a deep deep draft to turn this team into something amazing next year with the eastern conference being as garbage as it is.

BUT the NBA is built on WHAT IN THE HELL were they thinking GM moves because winning is not as important as the owner buying 6 new cars in the offseason. We have the money to land a big name free agent, the 8th pick in a draft with 10 players already better then any guy drafted last year and the 22nd pick as trade bait to get a decent starter or good complementary back up.

But we are not going to get 3 out of 3. We may not get 2 out of 3.

I wish we would. I wish for once a GM would grow a pair and do what it took to win instead of dump salary. But the sad fact is that I have yet to see it and I honestly dont think I ever will.
ILuvThisGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 01:08 PM   #8
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Well, Robert Johnson is the clear image of what you described, but with MJ and Bernie running the show, I think they want the pieces to win.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: