Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: NBA 2K13 'MY TEAM MODE' Discussion

Just started My Team. Got this team with AJ Price but sold him to get Marshon Brooks. I have Byron Scott as the coach, Suns playbook, Kings home court, and these jerseys.

PG: Mack/Selby
    SG: Brooks/Mason
    SF: Babbit/I forgot
    PF: Rashard/Jeremy Evans
    C: Steimsma/buttload of center that I would sell for cheap silver players

3-0 so far, haven't played a game in 8th seed. Two of those wins were rage quits when they were down double digits with around a minute to 30 second left in the game Once summer comes, I would probably slow down on my My Career since I'm already in my 4th season and go all out for My Team. My plan would be to get at least 1 current top player(LeBron/KD/Melo), find some gold legends, and buy supporting silver/gold players.

This mode has pulled some b.s on me 3 times now!

I was 1 game away from the 4th seed with it being my last game (you only get 12 games to advance & I was something like 6-5 with 1 game left).
    I was whooping some guy's ass who had a bunch of star players, like LBJ, KD & Melo, all on the same team. 4th quarter with 2 min to go, I'm up by 8. Game starts giving me messages saying the other guy's Internet connection sucks. You know, when it says, "Waiting on opponent" and has a timer to give them a chance to come back.

It happens about 4 times in a span of 2-3 mins, then I get a message saying the server connection was bad and the game couldn't be continued. I got the LOSS!!! Wtf?!

It's happened 2 other times to me, too. What kind of b.s is that?

Keep it tight for me The-Legend-24's Avatar

I got LeBron along with Tony Allen, and my defense has improved. I've only lost once since I got both of them and that was against a guy that was shooting nothing but 3's with Curry, Allen, and Melo, along with Wade, Dwight, Shaq and Bird coming off his bench. Dude only beat me by 3.

Some of these guys have stacked teams yet they still struggle to beat a team where my 2nd and 3rd best players are Tony Allen and Gary Neal.

Switched my home jersey with the Alex English era Nuggets jersey, and the home court to the AT&T Center. Bought some gold packs and got Bobby Jackson(silver classic player). Also sold Shelvin Mack for CJ Watson, Babbit for T-Ross, Ayon for T-Rob, Kwame Brown for Neal, and Pittman for Green.

Played 5 games in the 8th seed with a 2-3 record. First one was a choke, I had a 5 point lead with 2 minutes left, got good shots but missed a lot of them. Lost by 7 Game 2 was a 19 point loss. Dude had Shareef Abdur-Rahim, MJ, Magic, KD, Bird, and Hakeem. Good thing was he knew how to use his players. 3rd game was a blowout win against a kid who did nothing but to shoot predictable 3s. 4th was an 11 point win. Game 5 was a loss against a guy with KD, MJ, CP3, and Dwight. Dude didn't know what he was doing with his team He had a 3 point lead in the second when I had to leave to pick up my brother.

How come I can't sell certain players?

I've got Jeremy Lin. I've been wanting to sell him since I don't use him at all, but the game won't let me. Same for Malcolm Lee, who hasn't been played since.. Shit, I don't know. The 6th seed.

FFFUUU I choked again Up 3 with a minute left, lost by 2. Probably would have tied or won the game if I didn't go for a risky play by throwing the inbounds pass inside since Bobby Jackson was open. Freakin McGee stole the ball with his long arms.

My line-up currently is:
    C - Kris Humphries
    PF- LeBron James
    SF- Tony Allen
    SG- Dwyane Wade
    PG- Jeremy Lin

Bench:
    Steve Novak
    Jodie Meeks
    Anthony Morrow
    Joel Pryzbilla
    Malcolm Lee
    Enes Kanter
    Patrick Mills

I saved VC to get all the players I have. I got Amare Stoudemire at first but after playing 3 games and not using him much, I sold him for Pau Gasol. I didn't like playing with Gasol, so I sold him and got DWade.

Recently, I played some guy who had a completely superstar roster. He was blowing me out by 20 PTs until about the 3rd quarter where I went HAM with DWade. In the 4th, I got the lead, and with 23 seconds left and me ONLY UP BY 3 PTS, the guy quit.
    I guess he lacks the clutch gene.

Went on to buy McGee and sold a bronze legend I got from gold packs.

PG: Bobby Jackson/CJ Watson
    SG: T-Ross/Marshon Brooks/Neal
    SF: Gerald Green/M. Brooks
    PF: T-Rob/Rashard
    C: McGee/Kwame/Steimsma

I'm sure I forgot some other players but whatever.

I'm 1-2 in the 7th seed. I lost the first two games. All 3 games are vs All-Star teams. Forgot what the first team looked like but 2nd team had Tim Hardaway, Shaq, Divac, and Hersey Hawkins. The one team that I beat had Magic, Dell Curry, Anthony Davis, and Larry Nance. Dude took the same amount of 3s with Magic and Curry He didn't know what he was doing. Beat him by 10.

My roster right now:

C- Dikembe Mutombo/Darko Milicic
    PF- LeBron James/Kris Humphries
    SF- Gerald Green/Steve Novak
    SG- Jason Terry/Nick Anderson/Anthony Morrow
    PG- Paul Pressey/Patrick Mills/Gary Neal

Paul Pressey is actually a SG/SF combo, but he has 90 passing, 80+ ball handling, and 80+ offensive awareness, so I figured running him at the point would be a decent move.
    Nick Anderson comes off the bench for some fire power for the 2nd unit. I do realize he's a better player than Jason Terry and Gerald Green, but I'd rather my 2nd unit also have an elite scorer than placing both of my elite scorers (Nick & LBJ) together and have them tire out quicker.
    Dikembe Mutombo is the 76ers version. I wish he were the Nuggets version, but oh well. I was expecting him to be an elite rebounder, but so far in the two games I've played with him, he's probably averaging 4 rpg. I don't play zone defense either, so it's not like he's out of position from grabbing the boards.

Currently, my line-up is too slow to run fast break type of offenses. I've been slowing games down significantly and just looking for open shots, doing extra passes, etc. It hasn't led to any wins so far (0-2 in current 4th seed), but I have been close in every game I've lost... So I'm thinking about trying it for at least 2 more games before I make an entire roster switch.

I've also got the following reserves in My Collection and I'm considering switching out some of my current roster players for these guys since I lost my last 2 games in a row:

Kevin Willis, Sam Vincent, Clint Richardson, Joel Pryzbilla, Jodie Meeks, Javale McGee, Jeremy Lin, Malcolm Lee, Enes Kanter, Scott Hastings, Lercy Ellis, Craig Ehlo & Darryl Dawkins.

I've been farming VC a lot, but I always end up spending most of it on gold packs. I think it'd just be smarter to spend the VC on current players instead of risking them on gold packs all the time.

I'm going to save up some VC and get a better C. Maybe Joakim Noah. I'd like to go with D12, but to be honest, I get tired of seeing the same roster everywhere. Everyone has LeBron and Dwight together. I also don't like having LeBron just because everyone seems to have him, but he is the best player to play with and can play every position, so I'll keep him.

Okay, fvck this. I've played 7 games in the 7th seed and ALL of those teams are All Star Gold Legends teams. I'm currently 2-5 They'll just cheese with Jordan fadeaways, Dell Curry 3s, and Hakeem shakes.

Maybe I'll get back to playing this mode once summer comes so I can get more time to earn VC to buy players and packs.

I just cannot find any luck in this mode. I went 5-1 to start the 4th seed earlier this week after failing to advance so many damn times over the course of maybe 2 months now!
    I thought this was my lucky break. Just 3 more wins and I'm advancing. Then I lost my next 4 games in a row.
    My record is 5-5 now. I have 2 games left but I needed to get to 8 wins to advance, so I'm f*cked once again.

I took garbage ass Dikembe Mutombo out of my line-up because I just couldn't do shit with him. He was probably only grabbing 4 rebounds per game. Jeremy Lin off the bench had at least 3-4 games in a row where he out rebounded Dikembe.

Anyway, my current line-up looks like this:
    C- Kevin Willis/Javale McGee
    PF- LeBron James/Kris Humphries
    SF- Gerald Green/Paul Pressey/Steve Novak
    SG- Jason Terry/Nick Anderson/Anthony Morrow
    PG- Brandon Jennings/Jeremy Lin

Jeremy Lin is garbage. I just cannot score with him no matter how often I practice his shot. I tend to switch Jennings, Lin, Terry & Pressey between the pg position throughout a game. I obviously need better big men. I'm considering picking up Reggie Evans for the rebounding boost, but he's worth over 10k VC.

I don't know what to do to advance other than blowing up this roster and replacing everyone with gold players. I don't want to resort to that but I'm getting to the point where it seems to be my only option. I keep facing guys with all good line-ups anyway, so maybe it's necessary...
    Last edited by Scholar; 06-08-2013 at 02:40 AM.

National High School Star KDthunderup's Avatar

Can someone give me some tips? I cant ****ing stop the 3 point cheesers, I play 1-3-1 zone and try and run them off the line but they still ****ing knock down contested 3's then I always miss open 3s with a perfect release with guys like Carmelo and Morrow.

Pisses me off to no end

Played another game. I was pissed like hell. I kept on missing WIDE OPEN 3s while my opponent kept on making contested ones and he doesn't even have legends

Quote Originally Posted by KDthunderup
    Can someone give me some tips? I cant ****ing stop the 3 point cheesers, I play 1-3-1 zone and try and run them off the line but they still ****ing knock down contested 3's then I always miss open 3s with a perfect release with guys like Carmelo and Morrow.

Pisses me off to no end
    I guess I'm not the only one