Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Washington Wizards Forum

Washington Wizards Forum Washington Wizards forum - Washington Wizards message board

Old 02-08-2008, 02:06 AM   #1
sdavis1781
I airball my layups

sdavis1781 has an OK reputation so far
Default Caron Butler to the Clippers!!!

Trade Buttler to the Clippers for Mobley and their lottery pick!! Let Arenas leave have cap space to sign Josh Smith, and also pick up a center..

Sign Okafor/ or lottery pick center
re-sign Jamison
Sign Josh Smith
Stevenson/Mobley off the Bench
sign J. Calderon. or Lottery pick point guard.

Last edited by sdavis1781 : 02-08-2008 at 02:11 AM.
sdavis1781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 12:15 AM   #2
Koop1
Great young streetballer

Koop1 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Caron Butler to the Clippers!!!

That would be one of the ****ingdumbestt thing's I've read
Koop1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 03:26 PM   #3
rapsfan3
Decent playground baller

rapsfan3 has an OK reputation so far

I honestly thought this was breaking news when I first clicked the thread title.
rapsfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 01:47 PM   #4
BayAreaSportz
I hit open layups

BayAreaSportz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdavis1781
Trade Buttler to the Clippers for Mobley and their lottery pick!! Let Arenas leave have cap space to sign Josh Smith, and also pick up a center...

Andray Blatche was given a 4 year extension for a decent amount of money and he's the future power forward for this team. Butler is an All-Star and has been carrying this team. As it stands right now, the Wizards are 6th in the East. If anything, I'd move Arenas, who has said that he will opt out just to get more money. This team is decent enough without Arenas where they don't have to pay him the $17M that he wants. This team could easily be built around Butler and Blatche. If I was to trade Butler, it would have to be to a team like Minnesota who would have to give up their 2008 unprotected first round pick, which could be anywhere from #1-4. Butler and Thomas for Theo Ratliff, Corey Brewer, and their 2008 lottery pick. But the Wizards would be much better off keeping Butler.
BayAreaSportz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 02:32 PM   #5
kshutts1
Good college starter

kshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected poster

Just because someone mentioned trading Arenas...

If I were the Wizards GM, I would seriously consider trading Arenas for Brand straight up.

With an aging Cassell and Livingston not having a knee, the Clippers could use a PG, plus they could use some star power to get people into the seats.
With Kaman blowing up in the middle, Brand isn't as necessary... surround Kaman and Arenas with shooters and leave some PT for Thornton... I think that team has a better future than the potential logjam of Kaman, Brand, Thornton (though playing all 3 at once COULD be huge).

For the Wizards.. Daniels is a legit PG, he can play.. Stevenson can play.. So there are two PGs that can do a commendable job. Then you'd have some beef in the middle. With Blatche improving so rapidly, that's the only thing that may stop the trade, IMO, but in the East you could play Brand and Blatche together in the paint on most nights.

Daniels, Butler, Jamison, Blatche, Brand.. I think that's a very solid team, and IMO better than Arenas at PG.

Arenas is a phenomenal talent, but I feel that he takes away from Butler's game too much. The team plays much better as a team without him, and a player like Brand wouldn't change that.

What do y'all think?
kshutts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 12:26 AM   #6
Koop1
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshutts1
Just because someone mentioned trading Arenas...

If I were the Wizards GM, I would seriously consider trading Arenas for Brand straight up.

With an aging Cassell and Livingston not having a knee, the Clippers could use a PG, plus they could use some star power to get people into the seats.
With Kaman blowing up in the middle, Brand isn't as necessary... surround Kaman and Arenas with shooters and leave some PT for Thornton... I think that team has a better future than the potential logjam of Kaman, Brand, Thornton (though playing all 3 at once COULD be huge).

For the Wizards.. Daniels is a legit PG, he can play.. Stevenson can play.. So there are two PGs that can do a commendable job. Then you'd have some beef in the middle. With Blatche improving so rapidly, that's the only thing that may stop the trade, IMO, but in the East you could play Brand and Blatche together in the paint on most nights.

Daniels, Butler, Jamison, Blatche, Brand.. I think that's a very solid team, and IMO better than Arenas at PG.

Arenas is a phenomenal talent, but I feel that he takes away from Butler's game too much. The team plays much better as a team without him, and a player like Brand wouldn't change that.

What do y'all think?

I don't agreee
The record is still worse as it stands without Arenas
I would see how he comes back first, and mixes wit hthe team now
come on, Just because he's been out all year, the teams playing .500 ball without him, automatically means they don't need him??
Overall they are a better team with him,
Keep what they have
Old 02-29-2008, 04:56 AM   #7
PFunk
Kids at the park dunk on me

PFunk has no real reputation yet.

First off, the Clippers trade is rediculous. If the Wiz give up either Butler or Arenas they'd be stupid. Those are going to be the cornerstone type players for the next 5 years at least. These guys are just entering their prime (assuming they are healthy for next year). Outside of Blatch, Haywood, Daniels, Young, Stevenson.. I would look into dealing those players. Too bad they couldn't get young players and draft picks for Jamison before the deadline for him.

What would you have thought about this one hypotheticaly

Antawn Jamison, Etan Thomas, Roger Mason, Domonic McGuire

for

Ben Wallace, Tyrus Thomas, Chris Duhon, first round pick

It would improve the Wizards defensively and give them some good you talent in Tyrus Thomas and a draft pick. It might seem like a lot of talent to give up to get rid of Wallace's contract but that's how bad the Bull's wanted to get rid of him. P

Wizards

Pg - Arenas, Daniels, Duhon
Sg - Stevenson, Young
Sf - Butler, Thomas
Pf - Blatch, Songaila, Pecherov
C - Wallace, Haywood

+2 first round picks in this years draft, but only expiring contract is Duhon

Bulls

Pg - Hinrich, Curry
Sg - Sefolosha, Gordon, Mason
Sf - Deng, Griffin, Nichols, McGuire
Pf - Jamison, Nocioni
C - Noah, Thomas, Gray

+no picks, but expiring contracts include : Jamison, Griffin, Gordon, Deng, Nichols, Mason
PFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:38 PM   #8
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdavis1781
Trade Buttler to the Clippers for Mobley and their lottery pick!! Let Arenas leave have cap space to sign Josh Smith, and also pick up a center..

Sign Okafor/ or lottery pick center
re-sign Jamison
Sign Josh Smith
Stevenson/Mobley off the Bench
sign J. Calderon. or Lottery pick point guard.

You high bro?
Old 04-03-2008, 10:05 PM   #9
R.H.C.P.
that's turrible

R.H.C.P. is a pretty well-respected posterR.H.C.P. is a pretty well-respected posterR.H.C.P. is a pretty well-respected poster

You serious!? Raptors better not give Calderon away....Ford instead.
R.H.C.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 12:42 AM   #10
Koop1
Great young streetballer

Ford is better all-round, and has probably more worth to the raptors than Calderon
Old 04-21-2008, 08:56 AM   #11
tacker
Can barely lace up my sneakers

tacker has an OK reputation so far

I dont see anything wrong with the Big three (Jamison, Arenas, Butler) Why trade and sign?
tacker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: