Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 01-12-2009, 08:56 AM   #1
Alonzo Magic
Mourning Glory

Alonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation here
Default Carlos Boozer

Everyday it seems the link that we'll get Boozer gets stronger and stronger. (him having a Home in South Florida definitely has something to do with it)

So do you guys think we should go for Boozer when he opts out in the summer? I don't know if they'd do a trade for Marion, even with his expiring contract.

The Pros are obvious - A legitimate 20/10 guy and a potentially lethal double team with him and Wade, two All Stars that can fill it up.

As enticing as that sounds, Boozer has too many iffy things that surround him:
- How will he do without an elite pass first PG? And therefore, is he really worthy of a Max Contract? I mean, compared to some of the other players that will be available in 2010.
- Will he have been over his injury problems?
- Is he gonna pull the **** he did to the Cavs on us?

The PF position is also not a spot which needs any real attention IMO. I'm satisfied with Haslem, Beasley may even develop into the PF position. With all that, why give him a Max salary?

It's a no from me. Interestingly enough, a lot of non Heat fans think he would be a great acquisition. What do you guys think?
Alonzo Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:26 PM   #2
lukekarts
Local High School Star

lukekarts has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Carlos Boozer

Boozer is good but an injury risk. At the same time, it doesn't really strengthen the team. We already have Haslem and Beasley (the latter who will easily surpass Boozer if he keeps developing) so it doesn't make sense.

We could sign him if we were to use him as a bargaining chip for better trades, but I don't think he'd sign only for that to happen.

The key for us is to swap Marion on deadline day in a desperation trade (the other team offering us something something BIG for Marion in haste), and that BIG person would have to be a quality center who can defend and score. Like Okafor, Biedrens etc.
lukekarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:44 PM   #3
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star

Lord Leoshes has an OK reputation so far

We have enough PFs, so no from me. PF, & SG is are strong point. we need to work on a starting C, back up PG, & if Marion leaves, a starting SF if Jones doesn't cut the bill. But that last part would be next year. Getting ZO back is a good start(if healthy enough). The hard part is to find a PG that plays offense like Quin, & defense like Banks.
Anyone know where i can find that machine from the movie THE FLY?
Lord Leoshes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:19 PM   #4
Pat Reilly
I hit open layups

Pat Reilly has an OK reputation so far

Beasley and Haslem are certainly capable enough at pf... Miami signs another make it one with the size to play center... and that is not Boozer.

...in 2010 perhaps?
Pat Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:30 AM   #5
AItheAnswer3
Decent college freshman

AItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation here

Like everyone said, I'm also content with what we have at the 4. More interested in a defensive minded C. A guy like Emeka Okafor who has decent post moves, gets you your 10 boards and a decent help defender.

For the PG spot, we could sign Bibby. He's a FA next year. Don't know if he's ready to back up Chalmers though. He might be looking for a title.

A guy like Boozer is injury-prone. He's a great post player and a Wade-Boozer pick-and-roll would be scary. But there will be a log jam at the 4.
AItheAnswer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 02:14 PM   #6
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster

I know Boozer is a very talented player, but Beasley is looking to be developing into an allstar talent, and because of their size, both can't play in the game at the same time... we'd be undersized, just like with Haslem.

I also like Chalmers at the PG. He's a good ball handler, defender, can get into the lane, and will eventually become more consistent from the 3pt line. I really don't see an upgrade other than a better backup PG.

I'd either like a youngish second tier ~$10M type of C (Kaman [26], Okafor [25], Chandler [26], J. O'neal [30]), and we somehow hold onto Marion for lesser money (~$10M) or just go all out and try and get a swingman PF/C like Bosh or Amar'e while using Jones or Dorell at starting SF.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 11:17 PM   #7
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star

Lord Leoshes has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by AItheAnswer3
Like everyone said, I'm also content with what we have at the 4. More interested in a defensive minded C. A guy like Emeka Okafor who has decent post moves, gets you your 10 boards and a decent help defender.

For the PG spot, we could sign Bibby. He's a FA next year. Don't know if he's ready to back up Chalmers though. He might be looking for a title.

A guy like Boozer is injury-prone. He's a great post player and a Wade-Boozer pick-and-roll would be scary. But there will be a log jam at the 4.

Bibby will stay in ATL, or go to a contender, + he will want to much money, & for longer then 2010, as well as he does not play any defense. I would not bother with hm.
Lord Leoshes is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: