Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Clutchbrook Activated WWRWestbrookDo?'s Avatar

Default True or False: Paul George's career will be better than Tracy McGrady's

George is not only physically gifted but he also is known to be a harder worker. McGrady was arguably one of the most physically gifted stars that we have seen. He even admitted that he didn't always work hard.

So who do you George will have a better career than what McGrady had?

Default Re: True or False: Paul George's career will be better than Tracy McGrady's

Seriously?

George will never be as good as Mac in his prime.

Maybe he'll garner more accolades once he becomes the man of the Pacers because as of now he's just a nice 2nd option.

Default Re: True or False: Paul George's career will be better than Tracy McGrady's

Quote Originally Posted by WWRWestbrookDo?
    George is not only physically gifted but he also is known to be a harder worker. McGrady was arguably one of the most physically gifted stars that we have seen. He even admitted that he didn't always work hard.

So who do you George will have a better career than what McGrady had?
    Better career yes, not a better peak though.George still has a ton of room to improve, but T-Mac was a beast in the early 2000's with the Magic. If George can stay healthy for a solid 8-10 all-star worthy years I can see his teams making it to conference finals maybe even a championship.

Banned

Better career, yes. Better player, HELL to the NO.

Quote Originally Posted by tikay0
    Better career, yes. Better player, HELL to the NO.
    For truth ...

George isn't even close to sniffing prime / peak McGrady's abilities.

Possessed by B-Ball Ancient Legend's Avatar

When someone posts this, said player usually blows his knees the nxt season or two. Brandon Roy was shaping up to be a stud, better than Paul George's potential IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Legend
    When someone posts this, said player usually blows his knees the nxt season or two. Brandon Roy was shaping up to be a stud, better than Paul George's potential IMHO.
    In your opinion? LOL ...

Roy was already arguably the 2nd or 3rd best SG in the league while playing through his knee troubles.

The performances he had in the playoffs, and the skills he was showing ... if he was healthy he'd probably right there with Wade and Kobe as best SG in the league.

Roy got buckets, plain and simple. No excessive free throws or flops like the Hardens or Ginobili of the basketball world.

Banned

McGrady didn't win a playoff series. If by "career" you mean playoff success then yes, he'll end up with better career than McGrady's.

He will never as good as McGrady, never. Again, I don't know what you mean by better career. Team success? Individual stats? McGrady has sick numbers in the regular season and playoffs. Paul George and McGrady aren't even remotely close in terms of stats and talent.

Define "career" then we can have a discussion.

Even though T-Mac's prime years were cut short let's consider some things. For starters, peak value wise many consider T-Mac a top 3-5 talent EVER at SG. I don't think it's a stretch to say MJ, Kobe, West, T-Mac, and Wade are the top five SG's ever in terms of the peak value they brought to the table. Secondly u are talking 7 all star team and 7 all NBA teams. And over 18,000 career points A peak T-Mac in the L right now would be the second best player in the L in my opinion just behind Bron. Yes even better than Durant slightly or a backend prime Kobe. Paul George currently isn't even close and his career is still very, very early. But it's scary to think what guys like T-Mac accomplished even though their prime years were cut short by a minimum of 5-6 years.

But George is a beast and career wise his career might be better. But it will take him to be HOF level to be considered close to T-Mac peak value wise. For example, Reggie Miller had a better career than David Thompson. But peak value wise or who I would draft first is CLEARLY The Skywalker. Two different criteria and can be intertwined and other times u get your Skywalker, Penny, Hill, and T-Mac cases.

True, Tracey Mcgrady is one of the most overrated players in league history, his peak only lasted for like 1-2 seasons, not much different from that cancer called Gilbert Arenas.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    In your opinion? LOL ...

Roy was already arguably the 2nd or 3rd best SG in the league while playing through his knee troubles.

The performances he had in the playoffs, and the skills he was showing ... if he was healthy he'd probably right there with Wade and Kobe as best SG in the league.

Roy got buckets, plain and simple. No excessive free throws or flops like the Hardens or Ginobili of the basketball world.
    Great point about B-Roy. I think he was closer to the Kobe-Tmac-Wade-AI-Ray-Vince level of SG than guys like Joe Johnson and Ginobli. No disrespect to those two cause they are very good and possibly great. But Roy seemed to have that swagger AND ability than screamed superstar. As great as Manu was, he was often hobbled and didn't seem like a guy that would really carry a team night and night out. If anything cause he knew he was injury prone and had Timmy and Tony. So he picked his spots to dominate and will be an HOFer. JJ seemed flat out timid at times and in essence that's what cost him a possible HOF bid. Roy seemed like Kobe, AI, Vince, Mac, Wade, and Ray and could carry a team day in and day out.

It seemed it would be Roy's league at SG once all these guys slowed down. Unfortunately, it seems we will never know.

I think once George starts getting into his prime he'll be the clear #1 option, could average 26/7/6 and will be making all-defensive 1st teams along with all NBA teams. He's definitely going to begin a long string of all star appearances next season and has already had more playoff success than McGrady ever had. Barring injry I believe he could do all the things I just listed. If he did that and won a ring I think his career is clearly better than McGradys. Peak TMac will always have the better numbers and appear more "dominant" but I think George has potential to be a game changer in a much more positive way. Like if TMac was bricking shots one night and turning the ball over, the team lost no matter what. George can be shooting poorly but still making stops on defense and creating turnovers and can facilitate well too. The team can still win if George isn't scoring but is dominating in other ways. I just think George's ceiling has more dimensions than TMac which could make him more valuable despite numbers.

he already has a better career lol

Local High School Star

I don't see Gorge ever being a 2 time scoring champ, 7 time allstar and finishing 3 times in the op 6 MVP vote getters . Despite the 1st round losses tmac has had a stellar career.

its not really fair to compare a growing superstar to a superstar who had an injury plagued career. its not fair at all.

But George will never compare to TMac's peak. which ranks amongst the highest of all time for peak careers. George will need to work even harder to become a go-to scorer in the clutch. He still doesnt have the 1 on 1 moves to consistently score when the teams needs him to. thats one thing i think willl prevent him from ever being elite. because hes quite elite in everything else