Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 06-07-2006, 11:03 PM   #1
hoops623
Saw a basketball once

Default what do you think of O.J mayo

Do you think he is goin 2 be an allstar in first 2 seasons
hoops623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 02:48 PM   #2
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

that guy is the real deal hes is the best senior for next year in h.s so espn probably show his games. he is an amazine ball player
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 03:05 AM   #3
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

Honestly, I've seen all of them play, and I don't really think he's all that much better, nor do I think he has that much more potential, than Derrick Rose or Eric Gordon.

And I don't say that because Rose is an Illini target and Gordon is an Illini commit. (Okay, maybe in part.)
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 05:08 PM   #4
BeckDiggLer
I usually hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame414
Honestly, I've seen all of them play, and I don't really think he's all that much better, nor do I think he has that much more potential
Dude, WFT are you smoking?

Mayo, is the next great swing man, what school is he going to next year?
BeckDiggLer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 12:06 AM   #5
dak121
College star

Quote:
he is an amazine ball player

That is also an idiot. He's wasting a great chance at being something special with his off the court problems. Next Darius Miles/Deshawn Stevenson if he keeps it up.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 02:55 AM   #6
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Dude, WFT are you smoking?
Weed, and lots of it.

But it doesn't affect my judgment.

Maybe a little.

Quote:
Mayo, is the next great swing man, what school is he going to next year?
I'm not saying Mayo isn't the best player in the 2007 class. He is. But Rose is actually considered a better pure point guard, if not a better player, and Gordon reminds me so much of a circa-Marquette Dwyane Wade, only with a jump shot, it makes me giddy. The thought of Rose and Gordon in the same backcourt together in Champaign....I would seriously consider trading the White Sox's 2005 World Series title to have two years of that.

Have you seen either Rose or Gordon play? I'll put it this way. Mayo, Rose, and Gordon are ALL better than any guard in the 2006 class. Lawson, Ellington, Collins, Scheyer, Henderson....all of them. It's the best trio of guards in a high school class in a long time.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:57 AM   #7
BlackMoses
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Weed, and lots of it.

But it doesn't affect my judgment.

Maybe a little.

I'm not saying Mayo isn't the best player in the 2007 class. He is. But Rose is actually considered a better pure point guard, if not a better player, and Gordon reminds me so much of a circa-Marquette Dwyane Wade, only with a jump shot, it makes me giddy. The thought of Rose and Gordon in the same backcourt together in Champaign....I would seriously consider trading the White Sox's 2005 World Series title to have two years of that.

Have you seen either Rose or Gordon play? I'll put it this way. Mayo, Rose, and Gordon are ALL better than any guard in the 2006 class. Lawson, Ellington, Collins, Scheyer, Henderson....all of them. It's the best trio of guards in a high school class in a long time.

Rose might be the sexier pick because he's just an athletic freak and had some crazy Illi. state tournament games, but OJ has had the spotlight on him for years, not just recently. OJ could step in this upcoming NBA season and help a lot of teams out. I couldn't say the same for Rose (Stevie Franchise part deuce?) or Gordon (who didn't live up to the hype when I saw him). OJ has a perfect body for the one spot/combo guard and is just as good as a passer as Lebron was coming out of HS (just not as tall obviously). Even though he shoots a lot in HS, he's not really a chucker and can affect (positively ) the games in other ways. He does need to avoid the off the court problems though.
BlackMoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 05:36 PM   #8
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

When did you see Gordon?

At his last tourney, he wasn't so great, but he was unreal at Bob Gibbons' tourney in North Carolina a few weeks ago. Scored 49 in one game. Gordon's going to be the most lethal Illinois scorer since Kendall Gill and Nick Anderson

As far as Rose, I'm not going to take him over Mayo. Like I said, I'm not saying Mayo isn't the best player in the class. I just don't think he's way above Rose and Gordon.

But since you mention Steve Francis, that's actually a good comparison. In a way. The best way I could describe Derrick Rose is to take the best parts of Steve Francis, the best parts of Deron Williams, and put them in one basketball player. Unlike Francis, Rose actually DOES think and play like a point guard.
Old 06-16-2006, 06:38 AM   #9
BeckDiggLer

Where is Mayo transferring to, did he get kicked out of school last year? Is he going to Oak Hill?
Old 06-16-2006, 09:45 AM   #10
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

If you're referring to the fight/argument he got in, I think that was way overblown and he was only suspended from school for a few days. But I may be wrong. There've been rumors of him transferring, but I've not heard anything substantial.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:21 AM   #11
BeckDiggLer

Quote:
If you're referring to the fight/argument he got in, I think that was way overblown and he was only suspended from school for a few days. But I may be wrong. There've been rumors of him transferring, but I've not heard anything substantial.

I heard he was kicked out of school, maybe it was overblown. I also heard the other guy Walker I think that's his name is too old to play in Ohio next year so the two of them are going to Oak Hill beofre they join Huggins in Manhattan.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:56 PM   #12
adam_morrison
Landry is a true balla

Default Re: what do you think of O.J mayo

Quote:
Honestly, I've seen all of them play, and I don't really think he's all that much better, nor do I think he has that much more potential, than Derrick Rose or Eric Gordon.

And I don't say that because Rose is an Illini target and Gordon is an Illini commit. (Okay, maybe in part.)

mayo will be really good. and gordon and rose aint going to illinois
adam_morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 03:05 PM   #13
JellyBean
College superstar

I am having a ball watching this kid. I think that, depending on what team he goes to in the NBA, he is going to have a nice future in the NBA. I hope that he does not go to my beloved Timberwolves...that would mess O.J. Mayo up. We do not have a good GM/Ownership style leadership around here,in my IMO. But O.J. is going to be a legit NBA player. And if he stays at USC one more year, it is going to be fun watching this kid get better and better.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 03:34 PM   #14
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

I think he has the most skills out of all the Players this is my order

Oj mayo
Beasley
Derick Rose
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 03:48 PM   #15
d_white089
Let's Go.....

He's a beast that is for sure. He went to Huntington High in West Virginia. Didn't get kicked out anywhere, just decided to come home. Huntington High should have never lost a game with him, Chris Early, and Patrick Patterson(Kentucky). Best HS team in the world last year.
d_white089 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: