Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Maeru Perinawa Achali TaLvsCuaL's Avatar

Default Re: Which Continent Has The Best Food

Quote Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
    Mediterranean is a good choice. One of my favorite continents.

The European side is good enough.

South Europe / Mediterranean >>>>

I think the Mediterranean countries are considered European unless you're including Turkey.

I think it's a dead heat between European and Asian. My tastes tend more towards European but I do like Asian and Middle Eastern/African as well.

The two posters above me ^ (above rufdawg actually)... if you're from that region of the world, naturally you'll be biased. Obvious homer pick. You didn't see me pick North America. I picked the dark continent. BTW, what's so great about this Mediterranean cuisine? What's in that Mediterranean waters that got people giving such high praise? Must be some tasty cooter swimming in them salty waters. The Mediterranean has a unique PH level compared to many other seas and oceans of the world. Hell, if it's salt you want... just dump this shit on your meal.

Problem solved.

"I LOVE salt!"

The two posters above me ^ (above rufdawg actually)... if you're from that region of the world, naturally you'll be biased. Obvious homer pick. You didn't see me pick North America. I picked the dark continent. BTW, what's so great about this Mediterranean cuisine? What's in that Mediterranean waters that got people giving such high praise? Must be some tasty cooter swimming in them salty waters. The Mediterranean has a unique PH level compared to many other seas and oceans of the world. Hell, if it's salt you want... just dump this shit on your meal.

Problem solved.

"I LOVE salt!"

Well yea im from Bosnia/Croatia (south europe), im trying not to be biased... have tried it all, lived in Germany & Denmark, traveled all across Europe, last time i was in Paris the voted best restaurants funny enough consist of mostly South European dishes... Austria has nice food aswell and Norway has some nice fish dishes (Salmon, my favorite fish, has the biggest population there in Europe afterall) and some other countries have some nice food they are known for, but its just one dimensional.... overall its South Europe, trust me, vast versatility & originality, the food culture in South Europe is renowned in Europe ... and im just spoiled everyday with my south euro grandma :)

But i love asian food aswell!
    Last edited by pauk; 12-05-2012 at 01:25 PM.

Maeru Perinawa Achali TaLvsCuaL's Avatar

Problem solved.

"I LOVE salt!"

Maybe I'm biased but every opinion is biased. Nobody in the world can get rid of their prejudices, and their influences.

The Mediterranean cuisine is the healthiest in the world along with some Asians food.

It has an amazing variety, much more than any other. In my region there are thousands of different dishes, and every small town village has its own recipes, dishes, etc.

Also has the right balance of spice, not too spicy, not too spiceless.

It's simply impossible for me to compile a list since that signature dishes from all around the world have borrowed so much from each other. How do you even separate what from what?

Without trying to figuring out if a North American dish came from Asia or Africa, I would have to say they are underrated. You have plenty of Mexican dishes, the Caribbean and Canada and America's modern entries.

I wouldn't know where to start, honestly.
    Last edited by Just2McFly; 12-05-2012 at 01:25 PM.

Asian but I haven't tried much European food other than Greek and Italian

Gotta go wit European, asian doesnt fit my taste.

Would objectively have to go with asia because of the sheer variety. Personally would go with north america. Chicago syle pizza, good ol sirloin steak, philly cheese steak, spicy buffalo wings, steak poutine etc

Quote Originally Posted by Stuckey
    Asian but I haven't tried much European food other than Greek and Italian
    Trying Greek food before Balkan food or Turkish food is like seeing only Kobe first but not see Jordan... its great, but its a copycat poorer mans version of the best/original...

I think its a shame, because Greece is the most popular tourist place around here and so people will be basing their assumptions on actual stolen poor mans balkan/turkish food without trying the best (99.9% is stolen Balkan, Turkish and Middle-Eastern food).... what is worse is they put their own names on those foods.. Tzatziki, Moussaka, Aginaro and so on...
    Last edited by pauk; 12-05-2012 at 01:53 PM.

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

every food type in close to authentic form can be found in North America

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    I think the Mediterranean countries are considered European unless you're including Turkey.

I think it's a dead heat between European and Asian. My tastes tend more towards European but I do like Asian and Middle Eastern/African as well.
    Lebanon, Egypt, Syria, etc are Mediterranean. This is why you see a lot similarity between Greek, Turkish and Lebanese food.

I remember during the Iraq War, a Middle East expert was explaining that to understand Iraqi culture, you have to understand Mediterranean honor cultures like in Sicily. This is why before we went to a counterinsurgency posture our tactics were counter-productive. Iragis have a similar sense of honor where you have a vendetta to restore your families honor, so we were making enemies since any mistake we made was then magnified by the victim's family turned against us.
    Last edited by KevinNYC; 12-05-2012 at 03:28 PM.

5-time NBA All-Star

Greek food is most definitely better than Balkan food.

pauk u fukkin delusional nutcase 40% of my colleagues heil from kosovo yugoslavia albania bosnia romania, and WOW ZOMG cevapi and burek HOW UTTERLY OUT OF dis world. Not.

Greece got more good schtuff.

College star

Easily Europe. Most versatility, biggest innovator, lots of tradition. It's also underrated in so far that the regional traditional meals are unknown to most but usually extremely delicious.