Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 07-09-2019, 05:10 PM   #16
dd24
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: 2019 Off Season Moves

They still have to take back roughly the same amount of money. They would likely prefer it to be shorter deals. I'm not sure if Miami can clear the space to do it. I think it takes a 1st round pick. I just wonder if Westbrook and Griffin can exist together. I suppose he did with CP3 and that's another guy that needs the ball in his hands. Not much of a different team from the Clippers at that point. Dre and Jordan are very similar. The Pistons probably aren't quite as deep. I would almost not want to give up Doumbouya. I'd rather be in the spot that OKC is in a way. A bunch of 1st round picks. Just blow it up and rebuild the right way. The scary thing is if it doesn't work out there is nothing that can be done for at least 3 years and from there you would need to build through the draft. It would take a decade to make the team relevant again.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 06:43 PM   #17
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

Geez Bruce Brown has looked GREAT at PG in Summer League so far. I know he started mostly at SG last year, but he legit looks like he could play heavy minutes as backup PG this year.

Ppg: 13.5
Rpg: 8.0
Apg: 8.2
Spg: 1.5
Bpg: 1.5

Has looked confident, and has often made the right pass at the right time. Looks in control.
Aussie Dunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 02:16 AM   #18
dd24
NBA lottery pick

Remember Austin Daye? lol

Looks like we missed out on Westbrook. Could be a good thing. Who knows.
Old 07-13-2019, 05:36 AM   #19
dd24
NBA lottery pick

Brown was ranked #6 https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...e=other#slide3 I feel like this summer league is just not as good. Too many top players from college sat out. That's just odd.

One this I find funny is Detroit was in all those rumors to take on Westbrook's contract. They definitely aren't in the trade rumors for Chris Paul. I would imagine Blake Griffin wants nothing to do with that lol.
Old 07-13-2019, 12:00 PM   #20
dd24
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Another name to watch is Pau Gasol. The Pistons have interest in him, a person with firsthand knowledge of the situation told the Free Press. A partnership could be natural, considering Pistons vice chairman Arn Tellem is Gasolís former agent. Tellem attended Gasolís wedding last weekend. Ė via Detroit Free Press

Also heard on ESPN they do have interest in Chris Paul....
Old 07-14-2019, 05:45 PM   #21
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

Gasol on the vet min would be a handy addition behind Dre, but I was kind of hoping to see more Maker at C, and even Markeiff in some small ball rotations.

Maker / Markeif / Sekou all battling for backup minutes - Sekou can slide to the 3 with his athleticism - but you would think with Pau, either one of Maker or Morris will be out of the rotation?...
Aussie Dunker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: