Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast
    Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Default Re: Who should Pistons draft in 2013 NBA Draft?

If we got Bogut I think we look for some more shooting at SG off the bench as English is no sure thing -

Or even a young defensive big man to back up Monroe / Dre

Decent college freshman

It wouldn't be that small of a lineup actually.

Decent college freshman

If we are going after Boston players, I'd rather get Jeff Green I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    If we are going after Boston players, I'd rather get Jeff Green I think.
    Would be a PERFECT fit at SF for our young team, no ego as well and is a hard worker. Very versatile game, great defender also...

But not sure how we would get him without giving up one of our young core

I still don't understand what part of Josh Smith will help us. Why would he work on our team? He isn't a PF, he isn't a SF. He's some weird middle area. He can't space the floor and even when he does, he's not a good 3 point shooter. That has been evident throughout his career, yet he kept chucking until last year.

He is a headache. A premadonna. I don't know the solution for the Pistons, but putting 12+mil into Josh Smith is NOT a good idea. Feels like a CV, Ben Gordon, do something so it doesn't look like Joe D is sitting on his hands.

Just scrap it out for another year and then throw the bank at Lebron hey?... He would actually be a very good fit on this current lineup. Knight would be the perfect starting PG for someone like Lebron - and would have plenty of rim protection with Drummond...

As if that's happening though...
    Last edited by Aussie Dunker; 07-06-2013 at 01:26 AM.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    Would be a PERFECT fit at SF for our young team, no ego as well and is a hard worker. Very versatile game, great defender also...

But not sure how we would get him without giving up one of our young core
    They might take Knight, which I'd do. He has a big salary and they are rebuildilng and we could take back another salary like Lee.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by ZMonkey11
    I still don't understand what part of Josh Smith will help us. Why would he work on our team? He isn't a PF, he isn't a SF. He's some weird middle area. He can't space the floor and even when he does, he's not a good 3 point shooter. That has been evident throughout his career, yet he kept chucking until last year.

He is a headache. A premadonna. I don't know the solution for the Pistons, but putting 12+mil into Josh Smith is NOT a good idea. Feels like a CV, Ben Gordon, do something so it doesn't look like Joe D is sitting on his hands.
    To be fair, Josh Smith is a much better player than CV or Gordon. He's a top 30 or so player in this league and one of its very best defenders. He isn't a great fit as a SF, I fully admit it. OTOH, I feel like with him,Drummond and Monroe up front, we are going to play very good defense as a team, outrebound you and outscore you in the paint. That's not a bad recipe for winning games. You just need your guards to rain 3s at that point.

To be fair, Josh Smith is a much better player than CV or Gordon. He's a top 30 or so player in this league and one of its very best defenders. He isn't a great fit as a SF, I fully admit it. OTOH, I feel like with him,Drummond and Monroe up front, we are going to play very good defense as a team, outrebound you and outscore you in the paint. That's not a bad recipe for winning games. You just need your guards to rain 3s at that point.
    Oh no doubt he is much more effective player than BG or CV. Kid is a beast, fills up the stat line. I'd love to have two big men that can cut through the passing lanes for transition buckets. (Drummond is so surprisingly good at that, its frightening)

I'm scared of players that have egos, though. And Josh Smith has an ego. And my argument is when Joe D pulled off the signing of BG/CV, he did it to do something. Josh Smith is two tiers above either player, but I see 6-8 seeds with him on our squad, no higher. The signing would be the same thing, making a move to make a move.

Regardless of the results this year, I think it's time for Joe D to go and get some new blood in. We've done a good job developing one draft pick since god knows when (Monroe).

I say we role out with our squad this year, maybe trying to trade for a stellar point guard or signing Jeff Teague. Get a good draft pick next year so we can get a potential All-Star. Try and make a big move for LeBron (I know...) and if that doesn't work, we have a STELLAR set of young talent that should be in position to make playoff runs and develop with each other.

I hate saying "let's develop young talent" since that's all we've been trying to do lately, but we finally have the pieces in place to do it and I have A LOT of hope for this team without making a stupid signing to save someone's job.

Opinions? I could be way off. :P
    Last edited by ZMonkey11; 07-06-2013 at 02:23 PM.

And this could be way way way weird, but why not resign Chauncey Billups to start for us. Slow the game down, run the offense through him and Monroe (who is really good at passing). Then, have a dose of Knight come up off the bench. (You can see I like the idea of Knight coming off the bench, ala The Microwave)

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by ZMonkey11

I say we role out with our squad this year, maybe trying to trade for a stellar point guard or signing Jeff Teague. Get a good draft pick next year so we can get a potential All-Star. Try and make a big move for LeBron (I know...) and if that doesn't work, we have a STELLAR set of young talent that should be in position to make playoff runs and develop with each other.

I hate saying "let's develop young talent" since that's all we've been trying to do lately, but we finally have the pieces in place to do it and I have A LOT of hope for this team without making a stupid signing to save someone's job.

Opinions? I could be way off. :P
    There's not a lot of guys I want to spend a ton of money on either. This free agent class doesn't get me excited. It just wasn't a good year to have a ton of cap space (and a lottery pick....). I think we need to go out there with our young guys and let them play. If we end up with a lottery pick next year then so be it. I'd rather have that pick next year than to give it to Charlotte anyway.

NBA lottery pick

Nevermind that last post. I didn't realize that we signed Smith.

NBA lottery pick

It looks like Calderon is going to sign with Dallas. I'm glad we didn't give him a contract like that.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...162022874.html

Decent college freshman

I guess we officially offered Knight and one of the expriring deals for Rondo.

NBA lottery pick

I guess we officially offered Knight and one of the expriring deals for Rondo.
    Yeah, I read that too. I think Rondo is definitely one of the best PG's in the game. I'm not sure how well he would fit on this team though. Rondo is a very bad outside shooter. With Smith, Monroe, and Drummond I think we need someone who can shoot outside and space the court. Anyway around it I think Boston would want a 1st round pick and we don't have one to give up.