Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 03-24-2008, 12:58 AM   #1
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Blow up the whole team

Get rid of the coach and every single player on this team. No one should be "untouchable". Start with firing Boylan immediately after the season is over and start the search for a new REAL coach and hire him by the night of the draft so him and Paxson can discuss what direction to take this team in.

Offfer everyone or anyone to any team that will take these players for a real all-star player. Give up Deng, Gordon, Hinrich, Gooden, Hughes, Noah, Thomas, etc. I don't care who it is... get that all-star player that the Bulls have been missing since John Paxson took over. Draft someone good this time. Not another "hard working" player who will take work to develop. Draft someone who will be ready to come in immediately and make an impact.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 04:41 AM   #2
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation
Default Re: Blow up the whole team

easier said than done
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:48 PM   #3
MaCC2MuCh
dont blink or i get by

MaCC2MuCh has decent reputation

were all frustrated true indeed but u can't get rid of everyone in one year but yes this core needs to be rebuilt.deng is the only one I'd keep but if there is an offer out there for a true allstar and they want deng then he's gotta go.we can only do so much in one off season but we can at least get rid of 5 players or even 6. And get some guys in here who want to win and give a damn about competing unlike these losers anymore
MaCC2MuCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:56 PM   #4
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

I don't think the whole Bulls team should be blown up. The 2 spots that need improvement are the PG and Center spot. Check out this article I was reading today.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....,1853522.story

This Bulls team needs to be more like the Celtics of last season: package the pick with one or two players and perhaps pick up a veteran point guard like Andre Miller. I could also see them pursuing a star player in perhaps a sign-and-trade with Washington for Gilbert Arenas, sort of a go-for-broke summer.

Perhaps Elton Brand tells the Clippers he won't re-sign and the Clippers cash in for a package that includes Hinrich, Andres Nocioni and the Bulls' first pick. And if Nene gets healthy, the Nuggets have to move someone.

When June comes, that lottery pick and some players will look more enticing to teams than it does now.

Wouldnt this be a nice lineup

PG-Miller
SG-Hughes
SF-Deng
PF-Gooden
C-Nene
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 07:17 PM   #5
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
I don't think the whole Bulls team should be blown up. The 2 spots that need improvement are the PG and Center spot. Check out this article I was reading today.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....,1853522.story

This Bulls team needs to be more like the Celtics of last season: package the pick with one or two players and perhaps pick up a veteran point guard like Andre Miller. I could also see them pursuing a star player in perhaps a sign-and-trade with Washington for Gilbert Arenas, sort of a go-for-broke summer.

Perhaps Elton Brand tells the Clippers he won't re-sign and the Clippers cash in for a package that includes Hinrich, Andres Nocioni and the Bulls' first pick. And if Nene gets healthy, the Nuggets have to move someone.

When June comes, that lottery pick and some players will look more enticing to teams than it does now.

PG-Miller
SG-Hughes
SF-Deng
PF-Gooden
C-Nene

Add Elton Brand to that lineup and that would be awesome.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 07:50 PM   #6
ILballa
Hemp Coach

ILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
Add Elton Brand to that lineup and that would be awesome.
yup
ILballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:24 AM   #7
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: Blow up the whole team

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle

PG-Miller
SG-Hughes
SF-Deng
PF-Gooden
C-Nene

I don't see how that is better than what we have now. There is no superstar, no one to take over games, no one to command a double-team in the post...

Adding Brand would greatly help, but I still think the Bulls need a dominant shooter/slasher than can finish at the rim with authority.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 01:33 AM   #8
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation

Yeah that team will probable be competitive until the 4th then break down. Just like this yr.

We need somebody that can finish games. Someone that has the respect of the refs, get calls and go to the line.

Even a guy like Magette can help Chicago. He's not a superstar, but he'll give you 20pts consistently. He gets his pts even on a bad night bec he can create his own shot and attacks the basket well and get tons of FTs.

Ofcourse, ideally a superstar will be great for chicago
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 09:56 AM   #9
marksmith
Can barely lace up my sneakers

marksmith has an OK reputation so far

What about picking up Andre Iguodala to run the point?

I'm still confident that Thomas is going to be better than Gooden and Noah if anyone can figure out how to fix the problems between his ears. Actually playing him more than 3-8 minutes a game might help, but what do I know...

But I think we can get a lot of value for Kirk, Gooden, Noah and our 1st pick and try and land a superstar in the offseason. Then if you can pickup Iguodala, I think you're golden. I know he's a off guard, but sometimes we play Gordon at the point, so its pretty clear we don't really care who handles the ball and how poorly they dribble anyway.
marksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 03:29 PM   #10
76ers4life
Decent playground baller

76ers4life has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksmith
What about picking up Andre Iguodala to run the point?

I'm still confident that Thomas is going to be better than Gooden and Noah if anyone can figure out how to fix the problems between his ears. Actually playing him more than 3-8 minutes a game might help, but what do I know...

But I think we can get a lot of value for Kirk, Gooden, Noah and our 1st pick and try and land a superstar in the offseason. Then if you can pickup Iguodala, I think you're golden. I know he's a off guard, but sometimes we play Gordon at the point, so its pretty clear we don't really care who handles the ball and how poorly they dribble anyway.
Their is no way your getting Iguodala he is off limits buddy. I don't know why you even mentioned that crap you must be drunk or high. Just because he smoked you guys a couple of days ago hell the whole team did dosen't mean he is going to be on your team next season. Reality check buddy he is still under contract and we are still working out a long term deal with him. I could see if he was a free-agent or something then you may have something to go on.
76ers4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 08:31 PM   #11
liverpooty
Local High School Star

liverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected poster

Im not a Bulls fan or anything, and was just scrolling along here but why did you get so upset at the thought of Iguodala playing for another team? You act like the guy is absolutely untouchable or something. Most of the time players atleast make one all-star team before they are considered " off limits ". Just thought I would inform you of that.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 09:42 PM   #12
DieHardBullsFan
Da Bulls! Da Bears!

DieHardBullsFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
Get rid of the coach and every single player on this team. No one should be "untouchable". Start with firing Boylan immediately after the season is over and start the search for a new REAL coach and hire him by the night of the draft so him and Paxson can discuss what direction to take this team in.

Offfer everyone or anyone to any team that will take these players for a real all-star player. Give up Deng, Gordon, Hinrich, Gooden, Hughes, Noah, Thomas, etc. I don't care who it is... get that all-star player that the Bulls have been missing since John Paxson took over. Draft someone good this time. Not another "hard working" player who will take work to develop. Draft someone who will be ready to come in immediately and make an impact.

I agree this has bee a very disappointing year for us......

this was the week to gain some ground and get to the 8th spot but they pissed it away by losing to Atlanta, Indy and Philly....its ****ing over and I just cant believe they would do this!......back to the old drawing board......Can someone say Arenas??
DieHardBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 03:12 PM   #13
76ers4life
Decent playground baller

76ers4life has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by liverpooty
Im not a Bulls fan or anything, and was just scrolling along here but why did you get so upset at the thought of Iguodala playing for another team? You act like the guy is absolutely untouchable or something. Most of the time players atleast make one all-star team before they are considered " off limits ". Just thought I would inform you of that.
Well let me inform you about something Igoudala is a young rising player in this league not an-allstar quite yet. So you took it a little too far with the all-star crap when he hasn't even reached his peak. Since you say he is not untouchable you tell me how many teams would give away their centerpiece of their franchise when they are rebuilding. And give me something better than that if they get an offer they can't refuse garbage because buddy I have heard that before.
76ers4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:05 AM   #14
marksmith
Can barely lace up my sneakers

marksmith has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ers4life
Well let me inform you about something Igoudala is a young rising player in this league not an-allstar quite yet. So you took it a little too far with the all-star crap when he hasn't even reached his peak. Since you say he is not untouchable you tell me how many teams would give away their centerpiece of their franchise when they are rebuilding. And give me something better than that if they get an offer they can't refuse garbage because buddy I have heard that before.

Hey Captain DBag, Iguodala is a RFA at the end of the season - meaning if the Bulls make a big deal for him, the 6ers, who have underachieved since the dawn of time, might sign and trade him OR, since they're not even ponying up the cash NOW to keep him, they might just let him walk. And if you're so confident that they wouldn't ever do that to you, why haven't they inked him yet? Oh yeah, because you don't have any control over anything.
marksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: