Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-27-2008, 08:54 PM   #31
hito da god
look that way >>>>

hito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Your favorite Outkast album?

Quote:
Originally Posted by playtetris
'speakerboxxx/love below' is a solid album. 'idlewild' isn't great (or even good), but i don't really count it as an official 'kast album. big boi's flow has changed a little, but not as much as his lyricism. nowadays he's far more proficient than he was back in the day. hell, he out-wrote 3stacks (IMO) in 'royal flush' (a feat which he'd never previously achieved).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FdVBMcrqY4
hito da god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 12:17 AM   #32
hito da god
look that way >>>>

hito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba
How come Outkast never gets any love though from hip-hop fans? Besides some of the more knowledgable guys like you all. Outkast is remembered for Hey Ya too much. When I tell people Andre3000 is one of the best emcees, they look at me like I'm crazy.
image.

most dudes don't have the balls to call a guy who dresses like that their favorite rapper
Old 12-28-2008, 03:56 AM   #33
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba
How come Outkast never gets any love though from hip-hop fans? Besides some of the more knowledgable guys like you all. Outkast is remembered for Hey Ya too much. When I tell people Andre3000 is one of the best emcees, they look at me like I'm crazy.
they do get a lot of love from hiphop fans but it's just that loads of hiphop fans like to go against the stream whatever it takes. as soon as someone becomes succesful, even if they do it 100% their owen way, they'll start hating it. hiphop fans always want to be underground etc. the only way you'll get all of them to like a certain artist is if the artist dies.

big l suddenly became everbody's favorite rapper and jdilla suddenly changed their lives. bull**** since 90% of them never heard ofbig l before he died and most of them were on premiers dick before they hopped on jdilla's dead weener.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 12:02 PM   #34
hito da god
look that way >>>>

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot
they do get a lot of love from hiphop fans but it's just that loads of hiphop fans like to go against the stream whatever it takes. as soon as someone becomes succesful, even if they do it 100% their owen way, they'll start hating it. hiphop fans always want to be underground etc. the only way you'll get all of them to like a certain artist is if the artist dies.

big l suddenly became everbody's favorite rapper and jdilla suddenly changed their lives. bull**** since 90% of them never heard ofbig l before he died and most of them were on premiers dick before they hopped on jdilla's dead weener.
nothing worse than the dilla stans. "dilla changed my life" i have something smart to say any time i see a herb with that t-shirt on. great producer but he's so overrated... it's funny what death can do to your legacy.
Old 12-28-2008, 12:07 PM   #35
playtetris
soundcloud->solarcism

playtetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hito da god
nothing worse than the dilla stans. "dilla changed my life" i have something smart to say any time i see a herb with that t-shirt on. great producer but he's so overrated... it's funny what death can do to your legacy.

people do tend to overrate him now. however, having said that, to me he's top 10 all time.

the group i despise the most is the nu-dilla stans who haven't heard anything beyond 'donuts', but read about his passing on pitchfork media and adopt him as their new favourite artist.
playtetris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:32 PM   #36
Vragrant
National High School Star

Vragrant is considered somewhat coolVragrant is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by starface
mystikal easily had the best verse on Neck of Da Woods and raekwon had the best verse on Skew It on the Bar B

outkast is another one of those "we rap about more than just gangster stuff so the underground overrates us like whoa" acts, similar to gza and common.

thats my word.

Well, when Outkast was on top, there really was no "underground". Underground was a term that evolved around 2000 roughly, once rap really went commercial around the late 90's (1997 to be exact IMO).
Vragrant is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: