Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-19-2011, 02:28 PM   #31
wheyhigh
Banned

wheyhigh is a pretty well-respected posterwheyhigh is a pretty well-respected posterwheyhigh is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Recently Graduated...

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
well play it smart. move to the state you want to go to school in and work there for a year before you enroll. honestly, even at 8k/year, a student should be able to get through college by working part-time during the year and full time during the summer with just a small amount of debt. Its students living beyond their means (eating out, going to bars, buying videogames, clothes they dont need, etc) that causes them to run up massive debt (other than going to an expensive school).
good advice but it's difficult to have a good stable job. i worked at a law firm as a runner, great job and even better pay for being 18 but my car couldn't take 100 miles every day and i got to the point where i was going to start losing money on repairs so i had no other option but to resign. i've been looking for a job everyday now and even though i have GREAT references(attorneys, school principals, teachers, etc) and a nice resume, I have yet to get a call back.
wheyhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: