Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman08 24
    I want the Lakers to draft White. Not because he's good but because he's an incredible athlete and a dunker.
    Lakers always screw up their drafts. Their drafting history is terrible.
    At least White could be a crowd pleaser and a dunk champion. That's why I want him on the Lakers.
    Will he be good? IDK, I've never seen him play. But I do know that boy can dunk
    I beg to differ with that statement....but James White would be a nice roll of the dice. Hopefully the Lakes would be able to turn him into a solid basketball player.

Not airballing my layups anymore yourhero's Avatar

I'm glad to see my Pacers picked him up, still dont know whats up with the Shawne Williams pick. I'd of liked to see Marcus W.

Serious playground baller Wicked_1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yourhero
    I'm glad to see my Pacers picked him up, still dont know whats up with the Shawne Williams pick. I'd of liked to see Marcus W.

i agree i was wondering why they drafted Shawne Williams Marcus Williams is solid and so is Jordan Farmar

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease SixerFan03's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Allen Iverson. In the end, all that guy really has going for him is his blazing speed.
    Not really. Iverson plays with deceptive speed. He changed speeds and moves in ways to get by his opponents. You can't beat your man by going as fast as you can (unless the defender is really slow).

Saw a basketball once Pointguard01's Avatar

Is James White still the biggest steal of the draft even though he's not on the Lakers?

Or was that the stipulation for him being a steal?

Learning to shoot layups supercybergeek's Avatar

[QUOTE=Unregistered]Ok.
    Here are some examples: Vince Carter. Sure he has a respectable outside shot, but really the guy has no heart, plays no D, but he sure can jump (at least he used to). Allen Iverson. In the end, all that guy really has going for him is his blazing speed. Tony Parker. The same. Jason Richardson. Good foot speed, crazy vertical, decent jumper. Do I need to go on?

QUOTE]

O.k you can argue that Vince has no heart, but Iverson only has speed going for him? Come on, the guy has lead the leauge in scoring multiple times, you think Iverson doens't know how to play ball? Not to mention hes always on top of the leauge in steals.

Default ...

Talk about blinded by hype. Quit hiding behind unregistered cause this give you no credibilty whatsoever.

Unregistered1
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard01
    Is James White still the biggest steal of the draft even though he's not on the Lakers?

Or was that the stipulation for him being a steal?

No, now Farmar is the biggest steal of the draft. What happened before was that I read in the LA Times that the Lakers were interested in White. Naturally, dumbass Laker fans like me have to post in all the basketball forums how great our potential draftee is, regardless if we have ever witnessed him playing a single game. How could we when we are so busy kissing Kobe's ass? Of course, I don't want to look stupid, so I will say the White will still be a great player even though the Lakers passed on him. Oh crap, that doesn't make sense. How about this, I meant to say Farmar, but accidently typed White? Okay, does that sound plausible enough to erase the perception that I am a retard?

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Saw a basketball once Pointguard01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered1
    No, now Farmar is the biggest steal of the draft. What happened before was that I read in the LA Times that the Lakers were interested in White. Naturally, dumbass Laker fans like me have to post in all the basketball forums how great our potential draftee is, regardless if we have ever witnessed him playing a single game. How could we when we are so busy kissing Kobe's ass? Of course, I don't want to look stupid, so I will say the White will still be a great player even though the Lakers passed on him. Oh crap, that doesn't make sense. How about this, I meant to say Farmar, but accidently typed White? Okay, does that sound plausible enough to erase the perception that I am a retard?
    Considering you are "unregistered" all it would take is to create a username and that perception is gone....

I rule the local playground eauclaire447's Avatar

hey my pacer may never get to the playoffs again....but atleast they will have a 50/50 chance of winning the dunk title.......jones/white! that makes it feel so much better!

Val Leppert
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default James White

I had a chance to work out with James White a few times in Atlanta during the summer of 2005. He is a pleasant kid who works hard on refining his game - including the weights.

He reminds me of a young Eddie Jones as he should be able develop into a terrific perimeter defender on the pro level.

He went back to UC to refine his game - I think he showed improved maturity and basketball IQ on the court this past season. While his critics in this forum make vaild points, we should remember that many athletic swing players who developed into NBA scorers weren't necessarilly great NCAA scorers due to style of play and true zone defenses on the collegiate level.

I don't t think that White was the best player in the draft but he certainly was the biggest steal - only time will tell who's right or wrong on this one. I agree that Phoenix would have been a great fit due to style of play; and the Lakers would have been a good fit as well with Jackson favoring Big Guards (eg. Ron Harper, Brian Shaw) . His defensive abilities and open court play would have been a nice complement to Bryant. Let's just hope that the Pacers find a way to develop him into the player he is capable of becoming.

Val Leppert

Atlanta, GA

Dunking on everybody in the park InLebronWeTrust's Avatar

how can marcus williams not be the steal in the draft? TOP pg prospect who went 24th i believe. I could be mistaken. But very close to that

Quote Originally Posted by InLebronWeTrust
    how can marcus williams not be the steal in the draft? TOP pg prospect who went 24th i believe. I could be mistaken. But very close to that
    i agree, marcus williams was probably the biggest steal in the draft...Pacers should have taken him

Good High School Starter

My Raptors pick of P.J. Tucker may also be a candidate for the steal of the draft.