Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

Default Lets Be Real: The overrating of Wade's 2011 Finals performance has to STOP!

There is nothing more sick than hearing wade fans and dumb basketball fans whore over Wade's performance without any clue of what's going on.

Over the last couple of days, he have had fans claim, oh Wade is the best Finals performer, Wade is better than Jordan/Kobe in Finals performance.

Its time to put his performance in perspective.

In the last 16 years, here are the teams that made it to the finals with their defensive rating. Wade has played two of them. He has never played a team with a top 5 defense in the Finals. He has played the same soft Mavs who have no legit bigs twice.

1. 1998-99 San Antonio Spurs - 95.0
    2. 2003-04 Detroit Pistons Roster - 95.4
    3. 1998-99 New York Knickerbockers - 97.5
    5. 2002-03 New Jersey Nets - 98.1
    6. 1999-00 Los Angeles Lakers - 98.2
    7. 2004-05 San Antonio Spurs - 98.8
    8. 2000-01 Philadelphia 76ers - 98.9
    9. 2007-08 Boston Celtics - 98.9
    10. 2001-02 New Jersey - 99.5
    11. 2002-03 San Antonio Spurs - 99.7
    12. 1997-98 Chicago Bulls - 99.8
    13. 2006-07 San Antonio Spurs - 99.9
    14. 2004-05 Detroit Pistons - 101.2
    15. 2003-04 Los Angeles Lakers - 101.3
    16. 2006-07 Cleveland Cavaliers -101.3
    17. 2001-02 Los Angeles Lakers - 101.7
    18. 1995-96 Chicago Bulls - 101.8
    19. 2008-09 Orlando Magic - 101.9
    20. 1995-96 Seattle SuperSonics - 102.1
    21. 1996-97 Chicago Bulls - 102.4
    22. 2010-11 Miami Heat - 103.5
    23. 1999-00 Indiana Pacers - 103.6
    24. 2009-10 Los Angeles Lakers - 103.7
    25. 2009-10 Boston Celtics - 103.8
    26. 1996-97 Utah Jazz - 104.0
    27. 2005-06 Miami Heat - 104.5
    28. 2008-09 Los Angeles Lakers - 104.7
    29. 2000-01 Los Angeles Lakers - 104.8
    30. 2005-06 Dallas Mavericks - 105.0
    31. 2010-11 Dallas Mavericks - 105.0

32. 1997-98 Utah Jazz - 105.4
    33. 2007-08 Los Angeles Lakers - 105.5

Wade has had the luxury to play against the worst defensive team in the last decade that has made the finals. And probably the worst interior defense that has made the finals EVER!

There's no interior defense what so ever, no shot blockers, nothing.
    This is why you hear JVG always shouting, Where are the Dallas bigs? Where are they? The lanes are always wide open, no help. Its almost comical and yet people fail to understand that.

Secondly, Wade is a one dimensional scorer. Easily shut down. He scores all his points through pick and rolls. He had a bad series even against the sixers because they had good defensive bigs that knew how to play the pick and roll and could defend the paint.

Mavs do not.

Here is what happens during these pick and rolls. Wade uses the pick and roll with bosh, Chandler rolls all the way OUT there(which is bad.) Then all Wade does is drive past chandler and after that. NO one comes to help, Dirk soft self just stands there and Wade comes and lay it in. Its the same terrible defense, all wade does is rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat.

This is why you heard JVG every game saying, WHERE ARE THE DALLAS BIGS! WHERE ARE THE DALLAS BIGS! Wade is dominating mav's poor defense. But was shut down by chicago why? Because when he used the pick and roll with bosh, noah didn't roll all the way out, nor did he sag too far back.

He had distance between him and wade, which means if Wade decides to take a jumper, he can contest it, if he decides to drive (Which is what he wants to do) He can stop the drive and block his shot attempt. The Wade P&R was useless against chicago and that's why wade was shutdown.

I have said it time and time again, Wade is a one dimensional scorer. If he can't get to the rim, he resorts to pump fakes to get to the free throw line. The reason wade is non-existent in the Clutch and have to take those foolish threes and misses them. Its because in the clutch, the mavs switch to the zone.

This negates all of wades attempts to drive. Because the lane is completely clogged. He also sometimes hard doubles him. This is why Wade has SO MANY late turnovers in the 4th quarter. This is why he's getting shut down in the clutch.

This is mainly why he can't crack 40. He has no jump-shot.

If he doesn't get to the rim he is useless. Now you say, but Lebron? He's having a bad series. Lebron has relied on his jumper all playoffs, now he is crumbling under the pressure of the finals and performing to Jordan's standard. He lacks mental fortitude, Because of that, his jumpers have been shaky. If you watch the games closes, kidd doesn't even contest his threes anymore. Its almost comical and he still misses them!

Lebron James shines when nobody expects him to, like against boston, against chicago. Everybody said he would choke etc...

Do you remember the return game in Cleveland this year? Everybody expected him to choke in the moment of ultimate hate and pressure. He DESTROYED them. It was because nobody expected him to do it, everybody said he would crumble into the fetal position.

But when people began comparing him to Jordan he shrinks and disappears because the pressure to perform to that level is too great. Its in his mind when he shoots. Like 2007 in the finals and last year.

When Pipen said he going to surpass Jordan, his exceptions flew into the headlines. Everyone expected him to hit every shot he took, the pressure and expectations were high, so he just died on the court.

In conclusion: Wade isn't doing anything special, he is just exploiting BAD BAD interior defense.
    Last edited by Bladers; 06-11-2011 at 03:14 PM.

Default Re: Lets Be Real: The over ration of Wade's Finals performance has to STOP!

Quote Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
    Never thought id see u post on this account again (thought it was perma banned)

bladers one of the original kobe stan big 3 has returned
    TheLogo
    Grriffmoney
    Bladers

I rule the local playground Ronaldinho's Avatar

Default Re: Lets Be Real: The over ration of Wade's Finals performance has to STOP!

Quote Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
    Never thought id see u post on this account again (thought it was perma banned)

bladers one of the original kobe stan big 3 has returned
    who is the big 3?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldinho
    who is the big 3?
    TheLogo
    Grriffmoney
    Bladers
    O.G original ganstas

ISH' Muslim Community LEFT4DEAD's Avatar

Default Re: Lets Be Real: The overrating of Wade's 2011 Finals performance has to STOP!

2006 Finals are historic because of 0:2 comback let alone every game. This year's finals have been one of the lowest scoring all time with great defences on both sides and Wade is still averaging Jordanesque performance and stats with high efficiency.

So you can continue to suck Kobe's dick, as I guess thats what have you been doing all this time without posting shit after Lakers' lose and Miami's advancing to the finals. I guess you will be back on that after Heat take two more at home.

Over the last couple of days, he have had fans claim, oh Wade is the best Finals performer, Wade is better than Jordan/Kobe in Finals performance.
    And yeah, at putting Kobe in the same sentence with top 5 finals performers ever. What number is Kobe, under or over 50?

Quote Originally Posted by 8BeastlyXOIAD
    TheLogo
    Grriffmoney
    Bladers
    the three greats

NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Lets Be Real: The overrating of Wade's 2011 Finals performance has to STOP!

The fact that you mad a post that long in attempt to denounce Wade's play is kind of pathetic.

Not airballing my layups anymore Xabit's Avatar

Hulk is one of my favorite posters he is really good

I rule the local playground Ronaldinho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xabit
    Hulk is one of my favorite posters he is really good
    Agreed.I like that phong guy too.

Made that high school varsity squad pmj's Avatar

Considering what Kobe and Lebron did/are doing against the Mavs this year, how can you not say it's a great performance?

Defensive ratings are great and all, but you have a direct comparison versus what pretty much the other consensus top 2 players in the league did.

From 'Bladers' to 'Hulk Hogan to "The Decision' and back to 'Bladers'... how and WHY does this nerd continue to get unbanned?

Not airballing my layups anymore Xabit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    From 'Bladers' to 'Hulk Hogan to "The Decision' and back to 'Bladers'... how and WHY does this nerd continue to get unbanned?
    because he actually contributes to this forum unlike other ppl

Quote Originally Posted by Xabit
    because he actually contributes to this forum unlike other ppl
    Contribute to what, irrelevance?

Banned

So this is the infamous Bladers?

Nice to meet you Hulk..my bad I mean my nig

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    So this is the infamous Bladers?

Nice to meet you Hulk..my bad I mean my nig
    Why did you delete your post from the other thread?