Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: NBA players giving props to Jeremy Lin

Quote Originally Posted by ganja0710
    So just because their stats are similar, that means that x player and y player are similar in terms of talent, skill, ability. Gotcha.
    I've watched all 3 games. His game has a lot of similarities to Rose... and even the broadcasters in all 3 games mentioned it. Stop being stubborn retards. I didn't say it will sustain or that he's equal to Rose. I'm saying the style of game he plays reminds me of Rose .

He's a drive and dish style PG with excellent quickness and ability to break players down off the dribble. He's also a similar size to Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Last 3 games... he's putting up a similarity score almost identical to Rose. 25, 8. Who put up those exact numbers to win MVP last year? I didn't say it will sustain. I said these last 3 games his play style reminds me of Rose.
    They read off a stat last night and said Lin ranks dead last in FG% at the rim. Doesnt sound like an efficient version of Rose to me. Far from it.

#HEATNATION

I've watched all 3 games. His game has a lot of similarities to Rose... and even the broadcasters in all 3 games mentioned it. Stop being stubborn retards. I didn't say it will sustain or that he's equal to Rose. I'm saying the style of game he plays reminds me of Rose .

He's a drive and dish style PG with excellent quickness and ability to break players down off the dribble. He's also a similar size to Rose.
    What the ****? Lol the hell kind of argument ofor a comparison is that... Just non sense. You clearly havent seen all three games, not even one probably. No way in hell you'd watch a Knicks vs. Wizards game. Just throwing out random comparisons to try and put a word in.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    They read off a stat last night and said Lin ranks dead last in FG% at the rim. Doesnt sound like an efficient version of Rose to me. Far from it.
    Well.... he's shooting 50+ percent the last 3 games right? That's what I meant by efficiency. Regardless... when I watch him play I think of Derrick Rose. His first step, quickness and drive and dish game. I don't know why it's a big deal to say he reminds me of Rose

#HEATNATION

Well.... he's shooting 50+ percent the last 3 games right? That's what I meant by efficiency. Regardless... when I watch him play I think of Derrick Rose. His first step, quickness and drive and dish game. I don't know why it's a big deal to say he reminds me of Rose
    Because thats too much of a stretch? Clearly.

What the ****? Lol the hell kind of argument ofor a comparison is that... Just non sense. You clearly havent seen all three games, not even one probably. No way in hell you'd watch a Knicks vs. Wizards game. Just throwing out random comparisons to try and put a word in.
    Why wouldn't I watch a Knicks vs Wizards game? I watched more of that game than I did the shit*y Clippers game last night.

Because thats too much of a stretch? Clearly.
    That's your opinion... and I can have mine. THANKS!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Rose is really nothing like Lin. Lin, in the last couple games, has ran the PnR very well, finding his teammates open behind the 3pt line over and over, throwing lobs, and finishing/shooting with finesse. He's really nothing like Rose who sucks at running a PnR, and uses his amazing athleticism and jumping ability to attack the rim and finish.

No shit Lin is quick. Has there ever been a decent point guard who wasn't.. quick? Does Dwight Howard play like Pau Gasol because they are both tall?

You said a more efficient version of Rose.

#HEATNATION

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Rose is really nothing like Lin. Lin, in the last couple games, has ran the PnR very well, finding his teammates open behind the 3pt line over and over, throwing lobs, and finishing/shooting with finesse. He's really nothing like Rose who sucks at running a PnR, and uses his amazing athleticism and jumping ability to attack the rim and finish.

No shit Lin is quick. Has there ever been a decent point guard who wasn't.. quick? Does Dwight Howard play like Pau Gasol because they are both tall?
    Hey man, thats his opinion... Leave him alone.

The PNR differences has to do with personnel . Chandler has been one of the best PNR bigs for years.

Original ISH CLTHornet CLTHornets4eva's Avatar

Sample size way too small.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    You said a more efficient version of Rose.
    How often does Rose shoot 50 percent? Lin HAS played more efficiently these last 3 games. Which is all I was saying. We are talking about a 3 game stretch. Not the past or future.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

The PNR differences has to do with personnel . Chandler has been one of the best PNR bigs for years.
    Boozer and Deron KILLED the PnR in Utah. No excuses. The PnR just isn't one of Rose's strengths. He doesn't know how to hesitate and give his big man time to roll or step out for a shot.. he attacks so hard that by the time his dude turns his head for a pass the other team is already inbounding the ball.

Boozer and Deron KILLED the PnR in Utah. No excuses. The PnR just isn't one of Rose's strengths. He doesn't know how to hesitate and give his big man time to roll or step out for a shot.. he attacks so hard that by the time his dude turns his head for a pass the other team is already inbounding the ball.
    Just wondering if you've watched Boozer the last couple years at all? . Jeremy Lin may have his differences. A bit smarter, a bit more finesse... but there are no question many similarities to Rose as well these last 3 games. Will it last? Probably not. Is he equal to Rose even in this 3 game stretch? Maybe not.