Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 08-25-2006, 01:41 PM   #1
Smurf
I brick open layups

Default Bonzi?

I think if Heat has to repeat they still need to add a little bit more geniune talent because your players are 1 year older.
Maybe Pat should pursue Riley
Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 03:19 PM   #2
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

i realli like da heats but they arent gonna repeat again they are a good team but teams have and gotten better but they will cause ppl to wonder n the playoffs
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 12:36 AM   #3
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

Why add a volatile personality to a championship team?

They don't need him.
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 11:19 AM   #4
BFRESH44
College star

^ In addition to that, Riles already made it clear that he will not go over the tax threshold.
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 01:36 PM   #5
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan4zindagi
Why add a volatile personality to a championship team?

They don't need him.

Volatile personality? You mean like Payton???? Think about what you said... haha

I think Bonzi might be a good fit... not for the money he wants... but if he wants to contend for a championship, he should be grateful to join the Heat.

I think the likes of Riles, Shaq and Zo would keep Bonzi in check and ensure that he contributes to the team.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 02:21 PM   #6
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

Everyone keeps saying how their old and won't last, but there's really no reason why this team can't last for another 4-5 years. Zo is 36, and Shaq 34. Bigs can last till their 40s, I don't think they'll be as dominant at that age, but they can still play. Wade is 24, and obviously he'll be around 10+. Williams is 31 and Walker 30, so they can play for a while. I don't they'll compete for a title for real 2 years from now when Shaq hits his real downhill, but they'll be good.

They don't need Wells.
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 04:32 PM   #7
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532
Everyone keeps saying how their old and won't last, but there's really no reason why this team can't last for another 4-5 years. Zo is 36, and Shaq 34. Bigs can last till their 40s, I don't think they'll be as dominant at that age, but they can still play. Wade is 24, and obviously he'll be around 10+. Williams is 31 and Walker 30, so they can play for a while. I don't they'll compete for a title for real 2 years from now when Shaq hits his real downhill, but they'll be good.

They don't need Wells.

I'd be willing to bet you $1,000 that neither Zo or Shaq will be in the NBA playing in another 5 years... care to make that bet?
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 04:52 PM   #8
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532

They don't need Wells.

Another 4-5 years is pushing it. I'd say 2 years tops. They would have to start adding some significant pieces after that.

Payton is done after this year. At the most, I can see Zo playing 2 more years, my guess being he retires after this year. Shaq has, IMO, 1-2 years of being the dominant game changing player he is. 3-4 years is all he has left in the tank, barring anymore injury problems. Williams and Walker are decent, but their value goes down if they don't have a dominant Shaq drawing away attention.

This is not to say the Heat won't be a good team or a championship contender in the future. They have a nice young core with Wade, Haslem and Wright. But if they're counting on this current squad to go another 4-5 years, without any significant additions, then we're looking at a lottery team.

I'm sure Riley won't let that happen.
Old 08-26-2006, 04:55 PM   #9
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Volatile personality? You mean like Payton???? Think about what you said... haha

I think Bonzi might be a good fit... not for the money he wants... but if he wants to contend for a championship, he should be grateful to join the Heat.

I think the likes of Riles, Shaq and Zo would keep Bonzi in check and ensure that he contributes to the team.

Payton is a vet that knows his role on this team. He has a great relationship with Shaq and Riley and he knows his time in the league is coming to an end.

Can't say the same for Bonzi.
Old 08-27-2006, 04:19 PM   #10
Amare32
Decent playground baller

As teams have proved in the past when you are looking to repeat you shouldn't stay packed. You need to upgrade your roster and Miami have failed to do that. They have however brought everyone back which helps but one can only think the Heat needed to improve their roster and bringing in a guy like Bonzi would be a great move.
Amare32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 07:15 AM   #11
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurf
I think if Heat has to repeat they still need to add a little bit more geniune talent because your players are 1 year older.
Maybe Pat should pursue Riley

LOOL...pat pursue riley???

hahaha that sounded funny

Well anyways Bonzi i think would be a great fit to the heat

Walker would make about 7.6 mill this year So Sacramento should S&T Bonzi wells to the heat for antoine walker.

This trade is better for the heat because it opens up more playing time for Udonis Haslem and u get younger by adding a nice back up in wells or maybe even a starting SF.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 03:37 PM   #12
lakers-city
Good college starter

the heat has no cap room. wells is asking over 10 millions a season and the heat doesnt have that kinda money
lakers-city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 12:23 AM   #13
insidehoops
Administrator

It would be a steal for the heat if they could convince bonzi to hop on for a one-year deal. Bonzi might have to do that anyway.

Of course, the problem with that idea is, bonzi wants big free agent money, and he'd not be a star on miami, so bad move if he wants money, good move if he wants to be a part of a potential championship team next year
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 12:58 AM   #14
9spurs
Serious playground baller

Can you believe Bonzi???? this guy wants to come back to Sactown
9spurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 12:52 PM   #15
BFRESH44
College star

He's really kicked himself in the foot ala sprewell when he didn't take the Kings intial offer (which would have paid him 8 mil a year annualy, which is overpaying him in the first place)...

But there isn't a chance he'll be on the Heat. The Heat already have all they need in a wing with J.Posey/'Toine combination. Plus Riles is looking to incoporate Dorrel Wright and give him a chance to see rotation minutes.

They would be no room for Bonzi.
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: