Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Personally, I would like to see LeBron

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Jordan wasnt in the exact same spot at all, he stayed with the Bulls the whole time until his career was all but over, then went to the Wizards.
    And only went to Washington because Krause, like a jealous / egotistical tool bag, wouldn't give MJ a job in the Bulls organization.

He went to Washington, not to ring chase (he was offered a roster spot on the Lakers when PJ took over in 2000, and he would've been the third option and potentially could have won 3 - 4 more rings to add up his total to 9 or 10 chips for giggles, but he didn't want to diminish his ALPHA legacy)

The man was so competitive, that at 39 and 40, after been retired for 3 years, after a career ending knee injury, comes back again because he feels he has something to prove against a generation of stars almost HALF his age. And does quite well holding his own, and in some cases out playing men half his age, with a lot more athletic ability.

Now THAT is a warrior. LeBron and Jordan aren't comparable. LeBron is a weak minded, yearning to be liked, twitter generation homo. Jordan had heart, loyalty, guts, and competitive desire. None of which describes character and intangibles that LeBron James has inside of him.

Pippen was drafted into that team, they grew together
    Exactly, totally different circumstances. Pippen wasn't the "all star caliber Pippen" everyone thinks of in their minds until late 1990. Until then he was just a slightly above average player. MJ carried them from 1985 - 1990. That's a five to six year stretch without a significant amount of help.

In fact Pippen wouldn't have become the player he became if it wasn't for MJ's influence and competitive nature rubbing off on him EVERYDAY in practice, going head to head.

Did MJ complain and make HILARIOUS comments about his teammates? Sure.

Did MJ bolt on the town that drafted him when they couldn't beat the Pistons 2 - 3 years in a row? No.

Did MJ beg to join Bird's Celtics and form a SUPER SQUAD? No.

Was Chicago MJ's hometown? No ... but he ended up making them his second home, through complete LOYALTY and hard work.

In fact, Lebron needed to stay loyal to his team, promising the city of cleveland a chip, means you need to stay there until you do. He nearly did carry a cleveland team to a chip, instead he went with the this is too hard, lets go and join my buddy wade. That my friend is the easy road, the hard road would of been to stay in cleveland and wait for something to happen there.
    Exactly.

Prime reason why LeBron DOESN'T deserve a ring. Beyond his blunders everywhere else as well. He had a chance last year, with SUPER SQUAD and his own failing on the big stage caused the team to self destruct and lose.

He took the easy way and STILL didn't get it done. That's karma, my friends. He will get it though, that team is too good not to do so ... and this year they are even MORE stacked.

Little did he realize if he fought, scratched and clawed in Cleveland ... everyone would ADORE him. If he won just 1 ring there, it would've been LEGENDARY. Equal to 3 or 4 rings piggy backing a fellow MVP caliber player and an elite power forward.
    Last edited by SwooshReturns; 02-25-2012 at 09:06 PM.

People crying about the Super Team needa calm down. Every ring is valuable. Who cares if he joined a different team to get it if he is the best player on the team?

Not me. I would like to see one of the big three being traded away after another ringless year for solid role players and then win a ring.

Hopefully not before Chicago though.

Quote Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
    People crying about the Super Team needa calm down. Every ring is valuable. Who cares if he joined a different team to get it if he is the best player on the team?

Kingbeasley owned this thread.

/end Thread

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    Not me. I would like to see one of the big three being traded away after another ringless year for solid role players and then win a ring.

Hopefully not before Chicago though.
    No star in NBA history has ever won a championship alone... sorry.... and it will never happen...

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    No star in NBA history has ever won a championship alone... sorry.... and it will never happen...
    We all know that ... it's HOW LeBron got his help.

These twitter gen homo# still don't get it.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SwooshReturns
    And only went to Washington because Krause, like a jealous / egotistical tool bag, wouldn't give MJ a job in the Bulls organization.

He went to Washington, not to ring chase (he was offered a roster spot on the Lakers when PJ took over in 2000, and he would've been the third option and potentially could have won 3 - 4 more rings to add up his total to 9 or 10 chips for giggles, but he didn't want to diminish his ALPHA legacy)

The man was so competitive, that at 39 and 40, after been retired for 3 years, after a career ending knee injury, comes back again because he feels he has something to prove against a generation of stars almost HALF his age. And does quite well holding his own, and in some cases out playing men half his age, with a lot more athletic ability.

Now THAT is a warrior. LeBron and Jordan aren't comparable. LeBron is a weak minded, yearning to be liked, twitter generation homo. Jordan had heart, loyalty, guts, and competitive desire. None of which describes character and intangibles that LeBron James has inside of him.

Exactly, totally different circumstances. Pippen wasn't the "all star caliber Pippen" everyone thinks of in their minds until late 1990. Until then he was just a slightly above average player. MJ carried them from 1985 - 1990. That's a five to six year stretch without a significant amount of help.

In fact Pippen wouldn't have become the player he became if it wasn't for MJ's influence and competitive nature rubbing off on him EVERYDAY in practice, going head to head.

Did MJ complain and make HILARIOUS comments about his teammates? Sure.

Did MJ bolt on the town that drafted him when they couldn't beat the Pistons 2 - 3 years in a row? No.

Did MJ beg to join Bird's Celtics and form a SUPER SQUAD? No.

Was Chicago MJ's hometown? No ... but he ended up making them his second home, through complete LOYALTY and hard work.

Exactly.

Prime reason why LeBron DOESN'T deserve a ring. Beyond his blunders everywhere else as well. He had a chance last year, with SUPER SQUAD and his own failing on the big stage caused the team to self destruct and lose.

He took the easy way and STILL didn't get it done. That's karma, my friends. He will get it though, that team is too good not to do so ... and this year they are even MORE stacked.

Little did he realize if he fought, scratched and clawed in Cleveland ... everyone would ADORE him. If he won just 1 ring there, it would've been LEGENDARY. Equal to 3 or 4 rings piggy backing a fellow MVP caliber player and an elite power forward.

What a haymaker to LeClown fans.

Your right. Every star has four other teammates in the starting lineup

Is this the justification that you give Lebron for taking the easy road? Nice try.

It would be fun to see him choke once again in finals if Bulls can't pass Heat.

Read again. I said ONE of the big three, for solid role players. How the **** would that be winning alone is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    I would like to see the Heat lose again.

It's more interesting that way.
    This.

Preferably losing to my Bulls, then the Bulls defeat a gelling Dallas Mavericks squad for their first post-Jordan NBA championship.

Quote Originally Posted by SwooshReturns
    We all know that ... it's HOW LeBron got his help.

These twitter gen homo# still don't get it.

So it's about what transpired off the court that you use to rank players rather than what they do on the court. Is that about right?

he was not going to the defending champions.... The Heat were an average team in the season and a team that got swept/killed in the 1st round since 2006 (yes Wade was there all the time)... Getting Bosh made them an above average team, but not a championship contender really.... They needed LeBron to win a championship....

Secondly, the whole thing about "the greats".... like Magic/Bird/Kobe/MJ never left ... lemme ask you ...

Did Magic acquire Kareem via trade and didnt Magic say he would not come to the NBA if he didnt play with Kareem & Lakers?

Did Bird draft McHale and Parish?

Did Jordan go get Scottie Pippen, then Rodman and so on?

Kobe whined, but ultimately it took Jerry West to deal Gasol to L.A.

Point is, it's not like player talent made those teams great.... The GM and pure luck really is something a player can't control.... Kobe didn't do anything to go get Gasol, it's the front office that does all that.....

It's not LeBron's fault he wasn't gift wrapped an ideal situation like Magic or Kobe was right from a rookie season where Kobe has played with stacked teams 80% of his career......

Now we can see what LeBron can do with two very good players with him -- the same opportunity Kobe has always had, the same one Jordan got, the same one Magic had, the same one Bird had........

Yeah it's too bad it couldn't happen in Cleveland, but that's not LeBron's fault that management couldn't bring in the type of talent he needs to be surrounded by...... So he took matters into his own hands to ensure that he had a good supporting cast....

So what?

Cheating your way to the hard road? Hasnt Lebron had a "hard road" enough of being a one man army for 7 years???
    Who has EVER won a championship with the "hard road" Lebron had in Cleveland anyways?

Unlike Magic and so on, Lebron at least TRIED to do it the "hard road" way.... and he got closer doing it alone than anybody did in NBA history...... so dont you talk to me about "hard roads"...

Championhip teams form up one way or another, the difference is that some like i said have it all gift wraped from the get go.... so they dont have to leave... and others like Wilt, Oscar, Lebron and so on had to create such a situation for themselves after years and years and years of "hard road" like you call it....... Jordan was on the exact same spot as Lebron, but he got Pippen, then Rodman and so on....
    Pauk no matter how much you write a book on here its not gonna change the fact that Lebron left Cleveland because he knew he couldn't win it alone (despite his terrible team). He can win 1, 2, 3 championships, it will always be said. You can't compare this situation to Kobe and Shaq, Magic, or saying MJ had Pippen and Rodman. Magic didn't teamup with MJ or whatever and join up when he was in his prime. Kobe was drafted then traded to the Lakers and emerged from then on. You even heard Michael ****ing Jordan in an interview say he was trying to beat guys like Bird, Magic instead of join up with them. No, just no, no matter what you say this is the truth and the world knows, a few users on this message board saying otherwise isn't gonna change shit

Dwyane Wade and Lebron on one team in their primes is completely different. ''The Decision'' doesn't make things better either.

NBA lottery pick

I can't wait to see what excuse Lebron stans will use if Miami lose this year...

"But he's only 27! MJ was the same!"

Nope, can't use that anymore after this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Jack
    So it's about what transpired off the court that you use to rank players rather than what they do on the court. Is that about right?
    The hell are you talking about "ranking player"? Where are we talking about rank?