Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
    Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Default Kobe or Wade: More Dominant Prime

Which player was better at their absolute best?

Banned

Default Re: Kobe or Wade: More Dominant Prime

This crap again to prop up Wade?

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Some people will go out of their way and answer Wade, but I actually doubt any non-Heat fan above 25 really believes it even if he says so. The answer is Kobe and the gap is not minimal.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale
    Some people will go out of their way and answer Wade, but I actually doubt any non-Heat fan above 25 really believes it even if he says so. The answer is Kobe and the gap is not minimal.
    Come on now. They're practically even. Only thing Kobe had on Wade during their primes is shooting touch. Wade was a better ball handler, better at getting to the rim and finishing, better with stealing and blocking the ball, better rebounder. Kobe was a better SCORER, but Wade was a better OVERALL player.

But career-wise, yeah, it's not that close. But playoff performance and Finals performance wise? Wade's got him there too.

Depends what you mean by dominant.

Wade in the 06' playoffs in the ECF and Finals>>>

lol. stans are so high and low. i remember like 2 months ago wade was in the worst part of his career, now all of a sudden hes a god. No one is doing what kobe has been

Quote Originally Posted by talkingconch
    lol. stans are so high and low. i remember like 2 months ago wade was in the worst part of his career, now all of a sudden hes a god. No one is doing what kobe has been
    What? Lakers/Kobe fans were proclaiming that Wade is done and he's not even a top 10-15 at the beginning at the season. Now that LeBron is clearly the the runaway for MVP and Miami is the best team, you guys are out here saying that Wade is amazing and he's a really great player just to diminish LeBron.

Wade has always been a top 5 performer, a top 4 one this season, and he proves it every game.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by LikeABosh
    Wade in the 06' playoffs in the ECF and Finals>>>
    that's great... question is what defines Kobe's prime? His numbers are fairly consistent from 2001-2013. I guess you can make an argument about 2005-06, but I thought he was just as good in 2002-03, and 2008-09. Crazy stuff..

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    Come on now. They're practically even.
    I doubt too many people believe this who are non-Heat fans and are over 25. That's all. There is nothing wrong thinking any player is better than any other though. It's called an opinion. I just have my doubts that very many people share this opinion who saw enough basketball in their lives and are not reasonably biased vie rooting for the Heat.

But feel free to prefer who you do.

I would pick Kobe Bryant as having the more dominant prime.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by baller562
    that's great... question is what defines Kobe's prime? His numbers are fairly consistent from 2001-2013. I guess you can make an argument about 2005-06, but I thought he was just as good in 2002-03, and 2008-09. Crazy stuff..
    Pretty much this because Kobe has a long ass prime compared to Wade's couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale
    But feel free to prefer who you do.
    I think it comes down to that for these two, at least from what I see in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Pretty much this because Kobe has a long ass prime compared to Wade's couple of years.
    Kobe's more durable, therefore he's been able to consistently play at the same level. Wade's been hurt. Who knows what could have happened from 2006-2013. Might have won an MVP or two and maybe would be in the top 15 conversation right now.

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    Come on now. They're practically even. Only thing Kobe had on Wade during their primes is shooting touch. Wade was a better ball handler, better at getting to the rim and finishing, better with stealing and blocking the ball, better rebounder. Kobe was a better SCORER, but Wade was a better OVERALL player.

But career-wise, yeah, it's not that close. But playoff performance and Finals performance wise? Wade's got him there too.
    Says the kid who admitted to not watching basketball before the decision. Your opinion doesn't matter.