Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Stop saying "Bosh is a 20/10 player on his own team"

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    How many games did Wade miss this year and how many times did Bosh come up up small. The answer a lot. As the #2 option he still had plenty of 10-15 point games that the Heat lost when they need 20-25 out of Bosh. If Bosh averaged 20,10 while Wade was out I would buy the argument He could be a 20,10 guy on his own team.
    He isnt a ten rebound guy anymore. 20 points is easy for a first option star.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Bosh is a 20/10 player on his own team.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by navy

He just isn't a first option star though. He is a solid #2 option at best IMO in the right situation. Look at all the Playoff teams not many of them he would be the #1 guy MAYBE the bulls.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Bosh on his own team won 3 playoff games in 7 seasons.
    but pau gasol on his own team record of zero games won is not his fault right?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Better volume. His efficiency is through the roof...well it was until his recently bad play. Seems like a fair trade off.
    Of course it is.

You seem to be arguing with someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Some of this is true, but it's going way too far.

Didn't bosh go nuts at Portland this year when Lebron sat out the game?

Offense is very rhythm based for a scorer like Bosh...and seeing the ball less means less of that.

What Lebron does to an offense is a great thing, but as a result of a guy like Lebron...you are going to see less than optimal play out of scores like Wade and Bosh. Better for the team overall, but it's not optimal.

And you really sell Bosh short...and again..I don't even like Bosh. I've been called a Bosh hater here for years. But he is a capable offensive player in his own right.
    Yes, Bosh is a very rhythm based guy. We always say that you can tell what kind of game he is going to have by looking at his 1st 3 shots. But when his rhythm seems to fall apart for the playoffs again, you really have to start questioning his toughness.

I am a "Bosh hater" from a perspective of him being a 20 million guy, that, for his salary, could provide things the Heat don't need from him and, on the contrary, can't provide things that the Heat are actually in a need of. The things that could be provided by a 10 mil, real center instead and the rest of Bosh's salary could be used on other glaring weaknesses, especially after this season with Miami being over the cap with just Big 3 + Haslem and Cole signed for the next season.

Nothing more, nothing less. I like Bosh, he is a great and hilarious person. I don't even think it's his fault most of the time, because the Heat can't really do anything else with this personnel (I tend to question the longterm outlook of the whole organization in this before the Big 3 assembled), but if he once again has 12/6 playoffs on 52% TS, he will be receiving a well deserved criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsmasher
    Yes, Bosh is a very rhythm based guy. We always say that you can tell what kind of game he is going to have by looking at his 1st 3 shots. But when his rhythm seems to fall apart for the playoffs again, you really have to start questioning his toughness.

I am a "Bosh hater" from a perspective of him being a 20 million guy, that, for his salary, could provide things the Heat don't need from him and, on the contrary, can't provide things that the Heat are actually in a need of. The things that could be provided by a 10 mil, real center instead and the rest of Bosh's salary could be used on other glaring weaknesses, especially after this season with Miami being over the cap with just Big 3 + Haslem and Cole signed for the next season.

Nothing more, nothing less. I like Bosh, he is a great and hilarious person. I don't even think it's his fault most of the time, because the Heat can't really do anything else with this personnel (I tend to question the longterm outlook of the whole organization in this before the Big 3 assembled), but if he once again has 12/6 playoffs on 52% TS, he will be receiving a well deserved criticism.
    Yes. I've been saying this for years.

He was never a "superstar" and he isn't close to worth the max.

The problem is, a guy like Chandler makes 15 million per year....so his value is hard to actually gauge monetarily.

What we all know, of course, is that the 20 million spent on Bosh...for this Heat team...would be much better suited in other areas.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Yes. I've been saying this for years.

He was never a "superstar" and he isn't close to worth the max.

The problem is, a guy like Chandler makes 15 million per year....so his value is hard to actually gauge monetarily.

What we all know, of course, is that the 20 million spent on Bosh...for this Heat team...would be much better suited in other areas.
    It's a salary cap league. It's impossible to properly gauge a player's value with that kind of distortion of the market. Some guys get ridiculously overpaid, and some get ridiculously underpaid.

The Heat overpay Bosh, but they underpay LeBron and Wade.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    It's a salary cap league. It's impossible to properly gauge a player's value with that kind of distortion of the market. Some guys get ridiculously overpaid, and some get ridiculously underpaid.

The Heat overpay Bosh, but they underpay LeBron and Wade.
    Of course.

That is why I said that for the Heat...I think it's obvious they would be better spreading Bosh's salary to address the needs of the team than having Bosh.

Quote Originally Posted by TMT
    If you center an offense around him like they did in Toronto, he's a 20ppg player at least. But he isn't put in the same situations as he was in Toronto and has resorted to becoming mostly Lebron's jumpshooting puppet. There's no explanation for the rebounding though.
    everything had to be said

Most of the reasoning in this forum is warped. Just about any player in the NBA could avg 20 ppg if they were on a team that featured him. Would that team win? Thats a different argument.

On the flip side, and I can't stress this enough, NO PLAYER WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS ON THEIR OWN. Give Chris Bosh two more players on his level and they probably win a championship. Penalizing Bosh for not winning in Toronto is utterly rediculous.

Serious playground baller

Nobody is a 10 rebound guy playing with Lebron. People need to understand that a team can only have so many rebounds and so many assists. Playing with Lebron your job is to box out so your king can get the rebound. Playing with Lebron your job is to give him the ball and take the shots when he passes to you.

Every system Lebron has ever played in has been built to give him stats. It was a losing formula and thats why he needed to team up with 2 other superstars who can still strive in that kind of system.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

These Spurs fans on here are getting bitter and bitter

Quote Originally Posted by TMT
    Obviously it isn't a successful formula. But the dude can get his when he's not just sitting on the perimeter waiting to catch and shoot. Lebron has had a habit of changing his teammates into "wait, watch and shoot if he passes to me" kind of players throughout his career and that's no different with Bosh. Wade has probably been the only guy who this hasn't happened to.

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

He could come close to 20ppg on meh%, but let's not kidd ourselves with that 10rpg