Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2010, 11:51 PM   #61
TrueDiesel3
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Top 10 WRs in the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Because everythign is based on this year, right? What kind of thinking is this? Oh, right... what have you done lately.

Moss is two years removed from 20 some ****ing touchdowns, 47 touchdowns in the last 3 years combined.... Marshall has like, 23 in the last 3 years? Something like that. If it's one thing you don't lose with age, it's your red zone effectiveness, and he's only 33... no like he's 38 going on 39.
Yes, because it's not possible to decline....

Quote:
Marshall isn't a bigger play-maker though, and he hasn't done more with less.
Really now? I love to see how many 20+ reception 200+ yard games Randy Moss could get with Kyle Orton as his QB.



Posterize.....you are the smartest NFL fan here.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 12:03 AM   #62
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 8,036
Default Re: Top 10 WRs in the NFL

Moss hasn't declined all that much since 2007-2008. I remember vivedly how Moss ran by our cover 2 defense for a touchdown in that great regular season game just last year against the Colts. Straight go pattern. You're not suppose to be able to do that against a cover 2 for a touchdown.

And since when is 1120 and 10 with an average quarterback doing more with less compared to Moss who put up 1000 and 10 with a guy who never started an NFL before, ever, sh!t...I don't think he started a game since high school who also had a noodle arm/lacked down the field accuracy?

It's not.
Carbine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 12:06 AM   #63
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 8,036
Default Re: Top 10 WRs in the NFL

He also had Cutler before... a guy with all the talent in the world and is not afriad to give his recievers a chance to go get it. They also had a great offensive line to allow the quarterbacks to wait for recievers to run their routes.

He hasn't lacked quarterback play.
Carbine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 12:16 AM   #64
TrueDiesel3
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Top 10 WRs in the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by tian820
Marshall's a little immature, sure. I didn't say anything about taking Marshall over Moss either, but taking TO over Marshall right now? That's laughable and everyone would agree. Marshall's had off the field issues, but he's pretty damn good on the field. If you hate the guy (like you hate Roddy White), just admit the fact. Everyone knows TO's not the greatest locker room guy either and the argument that people always put behind him is that he puts up big numbers. Well so does Marshall and he's better than TO right now on the field so the fact that you'd rather have the lesser football playing malcontent is a bit contradictory... Just sayin'
Um, didn't you take Marsh over Moss? So why would you say anything?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 12:31 AM   #65
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-
 
-playmaker-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 8,344
Default Re: Top 10 WRs in the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by tian820
Marshall's a little immature, sure. I didn't say anything about taking Marshall over Moss either, but taking TO over Marshall right now? That's laughable and everyone would agree. Marshall's had off the field issues, but he's pretty damn good on the field. If you hate the guy (like you hate Roddy White), just admit the fact. Everyone knows TO's not the greatest locker room guy either and the argument that people always put behind him is that he puts up big numbers. Well so does Marshall and he's better than TO right now on the field so the fact that you'd rather have the lesser football playing malcontent is a bit contradictory... Just sayin'
I understand...

look, I like my team right now better without Owens...if you look at my list in this thread I have Marshall ranked #4 (although I completely forgot about Rice who I actually think might be better than Brandon)

I don't want Owens on my team for free...

I don't want Marshall on my team for free...

"IF" I were forced to pick between one of them, then give me Owens, who was harmless in the locker room last year and seems to have grown up...

Marshall?...there is a 90% chance he will get arrested this year...

Marshall is the better WR, by far...but I don't want that POS in my locker room. "just sayin'"...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 12:32 AM   #66
tian820
College star
 
tian820's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,064
Default Re: Top 10 WRs in the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDiesel3
Um, didn't you take Marsh over Moss? So why would you say anything?

Edit: Fair enough -pt-. I was basing my original stuff on you loving TO previously. Little bit of homerism there in past posts I'd say, but it's whatever now

Well, I meant as in one being significantly better than the other. And I don't put a whole lot of thought into my ranks. I even left the numbers off because I was basically just going off whichever names entered my mind 1st
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 12:21 PM   #67
TrueDiesel3
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Top 10 WRs in the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
He also had Cutler before... a guy with all the talent in the world and is not afriad to give his recievers a chance to go get it. They also had a great offensive line to allow the quarterbacks to wait for recievers to run their routes.

He hasn't lacked quarterback play.
Oh yeah, Cutler is a really good QB. All I'm saying was he dominated your team with Orton as your QB. Your team probably saw the ball coming to Marshall the entire time but it didn't stop him from getting TDs, it didn't stop him from getting receptions.

Moss is more dangerous, but Marshall is better. It's almost the same as the Adrian Peterson vs Chris Johnson debate, except I actually think CJ is better.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 04:33 PM   #68
The GM
#ballislife
 
The GM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 841
Default Re: Top 10 WRs in the NFL

You don't know football if Welker isn't in your Top 10, with that said:

1. Andre Johnson
2. Larry Fitzgerald
3. Randy Moss
4. Brandon Marshall
5. Reggie Wayne (people forget about him, but he is the model of consistency much like Marvin Harrison)
6. Wes Welker (unquestionably the best slot receiver in the league)
7. Roddy White (he has arrived with a great QB finally throwing to him)
8. Steve Smith (Panthers)
9. Calvin Johnson
10. DeSean Jackson (definition of a game-breaker, makes a 10 yard catch into a 65 yard TD like that)

Sidney Rice & Miles need to do it for more then 1 year to put them in the discussion. Vincent Jackson might have a gripe but I would take Boldin over him (who I expect to have a big year). Chad is overrated, Greg Jennings doesn't do it for me, 4 TD's isn't enough for a "#1 receiver" that is in a pass first offense.
The GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 04:48 PM   #69
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-
 
-playmaker-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 8,344
Default Re: Top 10 WRs in the NFL

2001 329 yards 1 TDs
2002 1166 yards 5 TDs (15th in the NFL)
2003 1355 yards 10 TDs (8th in the NFL)
2004 1313 yards 9 TDs (3rd in the NFL)
2005 1465 yards 9 TDs (5th in the NFL)
2006 1393 yards 7 TDs (11th in the NFL)
2007 1487 yards 8 TDs (12th in the NFL)
2008 540 yards 4 TDs
2009 1047 yards 9 TDs


^^^ that is a CRAZY 6 year period

maybe his time is up, but it seems like to me that he never got enough praise for some reason...maybe his celebrations made people take him less seriously...but he was really good, for a really long time...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 05:35 PM   #70
TrueDiesel3
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Top 10 WRs in the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-
2001 329 yards 1 TDs
2002 1166 yards 5 TDs (15th in the NFL)
2003 1355 yards 10 TDs (8th in the NFL)
2004 1313 yards 9 TDs (3rd in the NFL)
2005 1465 yards 9 TDs (5th in the NFL)
2006 1393 yards 7 TDs (11th in the NFL)
2007 1487 yards 8 TDs (12th in the NFL)
2008 540 yards 4 TDs
2009 1047 yards 9 TDs


^^^ that is a CRAZY 6 year period

maybe his time is up, but it seems like to me that he never got enough praise for some reason...maybe his celebrations made people take him less seriously...but he was really good, for a really long time...
When Owens was in his prime, did you think he was better than Moss?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 05:44 PM   #71
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011
 
Posterize246's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: North Philly, PA
Posts: 12,830
Default Re: Top 10 WRs in the NFL

I love when people go with the "if you don't think (blank) you don't know anything about football" route to defend their opinion.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 06:34 PM   #72
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 8,036
Default Re: Top 10 WRs in the NFL

If you don't think the Colts play in Indi, you don't know anything about football.
Carbine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 07:07 PM   #73
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-
 
-playmaker-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 8,344
Default Re: Top 10 WRs in the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDiesel3
When Owens was in his prime, did you think he was better than Moss?
Moss in his prime > any WR in his prime

Owens might be #2 though, what a ridiculous beast of a WR Owens was...


Owens could still have some of that left btw, lets not forget about the stud QB that was throwing to Owens last year...who knows what kind of WR Owens is right now...





those were Ochocinco's numbers I posted btw...not Owens
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:16 PM   #74
northwinds
Banned
 
northwinds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 723
Default Re: Top 10 WRs in the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Welker not getting enough love!

Exactly...how do you leave him off a top ten list with these numbers over the last three years:

346 catches; 3688 yards

.....and people want to put Calvin Johnson on the top ten list instead of Welker....LMAO. Who has caught more passes in the NFL than Wes Welker over the last three years?
northwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 06:15 PM   #75
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking
 
HisJoeness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The SBY, MD
Posts: 3,971
Default Re: Top 10 WRs in the NFL

Andre Johnson
Larry Fitzgerald
Brandon Marshall
Randy Moss
Reggie Wayne
Roddy White
Vincent Jackson
Megatron
Desean Jackson
Steve Smith
HisJoeness is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:27 AM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook


















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy